December 22, 2014 | 1163 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by marinabennett

Absolutely loved this mascara. I used to use the old XXL Intense Volume + Length one but they discontinued it so I had to find another one.

I was skeptical at first about how well this would work, but I found it was great. It does clump a little bit at times, but it's not a big issue; enough re-brushing with the topcoat usually fixes any real problems.

I have very fair, short eyelashes, and this stuff really makes them longer and fuller. Not only that, but despite the fact that it's not waterproof, whenever I go swimming with this stuff on, it hardly marks up my face at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by star53

I have long but thin lashes, and this mascara makes them look exactly how I want them to look. I am so grateful to whoever wrote on her MUA review to only put the 1st step mascara on the tips of lashes. Without doing that, I am not sure I would love this mascara. For best results when using this mascara I heat up my lash curler with my blow dryer, (if you have never done this be VERY careful, it gets hotter faster than you think-always feel it with your hand first!) then I get a q tip damp but not dripping, and coat my lashes like it's a mascara wand. This makes the mascara glide on smoothly. Then quickly after that I coat the tips lightly with step 1, then right after that use step 2 all over, remembering to wiggle it gently at the base of my lashes to build up volume. I really like the finish of this mascara too, it looks amazing! I will recommend it to friends!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by WesleysMom25

This was crap. I usually use the Extensions one and I loved it. Thought I would give this one a try. I wore it maybe 3 times. It made my lashes clump really bad. They looked awful. I gave it to my sister.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by kitsune

24 hours my ass.

This is a bit fiddly -- a double-ended tube that you unscrew from one end to apply the black primer (brush attached to cap) and on the other to apply the "topcoat." I worry that the lettering will wear off the tube & then I'll be wandering lost in the woods, unsure which end to apply first, but that's neither here nor there.

I actually quite like the results of the "primer" -- very precisely defined, if not very voluminous lashes. When I apply the topcoat, my lashes often get a bit clumpy, and the mascara is actually *so* black that it looks rather fake. I don't mean fake in a kind of awesome "gosh, am I wearing false lashes?!" way -- but an uneasy territory neither big occasion dramatic NOR softly realistic. I don't feel that this mascara holds a curl particularly well, which is additionally irksome.

However, of all the sins this mascara has committed against me, the worst is its CONSTANT SMUDGING. For something that claims 24 hour wear, it comes nowhere close. Full n' Soft WP doesn't smudge on me...and yet this does. Every time. Within an hour or so of application, and regularly all day. I wipe away the smudges beneath my eyes, and by the next time I get a glimpse of myself, new ones have appeared. It *never* stops smudging. I do not wear this on my lower lashes, and have been testing this in non-humid, non-sweaty fall weather. My eyes are not watery. I have tried it while wearing primer potion on my somewhat oily lids & without. It smudges. It always smudges. To hell with you, "24 Hour Bold" mascara. For natural, defined lashes I recommend Maybelline Full n' Soft Waterproof, and for more dramatic and *actually* longwearing mascara, L'Oreal's Beautytubes. THAT stuff will not budge, I promise you.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by yasminos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

if i'm being cheap i use maybelline full & soft and on a special day i use mufe smoky lash. my mom suggested i try this because i never use mascara without a primer. after using this for about 5 days, i must say it is def. worth trying! i looove how the primer is black instead of the horrible white like every other makeup brand. the primer's brush really separates my lashes really well and makes them look really long. i wish i could buy the primer by itself because the mascara side is not that great. the mascara brush gives a clumpy application and gets flaky towards the end of the day. however, it doesn't give me raccoon eyes and really lasts 24 hours! the packaging is really chubs and its hard for me to get close to my eyes because the packaging is so thick and chunky. if maybelline was smart, they'd sell the primer by itself in a skinnier packaging because the primer is def. a winner!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Katzepatra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used Intense XXL before and remembered liking it for what it was but not being impressed. I had a coupon and all the "new" XXL mascara's were on sale so I picked this one. I wish I had tried the microfiber one as people seem to be more happy with that one then the Bold.
I really don't understand what is bold about this mascara. I really love that the primer is black and NOT white like most 2 step mascara's - I have the hardest time getting the white covered! This primer is definitely better then the mascara its self and I sometimes just wear the primer and don't bother with the 2 step process.
I was running out of my last mascara (L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes) which I loved compared to this, just hate white primers as they never seem to be completely covered. Would not buy XXL Bold again but will use until the primer runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by peqpatino

This mascara works great for me. It does get a little clumpy on application, but nothing that a little brushing though doesn't take care of.
I don't know exactly what the claims were supposed to be when stating that it was "Bold," but it does a great job of adding length and volume to my eye lashes. I love the glossy look it gives my eye lashes at the end of application. There was no flaking throughout the day, or smudging underneath the lash line.
I would rather not have to do the double application, but it does a great job in making my eye lashes look good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is awful; don't waste your money. The wands don't really separate lashes well and I hate the two step process. I used this on one eye and used my MAC one on the other and the lashes I used this on looked so limp and lame. Not going to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by polaroidlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like most others have said the primer is better than the mascara you just have to use a little technique to apply it and don't start at the roots only do the tips Too bad the brush for the primer is tricky to work with
It flakes once in awhile but it does last I'd say probably 12 hours looking ok. After 24 I think you would need to reapply again. Will not buy again but will use until this one is gone.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by kyralyn

This isn't that bad--but just doesn't do much to my lashes. It does a wonder to my bottom lashes, which is nice, but just not my top lashes. It lasts all day, and looks okay, but it just doesn't make my lashes thick and bold. Will use until its empty, but will not buy again unless I need a mascara for my bottom lashes.