September 2, 2014 | 918 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - Olay Simply Ageless

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by PurpleMongoose12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's pretty good but I would have never tried it if it hadn't gone on sale! Lol I ain't paying 13 dollars for a concealer in the drugstore! I think that's crazy. But its my favorite undereye concealer so yea I guess I would pay that much for it but I still think its cray-cray!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by CandyLatte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this at first, then a few weeks later it was all patchy and noticable on my skin :( No, didn't change my skin routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by rachellelkelley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like it...it's my favorite "cheap" concealer right now. I always keep a couple around in case I run out or lose one. I have good skin but horrible dark under eye circles (they're more red-purple than blue). I work crazy hours and don't get enough sleep, I have allergies, and I have a hereditary predisposition for circles. That said, this is good stuff. It covers well but doesn't show up. It just makes me look like I've actually slept a little. I've never had trouble with it drying my skin out, myself; it seems pretty moisturizing to me. It seems to last pretty well too - I might touch up once halfway through my 8 hours at work. I like how natural it looks and I like pot concealers. My biggest issue with it is the possible questionable ingredients; I'm trying to use more natural stuff. If you need a good cheaper concealer this is definitely a good option.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

BY FAR THE BEST!!! I was on a search for the best (drug store) under eye concealer, and i think its safe to say i found it. it makes my eyes look wide awake due to how bright it makes them look. its so creamy and covers by darkness completely! this was a total HIT for me i just love it !

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by itsjackiebella

www.itsjackiebella.com

Hey guys! Iíve tried so many concealers/correctors to cover my dark circles but itís so hard to find one that wonít crease or settle into my fine lines. Grrrrr!! I usually wear Macís Pro Longwear Concealer in NC 30 but was looking for a drugstore alternative and came across this this product and thought Iíd give it a go and I love it!!

Texture & Finish:

The corrector has a creamy texture but isnít too thick and feels light on the skin. It glides on and blends effortlessly leaving a hydrated and bright appearance.

Best Application:

Before applying the product, grab your favorite eye cream and MOISTURIZE! Let that eye cream sink in for a of couple minutes, then you can get started with the application. I get the best coverage and most natural look by dabbing the concealer/corrector onto my skin with my ring finger and blending it out. I blend it out half way with my finger and finish blending it out using a damp beautybender sponge in a bouncing motion. After the concealer is completely blended out, I use the same beautyblender and dab on some a thin layer of setting powder. I find that if I do not set this concealer with a powder, it will crease.

Coverage:

This product is great if youíre looking for light to medium coverage. Although the product seems to be pretty pigmented, it wonít cover your dark circles if they are extremely dark. I have also used the concealer in light/medium to cover up minor imperfections and it covered redness and dark spots nicely.

Staying/Lasting Power:

Iíve worn this product for a 10-hour day and the coverage lasted throughout. I tried wearing this product without setting it with a powder and it creased within the hour. Worn with a setting powder, I didnít experience any issues.

Fragrance:

This product doesnít seem to have much of a scent.

Packaging:

The product comes in a small plastic container that isnít too bulky so it is ideal for travelling. However, once you open the product, the lid doesnít seem to have an airtight closure. Iíve only had this product for about a month and the product seems fine but there might be an issue of the product drying out over time.

MY FINAL VERDICT

The Good:

The concealer/corrector has great lasting power and coverage without looking heavy or cakey when applied correctly. It brightens beautifully which give you that ďwell-restedĒ appearance

The Bad:

The concealer/corrector isnít full coverage so it doesnít cover extremely dark circles. Even though it is hydrating when you first apply it, throughout the day it seems to dry up on the skin a little bit. If you have extremely dry under eyes, this product may not be the best choice for you. Also, for a drugstore product, itís a little pricey.

The Beautiful Truth:

I would recommend this product to everyone with normal, combo, or oily skin. Even if you have these skin types, you still need to moisturize well because throughout the day this product seems to dry the skin a little bit. If you have extremely dry skin, you should steer clear of this productóit WILL make you look hydrated upon initial application HOWEVER after a couple of hours, your under eyes will most likely appear flakey. My skin is combo-oily and my under eyes are a tiny bit dry, but when I moisturize with Cliniqueís All About Eyes Rich eye cream, this corrector looks great on my skin and doesnít flake or look dry.

Even thought it is a little pricey for a drugstore product, I would still repurchase since it because it does a good job covering my dark circles without settling into my fine lines and doesnít crease.

For before & after photos, please visit my website at http://itsjackiebella.com/2013/05/12/covergirl-olay-simply-ageless-corrector/

Thanks for reading!! :)

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by ErinWood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love this concealer, applies smoothly and feels hydrating to my under-eyes, VERY brightening.

The coverage is almost perfect (when used on under-eyes).

I use with a translucent powder and it does not settle into under eyes for at least two or three hours, I would highly recommend using with a primer.

Stays on all day.

***Would not recommend on blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to use the Old Version of Revlon Age Defying Concealer (in a reed tube.), the only issue is that it is discontinued. It was a concealer that I could use on blemishes and under my eyes. It was beautiful.
So I have been searching high and low for a replacement, trying both high end and low end. Unfortunately my skin is very sensitive and there are a lot of products I cant use for various reasons. (breakouts/dryness/oily-ness etc.)
When I first used this, I literally took a deep breath and said "Finally."
It does run a little light so even though I am about an NC-15, I use the color Light-Medium. I can use this on my blemishes, acne scars and under my eyes. It has a wonderful "second-skin" like texture and takes very little effort to apply and blend. I have only tested it through 8 hours, but I am sure it would last as long as I need it to. Even through sweating and heat. It set and didn't fade or move. It never got cakey or settled into creases. And it hasn't broken my out.
I will be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Didn't like it. Was nice to apply but it creased and settled into fine lines. I know that concealers tend to wear longer when primed or set but there are other cheaper concealers which do the job without those things, so this didn't cut it for me. Not sure about how it does on blemishes, and not sure about the packaging. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by hanako20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like the creamy texture of this concealer. It's definitely on the yellow side for my cool toned skin, but this is no surprise since it's mainy for undereye circles. This works pretty good on the blue under my eyes! It also covers blemishes and hyperpigmentation really well! It's my go-to concealer; it's nice to wear under my foundation so it isn't as noticeable. Just don't get a color that's too light! I'm almost done with it and have started using the Almay clear complexion blemish healing spot concealer (which also has great coverage) since it has salicylic acid in it, but I'll repurchase this for under my eyes. The packaging doesn't bother me and I've used it daily for about 7 months!
Update 12/28/13 This is still better than anything else I try! Though Hard candy glamoflauge is good, what I have is too light of a shade for pimples. This CG is versatile, and I like that this is creamy as opposed to a liquid - blends easily but stays in place!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by racheslor

Terrivle, terrible concealer. I bought this thinking the anti aging part would not accentuate fine lines or get cakey because anti aging stuff tends to be more mousturizing.

-this gets so cakey and applies cakey
-it's pricey for a drugstore concealer
-no matter where i put it, it settles into fine lines and accentuates pores and dry skin
-shade range sucks, most are too pink

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone