Dior Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

3.8

on 5/16/2013 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this twice but I wouldn't buy it again. It gets clumpy and like the YSL faux cils, it gets better as it starts to dry cause then it doesn't clump up. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect mascara!

on 4/27/2013 5:41:00 PM

I have straight stubborn Asian eye lashes that certainly need the extra "ompf". Unfortunately, this mascara does not quite do it.

As many Dior mascaras, this one also has a heavy formula. The first time I used it, I noticed that the formula is quite wet as well, making my lashes (after curling) to fall straight down. I stopped using it for a while, and after it dried a bit (all the Dior mascaras I have used seem to dry out quite fast), it is easier to handle.

But, I cannot make the mascara quite work for my advantage. But I think it is more the wand than the formula. I thought it was a shame to let this expensive mascara just dry out without using it. So I started to apply the mascara with an eye lash comb (a tip from gossmakeupartist on YouTube). When I apply it with the eye lash comb, it works quite well. It separates the lashes and I get a noticeable length. It can also build up to create more volume. So for me, the wand does not work at all. It is too big, leaves too much heavy mascara on the lashes and creates clumps.

I will not purchase this again, as it is too much of a hassle to make this mascara work for me. There are also other types of mascaras that work better on my straight and stubborn Asian eye lashes.

on 2/28/2013 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite mascaras. It gives a great volume and lenght, separates lashes, does not stain, does not flake off. Lashes look defined, bright. It could give some little more curve to be the perfect mascara.

on 2/17/2013 12:06:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product! I saw it on a friend and looked at it longingly in Sephora for awhile before buying it. After using it awhile....

Meh! It's a decent primer. I don't think it does a whole lot of good. The saleswoman said she put it on at night to condition her lashes. However, I figured at that price I really wasn't looking for an eyelash conditioner, and was looking for a great mascara primer. Maybe it makes my mascara stay on longer? Maybe it makes my lashes a tad more volumized?

I'm certainly not as blown away as I'd hoped to be for the price!

on 1/31/2013 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Best mascara ever. I've gone through four already.

Easy to build up to get that dramatic effect, lifts eye lashes and holds the curl, never gives me panda eyes unlike Dior New Look mascara. Doesn't flake even after long time.

I DO think application requires skills, hence the negative reviews.

on 1/2/2013 12:28:00 PM

The only thing I didn't like about it, that there is too much mascara left on the brush when you pull it out. The consultant advised to wipe the brush with a tissue every time I use it, but I pay for a high end product to not waste it like that.
Anyway the mascara does what it promises. You can try it to find out if it works for you. For my long and very thin lashes it wasn't the best as it glued a few lashes together in a sort of bunches.

I got given a perfume last christmas that had a sample of this product. After wearing it over a few weeks, every time I got compliments!

I don't have the longest of lashes, and have never received compliments on my eyelashes before! I do have some natural curl to my lashes anyway, so am unsure about the 'it doesn't curl' like the other girls said. But I'm one for length rather than curl so I loved it.

although in australia this stuff is EXPENSIVE I still buy it. it doesn't flake off (i found most cheaper brands, ALWAYS did). not hard to wash off, and i'm still getting so many compliments.

Only reason why i didn't give it 5 out of 5 is because I do find it just doesn't last long enough for the money. I'd say 2 months at the most before it goes yucky. Although this still won't stop me from buying it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I think Dior Extase is my all-in-one perfect mascara. I am a huge fan of Diorshow mascara. In the past, I would buy the original Diorshow and the Dior Blackout mascaras and use them together to get the look I wanted. Now with Extase, I can have it all in one mascara.

If you want intensity, drama and a dramatic look, then this is the mascara for you. What I really like about this is that it doesn't tend to dry out like the original Diorshow. It also doesn't clump and the wand helps for a smooth application and great coverage. You get increased volume and thickness, length, curl and intense color all in one application.

I did try a sample of the Givenchy Noir Couture 4 in 1 mascara with my beauty insider points at Sephora. I think it's very close to Extase. I did have more trouble with the wand when it came to applying the product. But the look was very much the same kind of intense dramatic one that I love. I still prefer Extase, but these two are very close and will give the desired effect. Price is not an issue, because if you are willing to pay $28.50 for Extase, then paying $32.00 for Noir Couture is not a stretch.

I sometimes feel guilty paying this kind of money for a product that only last for three or four months. But when I see the effect that it creates, then I just think of it as one of my little indulgences.

on 11/15/2012 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Just when I thought I could not love a mascara more than Dior's Black Out, I tried Extase. Then I tried them together. Extase with Black Out layered on top = over the top, thick black lashes. My dynamic duo when I want my eyes to do the all the talking.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this through Birchbox a few months ago, and I love it. It applies so well, and it doesn't clump on me. It defines my lashes nicely, and gives it a nice volume. You can do a coat for the daytime, and it will give you beautiful lashes without too much drama. It makes my lashes light and feathery! Two-three coats will give you gorgeous dramatic lashes. I would very much recommend this product. Expensive, but so good.

Popular Mascaras