July 24, 2014 | 1945 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by FieryHairAndAttitude

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have edited this review so may times that I had to start completely over. I have dry, somewhat sensitive skin. I previously used Purity cleanser and that's my HG so far. Simple doesn't clean deeply enough because I noticed blackheads on my nose, some red bumps on my hair line, and one BIG zit. Also it dried my skin without me even realizing it, so my skin way over-produced oil. Then I realized I had a few uses left of Purity, so I used that for several days and my skin is 100% perfect again. I think this would work better for someone with oily skin. But I will still use this sometimes. Next I'm trying a Kiss My Face Olive and Green Tea bar, wish me luck!

I almost forgot, the gel will ooze into the lid and then onto whatever surface it's on, so it could make a small mess. You have to be so careful when you get some out. This doesn't have a scent, which I like. The consistency is a bit thick, I may have liked it more if it weren't like Jell-O. The price is good, I got it on sale for 4 or 5 dollars. But it might work for you, so give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by paulineann97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really liked this cleanser. I have acne prone skin and i always have break outs, and i found this helped with settling them down while also making my skin VERY soft. i was sad when i went to buy it again and the store i went to didn't have it, so i got the regular wash i thought would do the same. it didn't and now i have none of this gel. i really liked it though and its GREAT for sensitive skin

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate this cleanser. It didn't remove makeup or foam up. Felt thick & clogged my pores. I threw it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by keahi85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this cleanser! I have incredibly sensitive skin, everything breaks me out. I purchased this and the Cetaphil foam wash. On 6/22/13, I used the Cetaphil foam wash, and after two uses, it broke me out with a cluster of FIVE nasty cystic acne spots on my chin. It's taken 3 weeks plus a two week course of minocycline to finally clear it up and begin the healing process.

Anyway! There is a silver lining to the story, because after noticing the cystic acne forming after just two uses, I promptly switched to the Simple gel wash on 6/23/13. Best decision ever. Even though I had Mount Vesuvius on my chin, the rest of my face began to clear up remarkably within just a few days. For me, that's nothing short of a miracle. My face has always been riddled with comedones and 3-5 zits, plus a few red marks from healing acne at any given time. I can definitely say my skin has never looked better, it's beginning to take on that coveted "glow" and even tone. Still not 100% clear, but given the results I've seen so far, I have no doubt my skin just needs a couple more months.

The gel foams up and washes off really well. Haven't noticed any issues with makeup removal, but I also haven't been using a toner lately since I stopped using everything and have been slowly adding back products to my skincare routine to ensure that I only use items that do not break me out. I have combination skin (very oily t-zone, usually), and I have not noticed this wash drying me out as some others have mentioned. Actually, my t-zone has not been as oily as normal lately... more like an acceptable level of glow. :) I use it in combination with my Clarisonic at night but just with scrubby gloves in the morning, and my skin has never felt softer or smoother. Hope they never stop making this, or I'll have to track down the ingredients and make my own!

Just a couple comments on packaging. It's a flip-top with a somewhat large hole in the lid, which makes it prone to oozing out upon opening. This hasn't been a major issue for me. I have transfered some of it to a different container for shower use, but I still use the original packaging for evening use.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Alyssa3424

I have mixed feeling about this product. Yes, it takes all makeup off in one use, yes my skin is clean, soft, and acne free, but it dries it out like crazy! This would be a good product for someone who has very oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by marvelousred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

I bought this product a couple weeks ago because I needed a pretty mild cleanser since I'm on some pretty strong acne medicine. It sounded good, since it's for sensitive skin and "simple". The first time I used it, it was ok. It took off all my makeup and my skin felt clean, although it was pretty drying. But after a week or so of using it, my skin started breaking out terribly. I didn't realize it was this product until I started reading the reviews. So....yeah I will be discontinuing use. Not recommended. It wasn't a great product to begin with and this was the deal breaker.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by jingwen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this at they gym. Something to remove my makeup with before hitting the treadmill. It does the cleansing well enough, but the skin feels a little tight. Its a basic cleanser. I will move on to something else after this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is ok, it removes makeup well and makes my skin clean and soft. It has never irritated my skin. I think it's perfect for sensitive skin. It foams up well and is refreshing. My only issue would be that it does not wash off as easily as other foam or liquid cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by EllieDavionte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the best cleansers I have ever used - makes my skin so soft and nice! I found a little goes a long way with this product, so a bottle lasted me a long long time. I have sensitive skin and it wasn't irritated by using this cleanser at all. It does have a nice smell (despite being perfume free) so I like using it in that regard. I can't seem to get this anymore where I live, but I would recommend this to anyone who has sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by MdeJong30

So I started using this cleanser about 4 weeks ago. At first I loved loved LOVED the cleanser! It helped my oily skin, it was a great price, and it just made my skin feel lovely. BUT as time wore on, I started to get big red acne spots all over my face in places I have never broken out before. Also, my acne is mostly skin colored bumps and maybe, MAYBE a whitehead every once in a while, but I never get big red pimples! I kept using it thinking it was maybe a reaction to a new medication I had been taking for over a month but then I read some reviews and other people experienced the same thing! So I promptly threw it out this morning and switched back to Neutrogena. Overall, this cleanser made me break out so I probably will never purchase it again! And to put the cherry on top of the already horrible cake, I had to graduate last night with a broken out face! I hope the effects of this cleanser clears up before my university's summer welcome!