OPI nailpolish in Kennebunk-Port

4.6

on 7/18/2006 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this shade. It's a blue-based blood red that looks fantastic on my toes. I think it would look good on tips for that vampy look. It reminds me of my beloved Malaga Wine, but deeper. As usual for OPI great wear on my toes. I know this colour will look great for a couple of weeks before needing to change.

on 6/22/2006 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After much thought, I've decided to give Kennebunk-port a solid 4 lippies because 1) it's a gorgeous creme red for the right skin tone and preference and 2) it's an OPI polish so of course it holds up very well. I had Kennebunk-port years ago and thought it was the absolute perfect red but I left it in a hotel room on a trip. I thought it was lost to me forever until I saw it at Ulta recently. You can't imagine how excited I was to find my long lost Kennebunk-port so of course snatched up a bottle. Sadly, either my idea of the perfect red has changed or the color has been reformulated (not likely) because it just doesn't work for me anymore. Maybe it never really did but I just thought it did (more likely). My skintone is solidly neutral but Kennebunkport is just too bright and cool for me. I suspect Kennebunk-port's blue-based red doesn't flatter olive-toned skin with green veins, which is what I have. I can't wear this color by itself at all. I still love it though. I find OPI polishes very easy to apply--nice brush, a consistency that's not too thick or thin, and only two coats needed for great color--and they wear really well. My current perfect red is Lippmann Collection Sophisticated Lady, which is darker and warmer. I have light olive skin with yellow undertones (NC 20-25) and darkest brown hair/eyes.

on 6/6/2006 9:47:00 PM

ITEM DESCRIPTION:

Kennebunk-Port is a gorgeous classic red nailpolish in a creme finish. It's the colour of classic cars, nails wrapped around cigarette holders and elegant 1950's vixens. Wear it with vamp pride!

COST:

AU$19.95-AU$22.95 depending on place of purchase. Product is also available with trade discount from certain suppliers.

PROS:

- a stunning classic red, always well worth investing in.

- wears well if applied with correct top/base coat products.

CONS:

- like all OPI polishes, requires a bit finesse and technique. Unlike drugstore nailpolishes that have their own inbuilt topcoats and chip-skips, this is pure polish and requires at least one extra product to extend wear.

SUMMARY:

Every gal needs a classic creme red nailpolish - it's adult, elegant and a little bit vixenish. I highly recommend this colour. :)

Was this review helpful to you? Please click the 'yes' button below and let MUA know. :) continued >>

on 11/20/2005 1:12:00 AM

My perfect, favorite shade of red. 'Nuf said.

My favorite red! I don't tend to go for cremes too often, but this color was so absolutely gorgeous in the bottle, I had to get it!

It's a little on the thin side, so it took 3 coats to achieve full opacity. But the color is so pretty - a perfect classic red creme with high shine! At first I thought this shade might be a bit too cool-toned for my skin, which has yellow undertones, but it doesn't look wierd at all, it's actually flattering. Kennebunk-Port is pretty neutral, I'd say - cool and warm toned folks both can wear this shade.

Will definitely repurchase! continued >>

on 10/26/2004 4:54:00 PM

Gorgeous red! I literally did a double take when I first saw this color in my drugstore: "WHAT is that beautiful shade?" Reminds me a little of Essie Bordeaux, which has a special place in my heart. Also, like the reviewer below said, this is just a tinge lighter, brighter and redder than OPI's Malaga Wine (I have them both and can just barely tell the difference.) Very pretty on my cool PPP skin. Note: I usually change the polish on my toes every two weeks, but I kept this on for an extra week because I liked the color so much and because it was still PERFECT at two weeks- nary a chip. :)

on 6/20/2004 4:20:00 PM

Pretty color in bottle, and on nails. If you are a Bush admirer, how can you not buy Kennebunkport? ;-) I'm not one but the nail polish is fine.

Okay before I get the Republican girls sharpening their claws for me, this is a dark port that is true to the wine. My nails never last without a top coat, so with a dark color like this one, I recommend a top coat. I use Rapid Dry coat which gives my nail color an extra shine and lessens the chips.

on 11/22/2003 9:49:00 PM

This was a lil too cool-toned for my olive skin. Kennebunk-port is a deep wine color w/out shimmer. I think this would look stunning on girls w/ cool coloring. As for me, I found my HG non-shimmery red in Mat-adore Red. Good OPI quality, doesn't chip, goes on evenly. I wouldn't buy this again but it's still a good polish.

on 6/23/2003 6:56:00 AM

I didn't think I'd like this but I tried it anyway, thinking that I'd just take it off if it didn't work. I love it! It's a nice glossy red, and I never ever wear red on my toes. I think this may become one of my favorite colors.

on 3/31/2003 7:30:00 PM

My very favorite red!! Ever, I mean it just the right shade, not pearly, matte and has blue undertones that make it great with warm or cool colors! I wear it on my toes and my nails!!

Popular Polishes