November 23, 2014 | 1903 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2035 reviews)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by HelloMichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Talk about cakey AND sparkles. I THOUGHT that I liked this at first, it does indeed look good in pictures, but gosh darn it feels like frosting on my face. Not to mention it broke me out too. Not a great choice for those with oily skin, as the sparkle reaches a turning point of looking good in photos, but then you are a shiny mess. The pump is really nice though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Cindernella

This stuff made my pores look bigger

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by madneccy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay this is going to be a long review but a well thought out report of this foundation. I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. When I first purchased it in Medium Beige 004 I thought holy crap thats a looot of sparkle, and yes it is definitely noticeable. Now, here is why there are such conflicting reports on the sparkle issue: the sparkles are white/silver and in the lighter shades they blend with the pigment really well, being almost unnoticeble on fair-light skintones, however, once the colours get darker the sparkles contrast with the foundation's pigment and become more noticable on medium-dark skintones. I'm guessing the ladies reporting no issues with sparkles are lighter skinned and thus do not have the same obvious sparkles on their face as the darker skinned ladies. I myself am wheatish and can see the sparkle, especial on hot days, and for anyone who is going to be in close proximity to another person (think professional settings/relationships) its just plain embarassing to have your makeup look so obvious. However whenever I have been photographed with this foundation on, my skin looks so uniform and smooth and not sparkly at all, it really does create a photoready effect. Also, its lasts a looong time on my combo skin, I just need to blot once during the day. I don't like that the sparkles make the oil on my forehead stand out, or that its so sparkly but I love the medium to full coverage and the smoothing effect it has on skin. So, for something that has to be worn on a not-so-sunny day in a not-so-initmate or close up setting I definitely reach for this the most. It has never broken me out and the packaging is very nice and convenient. Try it, it will work for night events for sure. I've found the best way to use it is to shake it really well to distribute sparkles evenly and then apply in thin layers with downward strokes using your fingers, not a brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by alliemcintosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really wanting to love this. Way too sparkly, you look like a twilight vampire when you step outside... And if you have acne it totally draw attention to it. I find the foundation doesn't go on smoothly... I've tried a foundation brush, beauty blender, stipple brush, hands... No success. I purchased this at Walmart US for $10.97 and it will probably remain sitting in my cupboard. I think this product would be great for girls with clear skin looking for a boost, but us girls with acne and scarring this is NOT for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by itiselizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. It's such an easy everyday foundation to wear without putting in much effort. It's fragrance-free and very lightweight. You can apply it with a beauty blender, brush, or your fingers. It looks great either way. This is probably the best foundation for people with normal skin, although dry/combo/oily people can probably get away with it, they just need to do a little more work to make sure it works for them. If you have dry areas or flakes, it will accentuate it so exfoliate and moisturize well. If you have combo/oily skin, it won't last all day. My t-zone is oily and I needed to blot after about 4-5 hours. So make sure you use a good primer, powder, and setting spray. My biggest complaint is how when I smile, it will settle into my smile lines and the lines underneath my eyes. It says on the bottle that it has "complete coverage". I don't agree with that. It's definitely medium coverage. It's also NOT buildable! One layer looks beautiful, but if you try to layer, it will look cakey so beware. I loooove that it comes with a pump! Also, so many people complain about the glitter. I remember when I first bought it, it was night and I was outside the store under one of the parking lot lights and I squirted it out onto my hand and I was freaking out because of the glitter. The next morning I applied it and I saw no glitter on my face. I went to school and asked my friends if they saw glitter indoors and outdoors, and they said not at all. I believe the glitter is only detectable under very harsh artificial lighting. I have never once had a person tell me they see glitter on my face. This foundation does add luminosity which I like a lot, so the glitter is nothing to be concerned about in my opinion!:) It's perfect for an effortless, simple everyday foundation. I'd recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Mariavardia

This foundation is the best natural looking foundation , 1 pump will do for medium coverage ! Everyone is shocked when I tell them I wear foundation then they ask me what foundation is this it looks so natural. It quite shiny and not matt which is a good thing as nobody has matt skin mostly people have shiny face therefore it looks more natural .

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Jeeze! I'm VERY torn about this foundation so I'll just start off with the good.

Personally, I think every foundation should come with a pump! Makes applying a lot less messy.

It's fairly lightweight so I can see myself wearing this in the summer without feeling like I'm wearing an industrial mask. Plus it's a wonderful canvas for my blush and eyeshadow.

Pretty much scent free.

The color Cappuccino is a perfect match for my skin. I'm an NW45 with red undertones.

Now the not so good.

So...whats up with this..."glitter"?? It isn't noticiable when you're applying this in your bathroom mirror but when you walk out and the sun hits you? I just don't know about this whole "Twilight" thing Revlon's got going on with this foundation. And don't get me started on any flash photography! It will make you at least 2 shades lighter! But that may be the price you pay for wearing HD foundation O_o

It's a bit of a pain to apply. I'm use to just using my fingers when applying foundation as to me your hands are they best makeup applicators. Not so much with this foundation. Maybe because this is silicon based but it's awful hard to blend with your fingers. Thankfully I never threw away my foundation brush!

All in all, I THINK this is a keeper. I'm going to keep at it because it does even out my skin tone and the weird "glitter" does enhance the blush/highlighter that I wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Logenbrook

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked it, but idk about to color of it, I'm somewhat pale and no matter how light the color I got it turned out very yellowish:/

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by GravityGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love LOVE this foundation.

I am older than Santa Claus. My mid-forties skin was changing to the point where my old stand-by, L'Oreal True Match became greasy and pore-clogging. I needed something new.

I am financially limited while I finish my education, so drugstore brands are my go-to, and often I am disappointed. Not so the case with Revlon's PhotoReady Makeup.

I am a swimmer so although I am Caucasian, my skin gets pretty dark during the summer. I purchased this foundation in Golden Beige and it made my skin appear flawless! It goes on light, but blends my uneven tones into a smooth finish. Yes, there is a bit of shimmer, but for my 40- something skin, that gave it the appearance of youth and luminosity.

I do find the foundation "sticks" better if I use a little finishing veil powder to "set" it.

And my face does not break out any more (which is an odd concern for a middle aged woman!)

All in all, LOVE this stuff.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Tiamik72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product I tidally because I had heard such good reviews of the Revlon Colorstay, but when I went to the drugstore, I was lead to this more from the packaging. Bad habit of mine. This foundation is nice/okay. It does have a shimmer to it, but has good coverage, but can look strange in some lighting. Overall covers any imperfections, and lasts almost all day. I feel like I did look good in pictures I took with this foundation. I almost feel like I might buy again for special occasion where I know I might be photographed, but not sure. Trying the Colorstay next though.