February 1, 2015 | 1320 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by orangetwigletss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i. love. this. stuff. for years i have struggled to find foundation that matches my skin tone. i'm one of those girls who has five different foundations on hand because it seems like my skin tone changes by the day. i wish i had discovered this product much earlier to save myself all the trouble! the mineral wear goes on flawlessly, covers up oil, and prevents that unsightly "foundation mask". some days i just put on primer and apply this powder because it correcrs my redness and makes my face look totally natural. if i had to use only one beauty product for the rest of my life, this would be it. it has truly made a difference. my only complaint is the brush it comes with- it's difficult to get good coverage with it, and the bristles are cheap and stiff. i apply the powder with one of my bare minerals brushes- it makes a huge difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by la1a1a1aura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the physicians formula correcting kit and this powder came along! the kit was only 20 dollars! and it came with 2 other things so it was a great deal! This powder did not completely get rid of the red of acne but it reduced at least 85%! which is a big difference! I am naturally tan so the powder was too light for me but no biggie since i did put liquid foundation over it! The shade i got was 'natural beige'. I only rated it a 4 because of the lack of shades they have of this. I did try new foundation at the same time i tried this so I dont know if it was this or the neutrogena skin clearing foundation but i'll just say it was the combination of both of these that made my skin look soooo much healthier even if does have acne! I will definitely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have some redness that I wanted to cover(from roseacea) and decided to try this.
Pros: I used a large brush and lightly brushed it all over my face. It does cut down the redness by 60-70%. Not a miracle worker but pretty good still.
I have very sensetive skin and this hasn't broken me out.
if you apply it lighty, its not cakey or heavy. I used BE foundation over that and you couldn't tell there is extra layer of this on your face.

cons: all the shades are very light. I choose the second lightest shade and it was almost white. I have very pale porcelain skin so lightly brushed, this looks like my own skin. However, heavily applied, I am sure it would be too white. For anyone with medium to dark skin tone-this product is definately not for you.
I saw that several people commented that this made them look washed out-this IS a corrector, not foundation, and you are supposed to wear foundation over that.
I really like it however and just repurchased this

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this product, it is very translucent and mattifying. A really good natural powder and a great value for a more natural product. The organic wear version is a bit dark on my ultra pale skin, I really prefer this one in translucent, over the organic, though the packaging in the organic line is cooler and more lightweight. I am willing to sacrifice on packaging on a lot of these products though, because they are really good and a great deal, especially if you get extra bucks or find them on sale/with coupon.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't care for this product very much. Thankfully, I got this free with purchase last year. I've just never done a review on this. I naturally have med/tan complexion and this washes me out. Was not impressed at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I just am not impressed! I can't really hate it because the product literally does nothing.All of the colors are swirled together making it harder to just get a specific color there are pink green yellow and peach.When it gets mixed it just look like a white powder that will wash you out.When I took some of the green to cover redness and I found that it doesn't cover the redness that well esp compared to elf complexion perfection.The elf one is 3 $ this on sells for 20$ .Save you money get the elf the colors are in squares making it easier to use than physicians formula version.
The packaging is horrible and it's like that brand wide it seems.The product itself with the lid takes up only 25% of the packaging total. The brush compartment needlessly takes up the rest.As for the brush it doesn't work but no surprise there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! the only challenge is knowing how to use it.

PROS:
- corrects uneven skin tone
- helps mineral foundation go on much smoother
- helps color correct imperfections, so u use less concealer or less foundation
- very light feeling

CONS:
- crappy brush, get a better one!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyChu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product wasn't all together bad, I do end up using it fairly often, but I find I can't use it on it's own! It ends up making my face look really washed out, so I have to use a pressed powder over it, even if I only use the corrector in small areas. It does do it's job though, and I like that the different colors are segregated enough that you can use them separately from each other, I like to use the green around my nose and the salmon-y color under my eyes.

I gave it a 2 for packaging... The brush is crap and I don't know what the deal is with PF but the lids always break off on their powders!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by JaymeLC07

I actually really liked this product - so much so that I wore it instead of foundation for quite awhile! It evened out my skin without making it look cakey. Very natural. Now I use it before applying the Physician's Formula pressed powder, to even out some minor redness as well as the slight shadows under my eyes. Zero breakouts - even after falling asleep with it on (on more than one occasion)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by theparsley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really liked how this made my face look. It evened me out and made me look less red. I got this in translucent; it didn't dry out my face or make me look like a ghost or anything (though I am already very pale, so this worked well for me).
Unfortunately, this broke me out into a rash on my jawline and cheeks on the 2nd use. It was an itchy red bump rash that looked a lot like I had an acne breakout. It lasted for almost a week. I really wish I could use this product. :(