April 17, 2014 | 1647 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lancome - Génifique Eye

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by unfadablesmilez

I was sucked into buying this product on my way to lunch. I wanted to check out a color fever gloss. I inquired about the product and tried it out on my hand and liked how it felt. I needed an eye cream so I thought it was evitable that I would buy a new one, so I gave in and bought it. This product didn't really work out. I didn't see a difference in the 7 days that was advertised. It seemed very ordinary. Because I received a gift with purchase, I was unable to return it, so now I am stuck with it. To make things worse, the next time I went to the counter to ask a few questions and to purchase a color fever gloss, the sales associate was really rude. I felt that she judged me and my wallet by the way I look, young and asian. She was in rush to get rid of me and help the more mature lady of her own ethnicity. Her service has turned me off from the whole Lancome line and I will not be repurchasing any product from Lancome at all.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by bethraven

This is a beautiful eye cream for puffiness, fine lines and dark circles. As a new mum, when I put this on in the morning I could see a visible improvement in my heavy under eye bags and it made my whole face look a lot fresher, like I had just had a great sleep! It made my very fine lines look less visible and felt gorgeous to put on.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by lizindallas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product three weeks ago based on very good reviews on the Sephora website. I haven't experienced quite the amazing results as many of those reviewers did, but I will say that after 3 weeks of use, the undereye circles do appear to be lighter. That is amazing actually. The lines? Well, they're still there. So will I buy it again? I really don't know. Most of the little jar is still there, so if I continue to experience good results? Then yes, I will. But if I don't get any additional results? I'll probably go back to something cheaper....

Update - okay now I'm on week 4 - and I really DO see a visible difference. The dark circles are definitely lighter. The lines? less noticeable. I am very pleased with the results ! It IS worth the price....

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by blissliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

all of the eye treatments from lancome disappoint me. another waste of money. i wanted lancome to redeem their honor back by giving it another chance, and so this purchase. however, this eye cream once again has left me disappointed. i have used around 3 eye products from lancome and none of it works. in fact, all of them gave me bad reaction. my eyes became dry, flaky and eczema began to grow. my eyes looked 10 yrs older. looks like i need to strike off lancome for any eye cream products. soooooooooo not worth the money..:(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by tiinakh

This product has denaturated alcohol listed 6th on the ingredients. Who in their right mind puts alcohol in an under-eye product?! No wonder my fine lines have deepened into full blown wrinkles due to dying effect of this product. But I learned my lesson: always, ALWAYS check the list of ingredients first.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by LuvlyLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this stuff for two months. It haven't done any good for my dark circles. It only reduce puffiness and puff up the line you have under your eye. I didn't see any changes to help with wrinkles. Continue using will only promote 40% collagen to rebuilt but not to even out fine line or reduce any of it. I purchase a whole lot of Lancome product but was disappointed for the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by PanPan70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a decent eye cream. It's fairly light, not too greasy and absorbs quickly. I got a deluxe sample as a gwp and have been using it for a couple of weeks. If you buy in to all the promises that Lancome is making about it you're bound to be very disappointed and I certainly think that the product you're getting justifies the price that they are charging. Also, I prefer products that come in tubes as opposed to tubs. When I used it after using retin-a the night before I got a little stinging presumably from an active ingredient in it. Be warned if you have very sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So dissapointed! For the expensive brand and price, this cream was not very good. It was to slippery and greasy, and it doesn't really help dark circles or dryness.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by madaba

OK, so a few months ago when I was purchasing concealer at Shoppers Drug Mart, the lady there told me that this product was so effective that I wouldn't even need concealer. I bought the concealer anyway (the Clarins instant light click pen -- it's great!), but have to admit that I was still intrigued about this Genifique eye cream. So I ended up going to the Lancome counter at the Bay and asking for a sample, hoping for great things. The SA was very generous and filled up a little jar with the (very expensive) cream. I have used it for about three weeks now and ... nada. So totally ineffective, and I don't even like the texture. It's hard to get it onto your finger to spread -- it has almost a waxy texture. I have used eyecreams before, and like the Shiseido one and Biotherm, but this Lancome product is so not for me. Thank goodness I didn't fork out the 80 or 90 dollars or whatever it is!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lissaleela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly, I really like this product! It's my HG, but I wish it was a little cheaper.

It does what it claims to do. It really brightens up my under eye area, and after I put it on in the morning, I can tell that it's less puffy. One day, I woke up with puffy eyes because I watched a really sad movie the night before and went to bed right afterwards... needless to say, my eyes were almost instantly back to normal after using this! It's like magic in a little jar!

Putting make up over this is no problem at all as well, because it is absorbed into your skin so quickly.

I wish It came in a small pump instead, because I really don't like these jars that you have to constantly open and close. It's very unhygienic.

When I run out of this product, I might consider repurchasing it, but the price at $80 CAD is a little steep for my wallet.