September 19, 2014 | 1238 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by moblinger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I previously used PF Mineral Wear pressed powder, but after becoming pregnant and researching the products I use on my skin on skindeep.org, I decided to switch to the Healthy Wear because it only scored a 2 out of 10 on their 'hazard meter'. I must say I'm very pleased with the performance of this powder! I use two colors, the Translucent Light goes on first with a kabuki brush (after letting my Belli tinted sunscreen soak in), then I apply another thin layer of Translucent Medium with the provided sponge. I love the result - the product applies with the ease of a powder, yet gives the coverage of a liquid/cream foundation. I have mild/moderate acne (before and during pregnancy) and using the Healthy Wear powder has reduced the number of cosmetic breakouts I've experienced. Love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by yunbean

I got this in one of those CVS clearance sales and used it for only 3 months before the expiration date on the product. I use it to set my bb cream to get a more matte look and the spf50 is a total plus! If only the product lasted longer, I would've gotten more use out of this product. overall, it didn't flake on me, easy application, extremely cute packaging that's also efficient and travel friendly, and affordable price. I would definitely repurchase again if I come across it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by CyndiK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good cosmetic sunscreen with high SPF. I usually apply this with a brush for a more natural look, but if I need more spf coverage, I use the sponge that is stored under the powder in the compact. I like that the SPF mainly comes from minerals, not chemical sunscreen. This is also good for dusting over lotion sunscreens that have a sheen. Though a powder, the consistency is a tad moist, so it sticks to skin well and gives a slight dewy finish. It stays put very well in hot humid weather.
    There are four shades- two of which are labled "translucent" which provide sheer coverage; the two other shades (light/medium and medium/tan) provide medium coverage that is buildable.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

yeahh lik comment below got it at biglots for 4$ and so i bought 2 foundations and 2 bronzers. im pretty sure this broke me out like nuts. just after putting it on, it gave me an intense glowy look, not dewy, but GLOWY prolly b/c theres spf 50 in there. i wore it on a 3 day trip with nothing unusual about any other skincare product except using this on top of everything and i came back home with acne all over my face. i thought it was just b/c of the abrupt climate change but i wore it several times on top of my sunscreen for extra protection when i went running or just during a long day outside and my acne worsened. not flattering b/c of intense shine and broke me out. shouldnt have bought 2 of them. but the bronzers are very nice! i got in medium and tan, i prefer tan.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by wendymadeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at big lots for 4$ . It has a wierd smell . And very little coverage . I liked the spf 50 but thats it . All i need it for is to set my makeup so its ok besides that no good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i was very disappointed with this. i couldnt find any other drugstore powders with high spf, which is why i picked up this one. i had to order it online, since i couldnt find it in stores. the coverage was pretty darn good, and it wasnt difficult to buff out.

BUT, it oxidized HORRIBLY. worse than anything else ever has on me. i'm quite fair, but after no time at all this left me straight up ORANGE.

and since i ordered it online, i'm not going to go through the hassle of an online return :/

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Physicians Formula. They sure have come a long way and much improved. I am very impressed with them lately!

The high spf is what attracted me to this product. I love the orange and hot pink bubble case! Lately, its about the packaging; its a make or break deal, if i dont like the case im not going to consider it. the product is powdery and does cover pores. It is very transparent and light in coverage. I use this powder to top my powder foundation Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc Free Airbrushing Loose Powder SPF 30. This case is so much easier to tote around than the loose powder's case, but i so do dearly love the loose powder. I tried to put this on by itself, but it didnt look as nice. It looked dry and dull, but with the PF Mineral Wear on top, looks absolutely fabulous.
    Also, its got talc :( but so far no breakouts or clogged pores) but so far so good.

check out my full review on froofrooritables.blogspot on this and the other Physician Formula products that I love!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this cute and sturdy little mirrored compact which houses a great SPF 50 in a powder form!! Perfect to slip into your bag and go! I set the Healthy Wear TM with this powder using a brush. I love how the sponge applicator is included so I can use that for touch-ups during the day, if needed. I like the design of the case too with the separate compartment for the sponge. I use the translucent light and it works for my complexion. This really keeps my face shine free throughout the day. No breakouts. Excellent value for an amazing product! HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Lauren0011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in translucent light, and it does a fairly good job of mattifying my skin after foundation application. I hate the packaging, so, so, much. When I open it, the actual physical pan flips up and has to be pushed back down so you can use it. Super annoying, especially when you're in a rush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mbtmom2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin and was skeptical if I would be able to use this product. I love powder foundations for ease of travel and application. However, with dry skin, it is difficult to find one that does not cake and accentuate dry areas. This powder is perfect on it's own or over a liquid foundation/BB cream. It does not cake or fill in dry areas. It looks smooth and even on the skin. I love this powder as much as my DiorSkin Forever compact powder foundation and at under $15 it's a savings compared to almost $50.