Simple Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

3.8

Water (aqua), cocamidopropyl betaine, propylene glycol, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, panthenol, disodium EDTA, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate.

on 10/29/2013 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this face wash at night for a few months now and I love it! It is very gentle to my skin and I love that it doesn't break me out. I have switched to other face washes but always find myself coming back to this one because it is so gentle! I have repurchased this and will continue to!

on 10/25/2013 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Loved it. Bought it two weeks back, and have to admit, it has already impressed me. Does not leave skin dry. Nothing fancy, but really does its job well.. :).. Would repurchase definitely..

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've been using this for a few weeks, and am not very pleased with it. I'm always looking for fragrance free, soap free cleansers. This seemed right up my alley. As others have mentioned, it has a very odd slimy texture. Doesn't foam up easily, or rinse off quickly enough. I though I could get passed that since it doesn't make my skin red or too dry, but eventually I started noticing I was breaking out. I normally use an oil cleanser to take off my make up and then follow with this cleanser. That's fine, no problems because the oil cleanser gets everything off. But, on days where I wore no makeup, and just used this cleanser, I would swipe my face with toner after and it would still come off a little dirty. No wonder I was breaking out. I'm going back to my free & clear liquid cleanser. No soap, no fragrance, better texture, rinses clean, and it comes in a pump bottle. This ones going in the trash.

on 9/7/2013 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is my HG face wash, & I hate to use those letters lightly, but I've repurchased this product so many times already I feel it's about time I share my love to the world. The main reason I bought this was to avoid the sodium laurel sulfate that's in just about everything. The texture is definitely slimy but it foams up quite nicely (I use a foaming net) and it cleans really well IMO. I find that it can be a bit drying at times (Fall/Winter) so I combine it with the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, I use them both on those silicone scrublets you can get with the L'oreal 360 cleansers. The whole combination & method has worked really well for me. I wear foundation on pretty much a daily basis, I use Pond's cold cream to emulsify the makeup & a makeup wipe to remove it, then I clean off the rest with this stuff. It works so I love it for that!

*June 2014* Edit: I've also mixed this with Pond's Luminous Clean Cream Cleanser, and the two make some of the bounciest creamy dense foam I've ever experienced with a foaming net :). Now that it's summer, I've mixed this with a bit of Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask(contains a little menthol that cools my skin) since my skin is now a little oily and it's hotter. Plus, I was breaking out from the stress of finals, work and just hot stupid weather, but this has been helping me out. Hope it helps someone else out there!! :D

on 8/30/2013 6:37:00 AM

Gave this a try due to Paula's rec, and while it cleans well enough, is free of colour and perfume, and is really cheap, I can't say I'd repurchase. Mostly I don't like the, as someone else said, "viscosity." It's a bit thick for a gel and I feel like I'm just sliding it around on the surface of my skin, rather than actually cleaning. It does break down eventually and clean, but I don't like that slimy feeling and the time spent rubbing to break it down. I've tried using less product, but the issue remains. Gave it a 3 because it works - eventually.

EDIT: downgrading to 2 lippies as this struggles with mascara. So, it's slimy and doesn't even clean well enough. (I had been using tubing mascara which comes off with warm water, so didn't notice problems with cleansing. But with regular non-waterproof mascara, this left a smudge below my lower lashes.)

on 8/29/2013 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I love this cleanser. I have extremely oily skin, but it's also extremely sensitive. I just turned 30, so no more bad breakouts, but I do get my "time o the month" pimples ever so often.
I was using Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel, but that was a bit much, Price wise and it dried me out like crazy. This cleanser is crazy affordable.
This cleanser is just right. I love how it foams up just enough, not too much. I kinda like the viscosity of it, It's a bit thick so I feel like when i rinse it off, the dirt and oil and makeup are stuck to the cleanser. It takes my makeup right off. Then again I don't use a lot of makeup, but it takes off eyeshadow and mascara.
I also don't have to use that much oil free moisturizer afterwards. I gotta say, my skin looks radiant and smooth. People think I have on a face full of foundation and I don't.
I hate the packaging, though. This stuff will squirt and run out like crazy if you're not reeeaaallly careful with it.
I am confused about some of the people that are complaining about it not treating their acne. It doesn't claim to do that on the packaging. It says its a gentle cleanser, and that's exactly what it is.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13 naturally, N20-25 from a bottle : ) Gray eyes. Color season is True Summer.

Surprisingly, I liked this drugstore face wash. I used it both to wash my face and to remove make up. It worked very well as a 1 step process, and when I massage it into my skin and eyes for about 20 seconds, I find it does dissolve my make up and remove it very well without leaving my skin feeling as dry as alot of good one-step cleansers, such as Philosophy Purity. I think I will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have edited this review so may times that I had to start completely over. I have dry, somewhat sensitive skin. I previously used Purity cleanser and that's my HG so far. Simple doesn't clean deeply enough because I noticed blackheads on my nose, some red bumps on my hair line, and one BIG zit. Also it dried my skin without me even realizing it, so my skin way over-produced oil. Then I realized I had a few uses left of Purity, so I used that for several days and my skin is 100% perfect again. I think this would work better for someone with oily skin. But I will still use this sometimes. Next I'm trying a Kiss My Face Olive and Green Tea bar, wish me luck!

I almost forgot, the gel will ooze into the lid and then onto whatever surface it's on, so it could make a small mess. You have to be so careful when you get some out. This doesn't have a scent, which I like. The consistency is a bit thick, I may have liked it more if it weren't like Jell-O. The price is good, I got it on sale for 4 or 5 dollars. But it might work for you, so give it a try.

on 7/29/2013 12:01:00 AM

I really liked this cleanser. I have acne prone skin and i always have break outs, and i found this helped with settling them down while also making my skin VERY soft. i was sad when i went to buy it again and the store i went to didn't have it, so i got the regular wash i thought would do the same. it didn't and now i have none of this gel. i really liked it though and its GREAT for sensitive skin

on 7/27/2013 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I hate this cleanser. It didn't remove makeup or foam up. Felt thick & clogged my pores. I threw it away.