October 31, 2014 | 1523 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Doubling Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by kbaker21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received a free sample size from the Clinique counter and I'm completely happy with it. It does take a steady hand b/c the liquid is so wet but i love how you can pile it on to really give your lashes extra length. Not sure that I would actually go buy it myself but it is great if you are considering the purchase.

(if its not from walgreens: rimmel or maybelline, i would go for Diorshow!)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Shaylynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for about three months.

It is a flaky mess. I've had problems with it almost every single day. After 8-10 hours my eyes are red and itchy.

Pros:
Can hold a curl
Very black

Cons:
Flaky, has caused problems with me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Wowsa, I sort of love this mascara. Yes, there may be cheaper DS options that make your lashes look SIMILAR. But sometimes similar isn't good enough, eyy? In any case, I guess that I am the odd one out. But I tried this mascara after the raved about Benefit's There Real. And I have got to say that I would trash the Benefit one after using this one. But no, I am forcing myself to finish it.

This mascara gives me naturally voluptuous, fluttery eyelashes. It is sort of the 'your eyelashes but better' effect. It definitely adds more to the length then the volume. But I like that, meaning that it doesn't give you the clumpy spider lashes. The brush head is very different from all other brands, cone like end with thick bristles. Formula is thinner than most other brands that I have tried, so it doesn't clump easily. I haven't experienced any smudging, as mentioned by others.

This reminds me of the Origins Ginzing Mascara that I rave about. The main difference being that the Origins brush is large and fluffy, whereas this one is cone-like with thick bristles. I like this brush head better for the lower lashes. But I love that both options are paraben free. Going to keep both in my collection.

Overall, this is one of my favorites. I like it better than Dior Blackout or Benefit They're Real. I like that it is paraben free over L'Oreal Voluminous. Cost is $16, so fairly reasonable since I don't go through mascaras like crazy.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by chachakitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I gave this 2 stars because technically, it is a mascara. What a mess. The product was entirely too thick to work with and no amount of time or creativity allowed me to make it functional. Total disaster. The brush held onto the product like a paint brush instead of a mascara wand. Really weird. I gave it a week and then returned it, asking if perhaps it was a defective tube. But no, the sales person told me it was not a popular item.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by jessyjessy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

As someone else mentioned, it's more of a "My-lashes-but-better" thing. I got this as a sample and I've used it instead of my other mascara (something forgettable from Target) and have been pleased about it so far. I'm blonde with blonde lashes and finding a black mascara that looks natural can be difficult. I also have pretty sensitive eyes that water like crazy, either because of the mascara's scent or due to clumping. This mascara has no scent and seems incapable of clumping, no matter how many coats. My eyes are happy.

Thickening? Maybe after a few coats. Longer? Absolutely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used up a small sample size of this mascara before reviewing just to let you know incase there are any differences between the full size and the sample size/mini size of this mascara.

About my eyes: Contact lens wearer, extremely sensitive and itchy, dry

This mascara has a pine cone shaped brush.

Pros
-great volume and length from this mascara
-easy to remove at night with my regular cleanser

Cons
-a very wet formula - smudged hours after application
-bothered my sensitive itchy eyes about 3 hours in to wearing even after putting in anti histamine drops and using an oral medication and keeping it in the fridge between putting it on.

Therefore, if you are like me and have very sensitive itchy eyes, then I would stay away. However, if your eyes are not sensitive and you are not prone to smudging, then I would give this one a try because it is easily removed at night and it provides excellent volume and length for my lashes. I just wish it didn't bother my eyes. Therefore, I gave it three lippies because I took one off for the smudging and one off for the eye irritation, but other than that it is an excellent mascara, but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sized tube about this and was kind of meh about trying it. I have previously used Clinique mascara, but mostly because I got a sample and not really been impressed. I tried this one and at first I really liked it. The formula was just right and the brush was a great size and I really did have lashes that were double in size. Then it went downhill within the first few applications. I do not know what happened, but I started to find this formula much too wet. I started to have a lot of problems with too much product at the outside lashes. I think this is due to the tip which grabs too much of the mascara and then over applies it when putting it on. I would pass on this one and not try it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

This stuff is the bee's knees (that's a good thing). Over the last 5 years, I've compared it to all of the Lancome and MAC mascaras, as well as all of the other Clinique ones. Clinique Lash Doubling continues to outdo them all. The formula has no smell, it lasts forever (ie. up to 4 years in tube without getting clumpy), and it goes on perfectly. The perfect formula combined with the wand's perfect length (not too short and stubby and not too long and awkward) and bristle shape makes for a perfect application every time.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by shygirl7

I got a sample size of this mascara, I would have never bought it because I'm more of a false lashes kind of girl, but there are days when I want to go without them, so I pulled out this sample sized mascara. The reason why I wear false eyelashes is because I've got short, thin, straight eyelashes. Before I wear any mascara I have to curl, curl, curl. My eye lashes have a horrible time holding a curl, and this was no exception, but then again nothing can hold it, I have to work hard for pretty lashes. Anyways, I love this for my days where I want to look more natural, and this makes my lashes look darker, slightly longer, and thicker. My eyes look bright and pretty. However, I'm hopeing there's a mascara out there that requires less effort. I won't buy again (unless my lashes will never get curled by mascara).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by strawberry818

I really enjoy this mascara, it holds my curls very well even though its not waterproof. I don't have the full size but I like ten of the samples from clinique bags. I recommend for people who want natural looking lashes.