July 22, 2014 | 1264 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by GoodyGoody

The only thing I didn't like about it, that there is too much mascara left on the brush when you pull it out. The consultant advised to wipe the brush with a tissue every time I use it, but I pay for a high end product to not waste it like that.
Anyway the mascara does what it promises. You can try it to find out if it works for you. For my long and very thin lashes it wasn't the best as it glued a few lashes together in a sort of bunches.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by melaniediprose

I got given a perfume last christmas that had a sample of this product. After wearing it over a few weeks, every time I got compliments!

I don't have the longest of lashes, and have never received compliments on my eyelashes before! I do have some natural curl to my lashes anyway, so am unsure about the 'it doesn't curl' like the other girls said. But I'm one for length rather than curl so I loved it.

although in australia this stuff is EXPENSIVE I still buy it. it doesn't flake off (i found most cheaper brands, ALWAYS did). not hard to wash off, and i'm still getting so many compliments.

Only reason why i didn't give it 5 out of 5 is because I do find it just doesn't last long enough for the money. I'd say 2 months at the most before it goes yucky. Although this still won't stop me from buying it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think Dior Extase is my all-in-one perfect mascara. I am a huge fan of Diorshow mascara. In the past, I would buy the original Diorshow and the Dior Blackout mascaras and use them together to get the look I wanted. Now with Extase, I can have it all in one mascara.

If you want intensity, drama and a dramatic look, then this is the mascara for you. What I really like about this is that it doesn't tend to dry out like the original Diorshow. It also doesn't clump and the wand helps for a smooth application and great coverage. You get increased volume and thickness, length, curl and intense color all in one application.

I did try a sample of the Givenchy Noir Couture 4 in 1 mascara with my beauty insider points at Sephora. I think it's very close to Extase. I did have more trouble with the wand when it came to applying the product. But the look was very much the same kind of intense dramatic one that I love. I still prefer Extase, but these two are very close and will give the desired effect. Price is not an issue, because if you are willing to pay $28.50 for Extase, then paying $32.00 for Noir Couture is not a stretch.

I sometimes feel guilty paying this kind of money for a product that only last for three or four months. But when I see the effect that it creates, then I just think of it as one of my little indulgences.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just when I thought I could not love a mascara more than Dior's Black Out, I tried Extase. Then I tried them together. Extase with Black Out layered on top = over the top, thick black lashes. My dynamic duo when I want my eyes to do the all the talking.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

I got a sample of this through Birchbox a few months ago, and I love it. It applies so well, and it doesn't clump on me. It defines my lashes nicely, and gives it a nice volume. You can do a coat for the daytime, and it will give you beautiful lashes without too much drama. It makes my lashes light and feathery! Two-three coats will give you gorgeous dramatic lashes. I would very much recommend this product. Expensive, but so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by babyphat14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My favorite mascara. It looks 'va-va voom' and lasts all day, without flaking. Definitely makes eye lashes thicker and ensures they stand out. I like to use this as my special mascara, and not every day, as it's quite strong. Still searching for the perfect everyday version!

My only grumble is the price - close to $60 here, where I know its close to $30 in the US! You US ladies have it very good for makeup :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by ynnej

Really loving this mascara. I've tried so many brands on the market and this one is one of my favourites. The last one I brand I had been using was Clinique high impact - which I still think is a fantastic mascara, but this one definitely gives more length and volume to my lashes. It has a very thick brush, which has never given me any problems with clumping during application.

The tube lasts quite a long time in comparison to other mascara's, (I've had my current one for about 6 months!). It rinses off easily when washing my face, so no need to scrum my eyes with makeup remover at the end of the day. It's build-able as well, so you can apply a few extra coats if you want some extra dramatic lashes. The biggest downside to this mascara is the price!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by mLetitia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just brought it home yesterday with excited high hopes. Stuck my lashes together. So far Almay's intense i-color light feathery one for a natural look seems best. Still looking for the the perfect non-clump, no flake, not stiff volumizing pop mascara. L'Oreal's Voluminous is not perfect, but still better than this Dior.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by amikaur1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using Extase for almost two years now and I only have positive things to say about this mascara. I have found that with other mascaras, to get the full impact volume effect I have had to apply more product on my lashes, not to mention wasting more time in the morning putting it on, only to find that my mascara is wearing off by the late afternoon.
However, with Extase, you only need a couple of sweeps of mascara and literally within two minutes you will obtain fuller looking, longer, more volumised and sexier lashes, which will stay on for the majority of the day. Despite it being quite pricey, it is honestly worth it as it will last you around 6 months, if used daily and by then you will need to buy a new mascara anyways (for hygiene purposes).
I find that the brush glides on the product very evenly on to my lashes and the product does not have a 'gloopy' formula. The packaging is lovely too, sexy, shiny metalic silver. Big thumbs up to Dior Extase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by bebumeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara I have ever used. The combination of brush and formula make this mascara clump free and much easier to apply because of the tightly packed bristles. It gives me good length and a fanned out effect without the spidery look, which I personally don't like. I also like lancome hypnose and diorshow iconic, but I really think this is one step higher. It does not flake (possibly because the application is clump free) and it rarely smudges (maybe after 12 hours of wear). If I had to find a flaw with this mascara, it would probably be the price and the fact that I cannot remove it completely with hot water (it requires some make up remover to come off). I cannot comment on its curl holding power because my lashes have a natural curl to them.