Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have two bottles of this now, Sheer Ecstasy and Peach of Cake. I don't like the formula. It's very streaky. The brush is nice and wide, which should make for an easier application, but the polish itself moves the way you'd expect a bottle of old stuff that's been open for a while to move. It's just sticky and too thick, and thick without being opaque. Not a good product.

Edit: I should say one thing for this polish: it's super shiny, even without top coat. Which is good, because I didn't have time to do the clearcoat before I left today. And my nails really do look nice.

One of my favourites - rich colour, an immense range of colours to choose from and a wide brush which makes application incredibly easy. In terms of durability, it's quite good but I still use a top coat on top, even though it's supposed to be 3 in 1.

Overall, I would highly recommend.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This really is a good polish. I've used them all, I've spent three times as much. I have over (don't laugh) 300 bottles of nail polish. I do believe for wear and tear this ranks right up there with OPI. The price is right, the selection decent. I do kind of not like the brush. It's wide and flat and makes application a breeze, but, but it barely fits back into the mouth of the bottle and I at least end up getting polish around the mouth of the bottle. So I call that a design flaw. Gray-t escape is a really nice nude with my skin tone. There are some really pretty blues and turquoise, and a glittery blue called Mermaid's Tale, that looks good over the pretty blues and turquoise.

Amazing stuff! I'd given up on nail polish since having kids - even shellac!! - as nothing lasted longer than a day so it fell into the too hard basket. I'd received one of these, a lovely pastel shade purple, as a freebie. I thought I'd give it a spin not expecting much. I was instantly impressed with the payoff - really only needed two coats and no need for top coat. Plus I loved the 'gel' look finish it had. What really amazed me though was that four days later - it was all still there!!! I was stoked and went out and brought 3 more on a priceline 3 for 2 deal. All the other shades have given me the same results, love this product!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this nail polish yesterday and I already love it. I've always used Essie before but the last 3 bottles I had dried out quick. Like really quick and its not because I left the cap unscrewed. So when I was at Target I decided to pick this one up because they had the same color that I usually buy in Essie. In Essie I used to buy Muchi Muchi, and in the Sally Hansen I bought At First Blush and the colors are identical except Sally Hansen dries quicker, not streaky, better brush and I only need 2 coats to get a dark enough shade. It's cheaper too! Would definitely recommend!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I own a lot of these and one of my favorites are Barracuda. It's pretty hard to find for whatever reason. It's such a gorgeous baby blue. The formula on ALL of these are similar to OPI. So smooth and easy to apply, not streaky for the most part and don't chip.

I would HIGHLY recommend these.

This is lasting longer than my salon manicures. Particularly amazing because you don't have to use top coat with it. I put it on Sun and it is now Sat., and no chipping yet. Pretty amazing. I am a busy working mom with pets and gardens and all the rest. I bought All Fired Up today and plan to do another manicure tonight. For $8.79 you can't beat it. So much cheaper than going to the salon. I will prob. go to salon once a month and do the rest myself with this amazing polish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I always alternate between Essie and Opi and try to stay away from usual drug store mid-low end polishes. Don't get me wrong, I do love spending only a few $ on a new nail polish, but I never found one that stays long, or doesn't chip the very next day (looking at you loreal) or fades etc
So, the main reason I decided to give sally's Salon a try, is their wide brush.
Wow, I am really impressed. Here is why:
#1. It is true, the shape of the brush makes it for a much faster application.
#2. The brush makes it easier not to paint over cuticles
#3. Only one coat is enough. Amazing, no?
#4. Dries very quickly, even if not billed as quick-dry
#5. Easy to remove, unlike quick-dry polishes like Revlon, which are almost impossible to remove without loosing a nail on a process.
#6. Stays true to color for days

Btw, I have it in 814 Platinum Star, very beautiful saturated silver, without cheap looking sparkles. Very smooth in color and application.
Can't wait to try other Salon colors.

Have a number of these polishes. Nice thick brush makes it easier and quicker to paint the nail.
nice shine to nails and last a good number of days.
only problm I find is the colour appears to stain the nails and takes alot of removing

Love the nail polish and the color is so vibrant and pink!
I really like the brush, you could do your nails really quick because it's larger than normal brushes.
You have to be careful not applying to much, do more layers, for me I think two layers is enough. It also dries quick and stay on for a long while, and doesn't chip before some days of wearing, but that's normal. It's also a lot of nailpolish in the bottle!

This is really one of the best nail polishes I've tried, and I have like 50.. This is a good drugstore nailpolish!