December 20, 2014 | 1648 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gave this a try due to Paula's rec, and while it cleans well enough, is free of colour and perfume, and is really cheap, I can't say I'd repurchase. Mostly I don't like the, as someone else said, "viscosity." It's a bit thick for a gel and I feel like I'm just sliding it around on the surface of my skin, rather than actually cleaning. It does break down eventually and clean, but I don't like that slimy feeling and the time spent rubbing to break it down. I've tried using less product, but the issue remains. Gave it a 3 because it works - eventually.

EDIT: downgrading to 2 lippies as this struggles with mascara. So, it's slimy and doesn't even clean well enough. (I had been using tubing mascara which comes off with warm water, so didn't notice problems with cleansing. But with regular non-waterproof mascara, this left a smudge below my lower lashes.)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Ashes83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. I have extremely oily skin, but it's also extremely sensitive. I just turned 30, so no more bad breakouts, but I do get my "time o the month" pimples ever so often.
I was using Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel, but that was a bit much, Price wise and it dried me out like crazy. This cleanser is crazy affordable.
This cleanser is just right. I love how it foams up just enough, not too much. I kinda like the viscosity of it, It's a bit thick so I feel like when i rinse it off, the dirt and oil and makeup are stuck to the cleanser. It takes my makeup right off. Then again I don't use a lot of makeup, but it takes off eyeshadow and mascara.
I also don't have to use that much oil free moisturizer afterwards. I gotta say, my skin looks radiant and smooth. People think I have on a face full of foundation and I don't.
I hate the packaging, though. This stuff will squirt and run out like crazy if you're not reeeaaallly careful with it.
I am confused about some of the people that are complaining about it not treating their acne. It doesn't claim to do that on the packaging. It says its a gentle cleanser, and that's exactly what it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW13 naturally, N20-25 from a bottle : ) Gray eyes. Color season is True Summer.

Surprisingly, I liked this drugstore face wash. I used it both to wash my face and to remove make up. It worked very well as a 1 step process, and when I massage it into my skin and eyes for about 20 seconds, I find it does dissolve my make up and remove it very well without leaving my skin feeling as dry as alot of good one-step cleansers, such as Philosophy Purity. I think I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by FieryHairAndAttitude

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have edited this review so may times that I had to start completely over. I have dry, somewhat sensitive skin. I previously used Purity cleanser and that's my HG so far. Simple doesn't clean deeply enough because I noticed blackheads on my nose, some red bumps on my hair line, and one BIG zit. Also it dried my skin without me even realizing it, so my skin way over-produced oil. Then I realized I had a few uses left of Purity, so I used that for several days and my skin is 100% perfect again. I think this would work better for someone with oily skin. But I will still use this sometimes. Next I'm trying a Kiss My Face Olive and Green Tea bar, wish me luck!

I almost forgot, the gel will ooze into the lid and then onto whatever surface it's on, so it could make a small mess. You have to be so careful when you get some out. This doesn't have a scent, which I like. The consistency is a bit thick, I may have liked it more if it weren't like Jell-O. The price is good, I got it on sale for 4 or 5 dollars. But it might work for you, so give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by paulineann97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really liked this cleanser. I have acne prone skin and i always have break outs, and i found this helped with settling them down while also making my skin VERY soft. i was sad when i went to buy it again and the store i went to didn't have it, so i got the regular wash i thought would do the same. it didn't and now i have none of this gel. i really liked it though and its GREAT for sensitive skin

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate this cleanser. It didn't remove makeup or foam up. Felt thick & clogged my pores. I threw it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by keahi85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this cleanser! I have incredibly sensitive skin, everything breaks me out. I purchased this and the Cetaphil foam wash. On 6/22/13, I used the Cetaphil foam wash, and after two uses, it broke me out with a cluster of FIVE nasty cystic acne spots on my chin. It's taken 3 weeks plus a two week course of minocycline to finally clear it up and begin the healing process.

Anyway! There is a silver lining to the story, because after noticing the cystic acne forming after just two uses, I promptly switched to the Simple gel wash on 6/23/13. Best decision ever. Even though I had Mount Vesuvius on my chin, the rest of my face began to clear up remarkably within just a few days. For me, that's nothing short of a miracle. My face has always been riddled with comedones and 3-5 zits, plus a few red marks from healing acne at any given time. I can definitely say my skin has never looked better, it's beginning to take on that coveted "glow" and even tone. Still not 100% clear, but given the results I've seen so far, I have no doubt my skin just needs a couple more months.

The gel foams up and washes off really well. Haven't noticed any issues with makeup removal, but I also haven't been using a toner lately since I stopped using everything and have been slowly adding back products to my skincare routine to ensure that I only use items that do not break me out. I have combination skin (very oily t-zone, usually), and I have not noticed this wash drying me out as some others have mentioned. Actually, my t-zone has not been as oily as normal lately... more like an acceptable level of glow. :) I use it in combination with my Clarisonic at night but just with scrubby gloves in the morning, and my skin has never felt softer or smoother. Hope they never stop making this, or I'll have to track down the ingredients and make my own!

Just a couple comments on packaging. It's a flip-top with a somewhat large hole in the lid, which makes it prone to oozing out upon opening. This hasn't been a major issue for me. I have transfered some of it to a different container for shower use, but I still use the original packaging for evening use.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Alyssa3424

I have mixed feeling about this product. Yes, it takes all makeup off in one use, yes my skin is clean, soft, and acne free, but it dries it out like crazy! This would be a good product for someone who has very oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by marvelousred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

I bought this product a couple weeks ago because I needed a pretty mild cleanser since I'm on some pretty strong acne medicine. It sounded good, since it's for sensitive skin and "simple". The first time I used it, it was ok. It took off all my makeup and my skin felt clean, although it was pretty drying. But after a week or so of using it, my skin started breaking out terribly. I didn't realize it was this product until I started reading the reviews. So....yeah I will be discontinuing use. Not recommended. It wasn't a great product to begin with and this was the deal breaker.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by jingwen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this at they gym. Something to remove my makeup with before hitting the treadmill. It does the cleansing well enough, but the skin feels a little tight. Its a basic cleanser. I will move on to something else after this.