October 25, 2014 | 862 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Sugarbomb

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by surrealreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love several of BeneFit's blush boxes, but for the life of me.... I can't figure out who is using Sugarbomb. And for WHAT???

About Me: Fair with warm yellow undertones (about an NC18 right now, only quite a bit more yellow toned).Hazel eyes that look blue in daylight. Natural brunette currently dyed aubergine purple with a lot of deep red and copper highlights.

Color: Has four individual colors, but really... that's just for looks. The triangles are too small to use with a blush brush (unless you have a small blush brush and you're really determined for some reason). So, blended together it's a pale peachy pink. It's semi-sheer, but somewhat buildable.

Finish: Similar to BeneFit's Coralista. More shimmery than MAC's satin blushes, but less shimmery than MAC's sheertone shimmer blushes or their frost blushes.

Texture: Perhaps not quite as soft or buttery as I'd like it to be (Coralista is a little better in that respect), but it's still pretty nice. Blends easily. No issues with the texture really :)

Wear Length: 5 hours with regular application (over foundation and setting powder with nothing on top of it). 8 hours with a light spritz of water or finishing spray on top.

Comparison: Based only on color and finish... not on texture/wear length.
BeneFit Coralista is darker and warmer toned.
MAC Dainty is darker and cooler toned.
NARS Deep Throat is considerably darker and just a tad cooler toned.
MAC Fleurry is very similar in tone, but darker and a little more shimmery.
MAC Redhead MSF (all colors swatched together) is a touch cooler toned (with more beige, less peach) and far more shimmery.
MAC By Candlelight MSF is a touch cooler toned (with more pink, less peach) and far more shimmery.

Packaging: I've never really cared for cardboard packaging. It just never lasts as long as plastic (especially if it accidentally gets wet). I think the style of these boxes is better than most cardboard packaging though.... they don't look high-end, but at least they don't look cheesy. The old style had a lid that lifted off with no mirror. The new style has a flip top lid with a mirror.... and less product. It's really no big deal though since the new style still gives you quite a lot of product.

Scent: All of BeneFit's blush boxes are scented and none of them seam to be the same. Subarbomb's scent is the sort of fragrance that I have trouble identifying.... it's sweet (but not vanilla/gourmand sweet), a little fruity, and a little floral. It's just such a perfumy/fake scent that it smells nothing like whatever it's supposed to smell like actually smells in real life. Still though... I find it kind of pleasant (and even if I didn't... it's going on my cheeks, so who cares). Those with sensitive skin might want to try before buying though.

OK.... so, the texture is fine, the wear length is fine.... why the one lippie rating? Well... when I tried it on, I couldn't even see it. As a general rule, you need to able to see blush (at least a little bit) for it to be deemed useful, so this is useless as a blush.... and I have fair skin (NC18ish). So, I'm wondering who on earth is using this as a blush? I suppose someone who's NC/NW 10 or above might be able to, but I'm not even sure about that. However, if it had less shimmer, it would probably work as a very subtle blush. I say that because it is a shade darker than my skintone, so theoretically it should add color, but the shimmer totally counteracts that (you know what I'm saying... if you have two eyeshadows of the same color, but one is shimmery and one isn't, the shimmery one will always appear lighter because it's reflecting light).

Even though it's less shimmery than even the most subtle highlighter I own, I decided to try using it that way. But again... it just blended into my skin. If it were lighter, it would probably kinda work.... but I doubt I'd like it (I find that pale highlighters with little shimmer just look ashy... even on my fair skin). What it really needs to be an effective highlighter for my skintone is a little more shimmer.

I then tried it on a few of my friends with darker skintones, thinking perhaps it'd work as a highlighter on them. I guess it kinda did... but I didn't particularly like the way it looked.
On my NW25ish friend, it was still a little too dark/not shimmery enough to really show up as a highlighter.
On my NC40ish friend, it was ok... and I stress ok. It showed up, but it looked a little ashy because of the lack of shimmer.
On my NC55ish friend, it looked very ashy and really unnatural.

Bottom Line: Clearly I'm missing something here 'cause a lot of people seam to love this.... but I just don't see why. Too light for most people to use as a blush. Not quite reflective enough for most people to use as a highlighter. It's just a weird in between area that I find completely useless.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by SuperGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this blush. It really doesn't look that exciting in the box, but it's the perfect natural flush with just a hint of shimmer. I love all of the Benefit boxed blushes, but this one is by far the one I use the most. They are a bit expensive at $28 each, but I feel like they're going to last quite a long time, since a little goes a long way with these in terms of pigmentation. Will definitely rebuy when necessary.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by jessface83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am NW35 and this blush doesn't show up on me at all. It looked so beautiful in the package but it does nothing for my skin except make it look ashy with a sheen. Lighter skinned girls, this would show up better and look beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Mulvernia

This blush gives my skin a lovely glow. I also love how i can choose one of the four colours to accentuate the apples of my cheeks.
The actual amount of product has decreased in the new packaging, and yet it is still being sold at the same price - this is something i am not a fan of.
I would say this blush lasts a good 4 hours on my skin - if i have been walking briskly however, i find that it wears off very easily.
The shimmer in this blush is quite strong, and very noticeable. Personally i like that, and despite this i still think it is a very wearable shade for most skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by NTran06

I absolutely love Sugarbomb. Gorgeous flush of color, not too much. Awesome blush to transition into spring & summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Review is from 20 year plus senior pro UK artist. I like the cutsy benefit packaging, not great for a pro, we can't lag loads of stuff. I have to depot most into palettes, but I keep a few intact for personal use, hoopla and coralalista.
Right, this is listed as a blusher? Users with medium or darker skin, in my opinion won't see much pigment, unless they are aiming for a really subtle glow, once again my pet grevience the SHIMMER, I don't touch any blushers with shimmer, they exagerate any skin imperfections or fine lines.
it is not widely unsimilar to Naras orgasm, minus orange hues. Each of the four colours could only really be used solo for eyes, as you won't get a blush or contour brush to master it

it's a nice highlight shade, but best for very young skins, shimmer will make any crows feet around the eye more obvious, so if you have them, avoid

Texture is fine I love the colours, if it seem pricey, remember there is far more product in benefit boxes that any other top brands, for personal use, they last a long time

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by LeenieXD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love Benefit box powders but honestly, I don't like this one because it has too much shimmer and not enough color. I do however, like this as a highlight but I have my High Beam for that! This also doesn't show up that much on my skin either because I have medium skin so anyone who's darker than me, this blush will not be very useful. Awesome product, just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by saveyourheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gives me the nicest glow! I love it. It's not over pigmented enough to make me look like a clown but it's just perfect

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

If i could rate this stuff 10 million lippies I would!!! One of the best blushes/highlighters that I have every tried! and let me tell you, I have tried quite a few high end blushes. This looks SO STUNNING on my pale skin. I'm not sure how it would look on other skin tones, but I have skin like a porcelain doll and this just lights up my whole face. It's really shimmery but it looks so naturally just amazing. Your whole face is glowing when you wear this. It lasts forever and this brush that is comes with is fantastic! I use it instead of a blush brush. BUY THIS STUFF RIGHT NOW. seriously. especially if you are pale like mwa.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by malibu64

This is a beautiful subtle blush. Your first application will be very sheer, and you can continue to build the color which I do. It has a slight shimmer to it, this isn't a matte blush. It is very light pink that is very natural looking, complements best a warm fair complexion which I have. Highly recommend if you are new to blush.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No