Dior Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

3.8

on 2/28/2013 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite mascaras. It gives a great volume and lenght, separates lashes, does not stain, does not flake off. Lashes look defined, bright. It could give some little more curve to be the perfect mascara.

on 2/17/2013 12:06:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product! I saw it on a friend and looked at it longingly in Sephora for awhile before buying it. After using it awhile....

Meh! It's a decent primer. I don't think it does a whole lot of good. The saleswoman said she put it on at night to condition her lashes. However, I figured at that price I really wasn't looking for an eyelash conditioner, and was looking for a great mascara primer. Maybe it makes my mascara stay on longer? Maybe it makes my lashes a tad more volumized?

I'm certainly not as blown away as I'd hoped to be for the price!

on 1/31/2013 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Best mascara ever. I've gone through four already.

Easy to build up to get that dramatic effect, lifts eye lashes and holds the curl, never gives me panda eyes unlike Dior New Look mascara. Doesn't flake even after long time.

I DO think application requires skills, hence the negative reviews.

on 1/2/2013 12:28:00 PM

The only thing I didn't like about it, that there is too much mascara left on the brush when you pull it out. The consultant advised to wipe the brush with a tissue every time I use it, but I pay for a high end product to not waste it like that.
Anyway the mascara does what it promises. You can try it to find out if it works for you. For my long and very thin lashes it wasn't the best as it glued a few lashes together in a sort of bunches.

I got given a perfume last christmas that had a sample of this product. After wearing it over a few weeks, every time I got compliments!

I don't have the longest of lashes, and have never received compliments on my eyelashes before! I do have some natural curl to my lashes anyway, so am unsure about the 'it doesn't curl' like the other girls said. But I'm one for length rather than curl so I loved it.

although in australia this stuff is EXPENSIVE I still buy it. it doesn't flake off (i found most cheaper brands, ALWAYS did). not hard to wash off, and i'm still getting so many compliments.

Only reason why i didn't give it 5 out of 5 is because I do find it just doesn't last long enough for the money. I'd say 2 months at the most before it goes yucky. Although this still won't stop me from buying it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I think Dior Extase is my all-in-one perfect mascara. I am a huge fan of Diorshow mascara. In the past, I would buy the original Diorshow and the Dior Blackout mascaras and use them together to get the look I wanted. Now with Extase, I can have it all in one mascara.

If you want intensity, drama and a dramatic look, then this is the mascara for you. What I really like about this is that it doesn't tend to dry out like the original Diorshow. It also doesn't clump and the wand helps for a smooth application and great coverage. You get increased volume and thickness, length, curl and intense color all in one application.

I did try a sample of the Givenchy Noir Couture 4 in 1 mascara with my beauty insider points at Sephora. I think it's very close to Extase. I did have more trouble with the wand when it came to applying the product. But the look was very much the same kind of intense dramatic one that I love. I still prefer Extase, but these two are very close and will give the desired effect. Price is not an issue, because if you are willing to pay $28.50 for Extase, then paying $32.00 for Noir Couture is not a stretch.

I sometimes feel guilty paying this kind of money for a product that only last for three or four months. But when I see the effect that it creates, then I just think of it as one of my little indulgences.

on 11/15/2012 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Just when I thought I could not love a mascara more than Dior's Black Out, I tried Extase. Then I tried them together. Extase with Black Out layered on top = over the top, thick black lashes. My dynamic duo when I want my eyes to do the all the talking.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this through Birchbox a few months ago, and I love it. It applies so well, and it doesn't clump on me. It defines my lashes nicely, and gives it a nice volume. You can do a coat for the daytime, and it will give you beautiful lashes without too much drama. It makes my lashes light and feathery! Two-three coats will give you gorgeous dramatic lashes. I would very much recommend this product. Expensive, but so good.

on 10/17/2012 1:39:00 AM

My favorite mascara. It looks 'va-va voom' and lasts all day, without flaking. Definitely makes eye lashes thicker and ensures they stand out. I like to use this as my special mascara, and not every day, as it's quite strong. Still searching for the perfect everyday version!

My only grumble is the price - close to $60 here, where I know its close to $30 in the US! You US ladies have it very good for makeup :)

on 10/16/2012 1:24:00 AM

Really loving this mascara. I've tried so many brands on the market and this one is one of my favourites. The last one I brand I had been using was Clinique high impact - which I still think is a fantastic mascara, but this one definitely gives more length and volume to my lashes. It has a very thick brush, which has never given me any problems with clumping during application.

The tube lasts quite a long time in comparison to other mascara's, (I've had my current one for about 6 months!). It rinses off easily when washing my face, so no need to scrum my eyes with makeup remover at the end of the day. It's build-able as well, so you can apply a few extra coats if you want some extra dramatic lashes. The biggest downside to this mascara is the price!