April 16, 2014 | 1967 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyChu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product wasn't all together bad, I do end up using it fairly often, but I find I can't use it on it's own! It ends up making my face look really washed out, so I have to use a pressed powder over it, even if I only use the corrector in small areas. It does do it's job though, and I like that the different colors are segregated enough that you can use them separately from each other, I like to use the green around my nose and the salmon-y color under my eyes.

I gave it a 2 for packaging... The brush is crap and I don't know what the deal is with PF but the lids always break off on their powders!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by JaymeLC07

I actually really liked this product - so much so that I wore it instead of foundation for quite awhile! It evened out my skin without making it look cakey. Very natural. Now I use it before applying the Physician's Formula pressed powder, to even out some minor redness as well as the slight shadows under my eyes. Zero breakouts - even after falling asleep with it on (on more than one occasion)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by theparsley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really liked how this made my face look. It evened me out and made me look less red. I got this in translucent; it didn't dry out my face or make me look like a ghost or anything (though I am already very pale, so this worked well for me).
Unfortunately, this broke me out into a rash on my jawline and cheeks on the 2nd use. It was an itchy red bump rash that looked a lot like I had an acne breakout. It lasted for almost a week. I really wish I could use this product. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by bree123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Translucent and overall I like it. Unfortunately the packaging is deceiving, making it look like you're getting a lot more product then you actually are.... and the whole under-mirror compartment is a complete waste. I never use it and the brush went immediately into the garbage. However, the powder itself is actually pretty decent. I use it under my foundation and although it's not a miracle-worker (does that even exist in the makeup world?) for a drugstore product it did a good job at improving the appearance of my skin tone. I don't recommend it for olive or darker skinned girls, because it does come across as a snowy-white dust, but I am fair skinned so as long as my foundation is a bit darker it seems to turn out okay. I'm pretty sure I would buy it again but I find it's a little expensive for what you're getting so I'm not entirely sure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why did I even buy this?
Didn't work at all. I used it on top, under foundation and by itself...same results. Nothing. It's just a multi-colored powder that made my face look ghastly. Didn't even out skin tone what-so-ever.
Not worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by INSPIREMAKEUPDESIGN

This product was a great "idea", but I don't think it really worked out in "real life". The Correcting Powder is a combo of green, pink, and yellow. I found it: 1)to not work; 2)not worth the money; and, 3)cakey. Not to mention that the product is so difficult to get out of it's primary packaging!! There are other items that I adore that Physicians Formula produces, but this just isn't one of them...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

at first i had no use for this because it just seemed lik an extra layer of powder that i didnt need but recently i had some horrible skin problems with my new acne gel and made my entire cheeks superbly flushed in a horrible way and so i used this and it helps alot! my cheeks didnt look glowing red. ALSO this is the main part of this review. I usually use udpp but my shadows still creased pretty badly throughout the day and also i had lots of trouble blending my shadows after i applied the primer b/c its a bit sticky but i found that if i pat a thin layer of this powder over my lids after the udpp, it makes the shadow go on VERY smoothly AND i havent seen creasing for the past 3 days i've been doing this, so if anyone has this and doesnt really have a use for it, try it as a second eye primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by travelbugaf3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I no longer wear Physicians Formula because I found another makeup that looks on me, works better for my skin, and is more inexpensive in the long run. . . BUT, out of all the PF products, this is the one I think I might use in the future. It is very soft and feels great on my skin, and does a nice job cutting down on my redness and combating my oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have this product in the "buff beige". It's not good, but not great. Just ok. I really don't notice much of a difference when i apply it over or under my make-up. Im going to use it up just because i don't want to waste $14, but i won't rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by emilyheartsmakeup

This product is talc-free which is so great! People have been complaining about how light it is and how bulky the packaging is. I on the other hand got the next darker shade of the transulent (creamy natural) it is pretty light too but it look fine on my skin tone which is light. I also like the packaging. I like the mirror in the bottom, but the brush suucks. The colours blend great together and go on my face easily and looks pretty natural. I have heard it makes people's faces very chalky and yucky, but I use it and I get no chalky-look..?? It my blemishes pretty well also. I adore that it is talc-free and minerals in it!! Though it is called a correcting powder it is more like a finishing powder. I use it last then use my blush/bronzer by Physicians Formula and it seems more like a finishing powder. I think I am going to get a miner pressed powder though from Physicians Formula for a even better finishing powder. I love Physicians Formula! Though it tends to e quite expensive..