December 22, 2014 | 1878 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, my skin tone is a "30" in Dior Hydarating Nude Foundation; that's a medium tan with warm yellow undertones. I find like many other reviewers that this powder does tend to make my skin appear lighter than it really is, though apparently not as dramatically as paler reviewers here. That did not bother me overly much, as I had been using a foundation with this that I purchased while more tanned, and I found it evened out the too dark foundation tone nicely. Still, if you are looking for a "translucent" powder, this is not it.
The formulation is chalky, and the packaging is crap. You really need your own soft kabuki or powder brush to put this on properly, the packaged brush is completely worthless. I had been misusing this as a setting powder, and it worked just fine in that regard, but in reality this is a finishing powder - like a cheap version of Guerlein Meteorites, or a comparison to Physician's Formula Pearls of Perfection, etc. It is not a foundation powder, not a setting powder, and not an oil absorbing powder. It's supposed to give you an illuminated look, otherwise known as "dewy" on the youthful, or "youthful" on the older. ;-) In all of these cases it is really important to have a good powder brush to apply properly, and to use a very light touch when putting it on as a last step powder over all your other "stuff." A lot of people complain about the sparkles; I really didn't notice a sparkle overkill going on, though it is definitely not a matte powder (and doesn't advertise itself as such). My one complaint about the shimmer - and I would call it shimmer rather than glitter or sparkle - is that the particles that are there could have been more finely milled. But I don't find the highlighting effect excessive at all, compared to the powder's much more obvious shortcomings: non transparency and chalky texture. I think if you find the sparkle in this product overwhelming, you may be putting it on too thickly.
These days for a transparent setting powder I have moved on to better things, but I would still keep this around for when I start losing my summer tan and don't want to switch up foundations. Not worth repurchasing, though - at this drugstore price, I would expect a better texture and packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this product, but I do not use it for an allover face powder. The other reviewers are right, it isn't translucent, it will make you look white. However, I only use this powder for setting my highlight under my eyes/on top of cheekbones. It works really well for this...I apply it with my MAC 224 brush very lightly. The shimmer looks really nice when used for this purpose. I would repurchase. If you are looking for an allover face powder I would NOT recommend it, but if you are using it for the same purpose I am, it works really well. MAC NC40 for reference.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by LisaPickford

This was one of the first translucent powders i have used. At first I really liked this product. I used a large powder brush and didn't find that it made me look too pale.

After a few weeks I noticed that my skin was looking grainy and you could see the powder marks. My skin was starting to look paler and definitely not flawless like its supposed to.

Pros;
- the packaging looks nice and has a mirror

Cons:
- the brush
- makes skin look pale

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

I had high hopes for this powder. I am really porcelain skinned so this was just fine for me regarding color but this is not transparent and would be too white or chalky for anyone darker than porcelain or ivory skin. i do not see the sparkels people talk about at all. the packaging is just terrible. you can not take this powder with you in your purse and you will need you own applicator sponge. it comes with a silly flat brush that i could not find any other use for, so I gave it to my cat to play with. it cost 15.00 dollard Canadian and I will never buy it again. I prefer the Dream Matte Powder by maybelline or L'Oreal's one,
i would buy it for say eight dollars. Even wet 'n wild has the same chalky powder for like 5 bucks. do not bother. Shame on Revlon

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually like this powder. It does nothing to control oil, so the 1st few times I used it, I wasn't happy. I got it out of stash recently because I'm breaking out very badly from a new BCP, and I wanted to see if it would do anything to smooth over the bumps. IT DOES! Makes my skin look much smoother. I don't notice any glitter at all, but I'm putting it only on the sides of my face and my jawline (where my breakouts are) and not on places like my nose, that catch a lot of light. So that might be the trick to this. Also, I'm extremely pale, so the "ghost" factor isn't an issue with me (I always look ghostly!). Overall, I'd say if you want to make your skin look smoother, give it a try. IMO, it works just as well, if not better for this than the Elf HD powder, and is much less drying.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by MoreThanAFeeling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This makes me look like a chalky ghost. It also contains huge chunks of glitter and dries out my skin making it look patchy. probably the worst powder i've ever tried. What were they thinking. I love the makeup but this is awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ktkemp33

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a part of a BOGO 50% off at Walgreens. It was kind of steep - $14.00? But it does absorb the oil and adds a nice no color finish.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
-Cute container - i actually really like the packaging

Cons:
-Horrible brush
-Translucent? More like ghostly...i am pale and this made me look like a white piece of paper
-GLITTER - sheen or dewy is okay but big chunks of glitter are awful
-Grates on skin
-Application is not smooth
-Drying and shows all dry skin patches

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is not transparent. Your face will be chalky white.