September 2, 2014 | 1433 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by myrasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate how strong this is. It's literally irritating. I spray ONE spray on the back of my neck and my eyes begin to water & itch, my nose clogs up & there is NOTHING I can do to remove it. It's one of those you spray in the air & RUN through. I'm insecure about it too because I feel like others can detect how strong it is. Thumbs down.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells like House of Chanel, poured some of each of their existing perfumes into one bottle. Very strange, boring scent. I'm not sure how the name fits with the scent, maybe it means that there is a Chance, that someone will like it, but most wont. Other than that, it's expensive and the bottle is boring.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like my Chanel's. I do. As the years have progressed, each have held their place on my vanity, and at times, I've changed in my opinion of them. But this one has surprised me. Very much surprised me.
I'm surprised I didn't sneeze. Pepper. And more pepper. Throughout it's entire run. I know I'm not the only one that experienced this reaction. The first time, I thought, perhaps it's me, or the weather, or my chemicals, or whatever can change a scent on a person. But no, that's all I would ever smell. Each time I experienced Chance. Heavy pepper.
I like pepper in a perfume. As long as there are other notes that blend surreptitiously into the blend. But for me, apparently there is no chance of adding additional variety to this brew. It's a one spice dish that didn't work for me. On the up side, it did last for a good four hours or so.
Top Notes: Iris, Patchouli, Pineapple, Pink Pepper, Hiacynth.
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Lemon.
Base Notes: Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This is a great fragrance. It smells heavenly, to me. It's kind of expensive but a little goes a long way so it should last you a really long time. They say it is for younger perfume users but I think it is great for every woman who wants to smell beautiful and youthful.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by alaras

Definitely the EDP version is much smoother, softer and rich.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by CarmenCabezas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this perfume!!! It stays on forever and everyone compliments me on how great I smell whenever I put it on. Im currently on my third bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by sillage

My review is for Chance EDT, and I must agree with reviewer below when she says, "overwhelmingly spicy and peppery with a sharp citrus edge".

Notes, per Parfumo.net:
Top Notes: Pineapple, Hyacinth, Iris, Pink pepper
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Citruses
Base Notes: Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver

Notes, per Fragrantica: "There are pink pepper, lemon and pineapple in the top notes. The heart encompasses hyacinth, jasmine and iris, while the base is composed of amber, patchouli, vetiver and white musk."

I've had a small 1oz Chance EDT spray for a long time, and I've only used about 1/2 of it. I thought I'd give it a try again two days ago -- ugh, so sharp, spicy, thin, and *strong* -- even for an EDT. When it dries down, it gets more cohesive and blended, but there's still that pepper note that stays harsh and protrudes from the overall fragrance.

Many years ago, I came near a wonderful-smelling lady in the produce section of the grocery store -- and began trying to guess what her perfume was. I could tell it was a complex mixture -- with fruit & vanilla -- and I thought it might be Burberry Brit -- so I complimented & asked her perfume, and she said it was Chance. I don't know if she wore EDT or EDP, but it smelled very good on her. She got all flustered at my compliment and asked if she was wearing too much, and I had to assure her that she was not -- she smelled very good.

I'm wondering if the EDP might be smoother, richer, better-blended, and more pleasant than my EDT, but I haven't had a chance to try it. The only dept store in my town now carries just the pink flanker "Chance Eau Tendre", because apparently that sells the best around here, so they eliminated all but that one. No original Chance, no green Eau Fraiche. Matter of fact, when I asked for Chance EDP, the sales associate said "we have that!" and pointed to the pink Eau Tendre flanker -- she was clueless.

I noticed the last time I was in Sephora, that "Chance Eau Tendre" was on their best-seller shelf -- in 3rd or 4th place (following Flowerbomb, Light Blue, and possibly one other). No other Chanel was on their top-5 shelf. So I'm wondering if "Eau Tendre" might be Chanel's overall best-seller of the Chance trio now? "Eau Tendre" is soft & delicate (innocent -- like a geisha or ballerina, to me) and is definitely my own personal favorite of the Chance threesome (in spite of the great-smelling lady in the grocery store, who wore the original Chance).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

The initial strength of this fragrance put me off this, it is overwhelmingly spicy and peppery with a sharp citrus edge. For me this was one of those fragrances that give an instant headache. After a while though the dry down was much more pleasant and soft although a little boring. The fragrance description on Fragrantica says that pineapple is one of the top notes, and I can detect a very faint sickly sweetness like artificial candied pineapple, but for me this is eclipsed by the pink pepper. I have a large sample size of this and I wouldn't purchase a full size. It is not worth putting up with the initial strong spice notes to get to the very average floral heart of this fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely adore this scent, it's so, just..... PRETTY! However, for some reason it doesn't last long at all. 2-3 hours and I can't smell it anymore (I wear the EDP by the way) :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by omggimmenow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the second bottle of Chanel perfume I've purchased and am I glad I did! The perfume has a wonderful floral fragrance which isn't too over powering and has great staying power as it's a EDP. The notes of this perfume probably makes it more suitable as an evening perfume, but I love it so much that I've been wearing it during the day as well haha! The price isn't cheap but one spray is all you need! Everytime I wear this perfume someone is bound to give a nice compliment about how nice it smells. I've only got the small bottle but will definitely get the large one soon as I run out! :)