September 18, 2014 | 992 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Quadra Eye Shadow - 18 Kaska Beige

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Louise

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am ashamed to admit that I have most of the Chanel eye quads. Each time a new one debuts, I swear that it doesn't ring my chimes and that it is similar to another one that I already own. But in all fairness, I first scope out the quads on the internet. Let's face it, the computer does not do these beauties justice. When I go to the Chanel counter to try the quads, I usually end up buying them not based on how they look on me but on how pretty the colors look in the case. I bought this set with the Imprevu blush and Maldives lippie. After my makeover, I went home, looked into the mirror and said, "Meh". I have to say that I really missed the boat on these. Every time I wear these colors, I get complimented on my makeup. I have a PPP with green eyes. These colors really make them stand out. At first, I was a little disinterested in them because of the preponderance of purple. I have Mystic Eyes quad from last year which is a study in purples. But the Kaska Beige is much more versatile. As far as richness and originality in colors, Chanel cannot be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Smashbox80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I simply adore Chanel e/s but this quad blew me out of the water, and that is rare for me. But why, oh WHY must it be LE? I have been using this so much that I am tempted to buy another, which is rare too. I have many eyeshadows and palettes, but this one is by far my favorite of them all. I buy so much makeup, mostly lippies and palettes that I rarely pay attention to the quality of the shadows i am using, unless of course they are chalky or i can't work with them, but i can honestly say that has never happened to me. I buy shadows of all brands, from d/s to h/e and in-between and have always been impressed with Chanel. I have always found the pigmentation to be excellent and the textures to be soft and smooth and application a breeze, Now I am truly PPP - no match in MAC, my closest foundation match is Bobbi Brown Alabaster and even that shade could be a little lighter. That being said, every single nuance of color shows up on me - I love the bronzy-brown color (bottom right), as it has a slight golden glimmer and I can apply this color to my lid, fade it up past the crease to a lighter brown/bronze and use the rich, buttery cream color to blend up to my brow gone for the perfect workday look that also makes my blue eyes bluer and brighter, in fact, every shade in the quad enhances my eyes beautifully. These are my 2 favorite shades of the quad and I use them daily. When I want an eye look with a little more depth, I use the shade in the upper right hand corner (I call it a semi matte brown-raisin) in the outer "V" to add depth and the shade in the lower left hand corner (I would describe it as a purpley-brown with slight plummy shimmer) over my liner or as a liner itself. I can see both of these shades being excellent in the crease for a more dramatic look at night. I love that these shadows go from day to night, making them great to travel with. Can't find anything bad to say - OMG I love this quad!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by makmipurfekt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wish this was not LE, I love the color combination and the payoff if wonderful. the texture and the classic chanel packaging of the shadows is also quite dreamy. it being LE makes me not want to use it as much as I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 6:40:00 AM More reviews by berrybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect if you apply the right colours in the right places... I loved the look of these colours in the pans and on others online, so I had to try them. Once I got it home, I felt disappointed, as it looked boring and dull on me. So I watched a couple of YouTube vids and realised I was doing it all wrong! I put the lightest colour on the inner corners and as a wash over the lid to the brow. Don't do that! It looks dull in the inner corners but weirdly, bright and lovely on the browbone. I use MAC soft ochre paint pot as a base and put the goldish colour (bottom right) over the lid and the darkest colour (bottom left) in the outer corners and the crease and then blend with a MAC 217. Then the lightest colour (top left) for the browbone. That gives me a perfect warm smokey eye. I use the other brown (top right) for softer daytime looks in the crease and outer corners and it's still smokey and warm but more subtle. It is more matte than expected but not flat, it has a slight shimmer. I'm in Australia and we get the round pans - don't know how they compare to the square ones but this version is highly pigmented and very silky. It blends easily. I've worn this from 6am to 10pm and the shadows haven't budged (no doubt helped by the base). Worth the money IMHO because I have the reflets d'ombre quad and have barely made a dent after frequent use over a year. Overall a very sultry, smokey effect that can range from subtle to dark and dramatic. If you want a gorgeous doe-eyed effect in a sophisticated palette of colours, this nails it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

It seems I may be alone here, or at the very least, one of the few who wasn't blown away by Kaska Beige. I obsessed with this shadow long before I bought it, but when I finally brought it home, I despaired at spending $61 CAD on a less-than-stellar palette.

The colors are to die for, truly. The deep chocolate brown alone, with its scattered bronze and golden flecks and plum tendencies, made me gasp when I first saw it in the pan. The flesh color would make for a great highlight, the golden tan would add dimension, and the medium red brown would do well as a wash or a soft crease. I knew I could use all the shades, every day. But alas - while the colors are strong, the quality and pigmentation are just lacking.

While Chanel's shadows have never truly impressed me, I had hope for Kaska Beige, as it was promised that this palette was heavily pigmented and had a silkiness and blendability not often found from Chanel. And while the pigmentation is definitely an improvement, it doesn't even come close to the likes of Lorac, Shu and Benefit (the new formula). And even with a great primer, the color wore off after about six hours. And I've never had an issue with eye shadow color disappearing on me. These are, however, truly very soft shadows - so soft that fallout is inevitable, and it makes for a messy pan.

So at the end of the day, I'm unimpressed. Chanel has some fabulous products, but the eyeshadows continue to leave me wanting.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by daisy888

I like this quad, but I have to admit, I don't love it. I was eagerly awaiting for it to be available here in Toronto, and the first day it was out, I brought it home. The colours all swatched beautifully in the store, but after actually trying it on, I wasn't as impressed. The three plummier shades are really nice, and make for a quick plummy brown neutral eye. But the brown shade (bottom right) does not work all that well with my olive skin. It would've been nice if they had made this more shimmery, like the grey shade in the Mystic Eyes quad, to give it some more dimension. I also find that I really need liner when I use this quad, which I don't normally bother with during the day. So overall, I do like this quad, for the other three shades, and once again, I find it decently pigmented and easily blendable, so I would likely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a few Chanel quads which I treasure. This one has favored status.

The texture of these ES is buttery. The pigmentation is superb and the colors are sophisticated and elegant. They highlight my eyes and bring out all the green in them. I think these would embellish any color eyes.

The case is Chanel elegance and sophistication. I know these are pricey but in this particular quad well worth it.

would re-purchase but as this was an LE, I think they are sold out for now.

If you find it, grab it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by jcl925

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After raving reviews of this Chanel quad from various beauty blogs (mostly asian-american) I had to get this even though this quad is not cheap. It even looks fancy with the velvet cover for the case! FYI, this is my first Chanel purchase and I rarely use eye shadow unless I'm going to a special event. I bought this quad 3 weeks ago and I've been using it almost everyday because I love it so much! Wow! I'm so impressed with the quality and I didn't expect any less with Chanel. The application seems so effortless, goes on smooth and blends so well. With just a MAC 217 brush (have to do it fast with minimal tools since I'm at work normally =/) I can do a quick eye look in minutes, which is impressive since I'm such a novice with e/s application. This quad is worth every single penny...when you break it down, it costs just as much as other quality eye shadows and I know I'm getting my money's worth since this will be used daily. I may go back and get the smokey eye version. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product! Very velvety and soft, it is very easy to apply these highly pigmented eye shadows.

Perfect for day and night, they blend amazingly on the eyelids. I am really impressed. Definetely recommend this quad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by medicredfearn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

*Pictures and swatches at the end of this review*
This is quite possibly my favorite Chanel Quad. I've had it for about a month now and the few times I have used it, I can honestly say I've not been disappointed! I think if you're warm, you should get this!
The shadows are pigmented, smooth and not glittery or too shimmery/frosty! The cream color and dusty caramel brown I believe are satin finishes. The plummy brown and golden olivey bronze colors are sort of frost finishes, but not really frosty. They have just the slightest hint of shimmer and are perfect for neutral looks.
I don't really have too much more to say about this quad. It's just gorgeous and I think Chanel should make this part of the regular line of items, not LE. As usual with Chanel quads, this was pretty pricey. I paid $56 + tax at my Chanel counter. But if you think about the use you'll get out of it, I'm pretty sure it's worth it. Atleast in my opinion it is. Here are some pictures of the quad itself, the quad next to the Mystic Eyes quad and swatches on my skin.

Kaska Beige on the left and Mystic Eyes on the right