October 22, 2014 | 1164 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2030 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Mariavardia

This foundation is the best natural looking foundation , 1 pump will do for medium coverage ! Everyone is shocked when I tell them I wear foundation then they ask me what foundation is this it looks so natural. It quite shiny and not matt which is a good thing as nobody has matt skin mostly people have shiny face therefore it looks more natural .

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Jeeze! I'm VERY torn about this foundation so I'll just start off with the good.

Personally, I think every foundation should come with a pump! Makes applying a lot less messy.

It's fairly lightweight so I can see myself wearing this in the summer without feeling like I'm wearing an industrial mask. Plus it's a wonderful canvas for my blush and eyeshadow.

Pretty much scent free.

The color Cappuccino is a perfect match for my skin. I'm an NW45 with red undertones.

Now the not so good.

So...whats up with this..."glitter"?? It isn't noticiable when you're applying this in your bathroom mirror but when you walk out and the sun hits you? I just don't know about this whole "Twilight" thing Revlon's got going on with this foundation. And don't get me started on any flash photography! It will make you at least 2 shades lighter! But that may be the price you pay for wearing HD foundation O_o

It's a bit of a pain to apply. I'm use to just using my fingers when applying foundation as to me your hands are they best makeup applicators. Not so much with this foundation. Maybe because this is silicon based but it's awful hard to blend with your fingers. Thankfully I never threw away my foundation brush!

All in all, I THINK this is a keeper. I'm going to keep at it because it does even out my skin tone and the weird "glitter" does enhance the blush/highlighter that I wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Logenbrook

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked it, but idk about to color of it, I'm somewhat pale and no matter how light the color I got it turned out very yellowish:/

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by GravityGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love LOVE this foundation.

I am older than Santa Claus. My mid-forties skin was changing to the point where my old stand-by, L'Oreal True Match became greasy and pore-clogging. I needed something new.

I am financially limited while I finish my education, so drugstore brands are my go-to, and often I am disappointed. Not so the case with Revlon's PhotoReady Makeup.

I am a swimmer so although I am Caucasian, my skin gets pretty dark during the summer. I purchased this foundation in Golden Beige and it made my skin appear flawless! It goes on light, but blends my uneven tones into a smooth finish. Yes, there is a bit of shimmer, but for my 40- something skin, that gave it the appearance of youth and luminosity.

I do find the foundation "sticks" better if I use a little finishing veil powder to "set" it.

And my face does not break out any more (which is an odd concern for a middle aged woman!)

All in all, LOVE this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Tiamik72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product I tidally because I had heard such good reviews of the Revlon Colorstay, but when I went to the drugstore, I was lead to this more from the packaging. Bad habit of mine. This foundation is nice/okay. It does have a shimmer to it, but has good coverage, but can look strange in some lighting. Overall covers any imperfections, and lasts almost all day. I feel like I did look good in pictures I took with this foundation. I almost feel like I might buy again for special occasion where I know I might be photographed, but not sure. Trying the Colorstay next though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by sandycee

Tried this last month.. I only used it for about 3x times and it started to break me out. Its so baddd! I like the finish and the wear time though. I wore the shade 003 shell. and oh, i HATE THE GLITTERS. If your a fan of the Colorstay just stick with that its much better. Even though it broke me out as well :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by mrsemmaburton

I honestly think this is the best foundation I have ever used...and for years and years, the only foundation I would wear was highend stuff. I have worn Makeup Forever HD and I'm not sure I think this is a dupe for it. MUF HD was kind of drying and looked a little chalky on my face and the Revlon Photoready has the most gorgeous luminous sheen and never looks dry. I apply it with a damp Beauty Blender and I am always amazed at how it just melts into my skin and covers every imperfection.
It lasts all day and it never rubs off, which is a huge thing for me! I wore BareMinerals and I love how their product looks when you first apply it, but whenever I would touch my face or give someone a hug, it would rub off and it never lasted.
I put a light dusting of BareMinerals Flawless Radiance over Photoready to set it and give me a golden glow. I usually apply it over St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer (the best ever) and E.L.F. Poreless Primer and spray it with the E.L.F. setting spray when I am finished. I also spray a little bit of the E.L.F. setting spray on my Beauty Blender and dab over the spots on my face that usually wrinkle or get unsettled: my forehead where I have a wrinkle, around my nostrils and my laugh lines (parenthesis.)
Overall, this is a really great product and it hasn't made me break out at all. I am prone to breakouts too, so I think that's saying something. Great product, great price (only $10 at Walmart) and beautiful results.
To see how it looks on my skin, visit my blog: http://www.inspireandinstyle.com/blog/2014/5/26/peachy-keen

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by aquaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

SO GLITTERY. It's fine if you are only wearing this inside or at night, but if you dare leave the house with this on while the sun is shining, you're going to look like a Twilight vampire. If that's the look you're going for, fine. I'm not a fan though. It was embarrassing when I was walking to class with a friend and she asked me why my face was so sparkly.

Glitter aside, this is a good foundation. It's pretty liquidy, but I had success applying it with both my fingers and a brush. I have this is 001 Ivory, which was a little too light and way too pink toned for me and made me look pretty ghostly, but I think the next shade up, 002 Vanilla, would have worked better for me. It does give a nice finish (in indoor lighting) - not dewy per se, but more satiny and makes your skin look illuminated. It has decent medium coverage. It isn't going to cover any major blemishes or hyperpigmentation, but it will blur everything out and even out the skin tone. I love that this foundation has a pump. That was the original reason why I purchased it - at the time (2012), it was one of the only drugstore foundations I saw with a pump.

If this foundation wasn't so glittery, I would probably like it a lot and would still use it, but unfortunately, the glitter is just so overpowering.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by laymin

The reason I bought this foundation because of the cheap price. It is only cost me for 20 dollars. However, I found that the foundation oxidized very fast. After putting on for an hour, my face turn to darker colour shade! I was in the air-con room which shouldn't make the foundation melt/oxidize faster than the hot sunny environment. I was shocked when seeing the result! The foundation colour oxidized to a darker shade which really embarrassing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by nellja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought last minute to get me through a wedding. I usually wear I20 light ivory in Shiseido products; got 'shell' in the Photoready. It was a bit pale in the photographs later, but this could have been my fault (colour choice). Still, coverage was even all through the night, it does stay on and doesn't move around. No unwanted shine. 4 for all this.

Didn't break out with one day's wear (expected to, with the spf), but got a few small ones after 2-3 consecutive days (using jojoba oil and gentle face wash to remove it). I think it'd be ok every now and then, really just for events.