July 29, 2014 | 1310 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Doubling Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by chachakitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I gave this 2 stars because technically, it is a mascara. What a mess. The product was entirely too thick to work with and no amount of time or creativity allowed me to make it functional. Total disaster. The brush held onto the product like a paint brush instead of a mascara wand. Really weird. I gave it a week and then returned it, asking if perhaps it was a defective tube. But no, the sales person told me it was not a popular item.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by jessyjessy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

As someone else mentioned, it's more of a "My-lashes-but-better" thing. I got this as a sample and I've used it instead of my other mascara (something forgettable from Target) and have been pleased about it so far. I'm blonde with blonde lashes and finding a black mascara that looks natural can be difficult. I also have pretty sensitive eyes that water like crazy, either because of the mascara's scent or due to clumping. This mascara has no scent and seems incapable of clumping, no matter how many coats. My eyes are happy.

Thickening? Maybe after a few coats. Longer? Absolutely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used up a small sample size of this mascara before reviewing just to let you know incase there are any differences between the full size and the sample size/mini size of this mascara.

About my eyes: Contact lens wearer, extremely sensitive and itchy, dry

This mascara has a pine cone shaped brush.

Pros
-great volume and length from this mascara
-easy to remove at night with my regular cleanser

Cons
-a very wet formula - smudged hours after application
-bothered my sensitive itchy eyes about 3 hours in to wearing even after putting in anti histamine drops and using an oral medication and keeping it in the fridge between putting it on.

Therefore, if you are like me and have very sensitive itchy eyes, then I would stay away. However, if your eyes are not sensitive and you are not prone to smudging, then I would give this one a try because it is easily removed at night and it provides excellent volume and length for my lashes. I just wish it didn't bother my eyes. Therefore, I gave it three lippies because I took one off for the smudging and one off for the eye irritation, but other than that it is an excellent mascara, but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sized tube about this and was kind of meh about trying it. I have previously used Clinique mascara, but mostly because I got a sample and not really been impressed. I tried this one and at first I really liked it. The formula was just right and the brush was a great size and I really did have lashes that were double in size. Then it went downhill within the first few applications. I do not know what happened, but I started to find this formula much too wet. I started to have a lot of problems with too much product at the outside lashes. I think this is due to the tip which grabs too much of the mascara and then over applies it when putting it on. I would pass on this one and not try it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

This stuff is the bee's knees (that's a good thing). Over the last 5 years, I've compared it to all of the Lancome and MAC mascaras, as well as all of the other Clinique ones. Clinique Lash Doubling continues to outdo them all. The formula has no smell, it lasts forever (ie. up to 4 years in tube without getting clumpy), and it goes on perfectly. The perfect formula combined with the wand's perfect length (not too short and stubby and not too long and awkward) and bristle shape makes for a perfect application every time.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by shygirl7

I got a sample size of this mascara, I would have never bought it because I'm more of a false lashes kind of girl, but there are days when I want to go without them, so I pulled out this sample sized mascara. The reason why I wear false eyelashes is because I've got short, thin, straight eyelashes. Before I wear any mascara I have to curl, curl, curl. My eye lashes have a horrible time holding a curl, and this was no exception, but then again nothing can hold it, I have to work hard for pretty lashes. Anyways, I love this for my days where I want to look more natural, and this makes my lashes look darker, slightly longer, and thicker. My eyes look bright and pretty. However, I'm hopeing there's a mascara out there that requires less effort. I won't buy again (unless my lashes will never get curled by mascara).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by strawberry818

I really enjoy this mascara, it holds my curls very well even though its not waterproof. I don't have the full size but I like ten of the samples from clinique bags. I recommend for people who want natural looking lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by TorieButterfly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, I really wanted to like this product. Clinique usually makes some great products, so I'm usually not that concerned about buying anything from them. This however, was a sample from me buying some perfume. I tried it out several times on my thin, limp lashes and it did nothing for me. I curled my lashes, then applied the mascara. My lashes fell instantly and looked like I had gobbed on mascara. This is definitely not a beauty staple for me. Sorry Clinique! Maybe this product would work better for someone with thick, voluminous lashes. I hope this helped.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by dutchesse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this and the waterproof mascara from Clinique because my eyes are difficult. That said, I'll pick this one each and every time.

It DOES double my lashes, it comes off quickly and painlessly, very little to no clumping. This stuff is incredible and I find out to be one of the more underrated mascaras out there. I have found my lifelong mascara and am sticking to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by hotrocketship

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have naturally long dark lashes (thanks parents). This mascara added length, further darkened them, slightly thickened and slightly curled them. The end result was (as the first reviewer put so well) natural looking but pretty. Sort of a my-lashes-but-better kind of thing. I've experienced a tiny bit of flaking, but nothing that would turn me off. I'm really impressed with the wand (love the tapered brush for getting my inner lashes) and the curling ability-as you can see from the picture, it added a slight curl without me having to use a lash curler! Love that. I put that I will buy again, BUT I will have to check back on that-I most likely will, but I have to see how long this will last, hopefully at least a few months, before drying out.