Turmeric Mask

4.5

Turmeric Powder

on 11/2/2014 2:46:00 PM

For about a month now I have really struggled with my skin- I have had consistent breakouts around my mouth area, cheeks and forehead. After trying countless shop bought products to try bring my skin under control and instead facing more problems such as redness, dry skin ect, I decided to turn to the more natural side of skincare, hence the wonderful turmeric mask.

Here is the recipe I used-

1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (mine was shop bought however organic is best)
2 teaspoon of pure honey (again, shop bought)
1 teaspoon of sugar
splash of lemon juice

I applied the paste to my face and left for around 20 minutes, and when I washed it off my skin was as glowy as ever. I did have a little bit of staining, however this was easily dealt with by cleansing my face straight after with my cleanser. The turmeric and honey have natural anti bacterial properties which is great for those who experience break outs or clogged pores. After my first time using this mask my spots where significantly reduced and were dried out which really made me happy! The sugar is a natural exfoliant which works alongside the lemon juice which is a natural acid to help slough away dead skin cells (gently) and also reduce any pigmentation and scarring you may have on your skin.

Overall my experience with this mask so far has been pleasant. I will update in a few weeks time to comment on whether or not this has helped with any scarring and also any further improvement in my skin. Enjoy!!

on 10/31/2014 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I haven't tried it yet, but for those of you that had worse acne or bad irritation as a result, you may be allergic. I'm going to do a test on my arm to see if I am allergic to it first before putting it ALL over my face. This is a strong suggestion for those who have never tried it either!!!

on 10/27/2014 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just can't get past how this stains my skin yellow, and it was pretty drying too, not a fan.

on 10/27/2014 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on the fence with this. I've used this enough to write a review, so here it goes. It seems to me that when the vast majority of people have great results with a product, I don't. Maybe I need to give it a few more tries, but as of yet, I'm not loving it.

I've used this as both a spot treatment and a mask. I don't typically mix it with anything other than water, less is more for my skin. That being said, I usually leave it on anywhere between 15 minutes to half an hour.

It's a bit** getting this stuff off. Even rinsing thoroughly, I'm still left with a yellow tinge to my skin. I'm as pale as they come, but this just annoyed me. That's a big negative for me.

The only difference I had after using this, was that my skin felt smoother. That didn't last too long. As far as that glow everyone is talking about, it sure didn't happen for me.

I'm thinking about mixing this with some tea and honey to see if I benefit from taking it internally. I'm sure I'll try using this on my skin again just to see if I have better results.

on 10/26/2014 4:54:00 PM

Review and just a comment - I'm certain it works great topically but if you take turmeric, raw honey and cocoanut oil and mix in a cup in equal parts than take a teaspoon and eat it everyday you will have clearer softer skin and an anti-inflammatory all rolled up into one! (Unless you're allergic that is :)
I started taking this mixture because of joint pain - the by product is great skin!
Took 2 weeks to see and feel changes -

on 10/19/2014 7:40:00 PM

i have been mixing turmeric with a little honey and milk and applying it to my face a couple times a week (i use all organic, I think it is more pure than non organic). I've been doing this for about a year, and every time i rinse my face my skin feels SO smooth! The only con is that turmeric can stain anything, so you have to be careful. I use the clarisonic when i wash my face after, so that removes the yellow tone on my skin. Then i apply a moisturizer. i absolutely LOVE this mask, and it's helped me out with acne, scarring from past acne, and adding a nice glow to skin. Highly recommend!

on 10/13/2014 4:54:00 PM

Not for everyone. It actually made my acne a lot worse. Burning eyes and skin. really irritated my skin. Also itwill make a big mess. Face turned yellow for 2days. Even makeup could not really cover it. Will not try it again. Everyone would be more carefully wit DIY for your skin.

on 9/28/2014 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is extremely oily around the nose area, and ONLY the nose area, so I tend to get a lot of blackheads there. I also break out a lot on my cheeks, chin, forehead, sometimes neck (so pretty much everywhere)... Or should I say 'used' to!

I made a paste of turmeric powder and olive oil, applied it to my face and left it for around a half hour. I then washed it off with "Witch" foaming face wash (which I've been using for years now) to get all of the colour off, and moisturised with a little bit of coconut oil before patting my face dry (or I make a combination of coconut oil and granulated sugar to exfoliate once every 2-3 days). I'm not even exaggerating when I say I saw instant results. My face and spots weren't at all red, and my skin tone seemed to have improve. I applied it again the next night, and the one after that, and a few red scars/patches I had on my cheeks from older pimples I'd picked at had vanished! Those patches had stayed on my face for a month before using turmeric. They dried up after the first application and were honestly completely gone after the third. I know for sure it's the turmeric that's doing this because I went a week without applying it once and I broke out EVERYWHERE. My chin, cheeks, nose, etc.

Please try it if you suffer from acne or are prone to breaking out a lot. You seriously have nothing to lose, and there's a high chance it will work for you!

on 9/12/2014 3:50:00 PM

Oh, how I hate to say it, but this did nothing for me. I tried 4 masks made with a little regular flour, a teaspoon of turmeric (regular food-grade) and a bit of milk. All that happened was that after the 3rd one I developed a few huge blackheads. So maybe the turmeric pulled those to the surface somehow, but otherwise -- zilch.

I also turned a bit yellow after the fourth one, but it washed off the next morning. Incidentally, I read on xoJane.com that adding oil to these masks is what turns you yellow, so maybe skip the almond oil, etc.

on 9/12/2014 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

So l have dark acne scarring and severe hyper pigmentation on my face.... a stack contrast to the skin on my body which is baby smooth!!!
Tumeric works! I've been leaving it overnight every night for the past 5 days and my scars have lightened up to a brown colour from black. Yep it's awesome, l leave it on overnight mixed with olive oil or as a face mask with yoghurt and lemon.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to get clear skin, remove acne, and dark circles by farahdhukai

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products