August 22, 2014 | 1870 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic Extreme (Waterproof)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Paigemuffin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara. It gives lashes a nice boost and volume but not too much. It makes my lashes noticeable and pretty but doesn't make it look like I'm wearing fakies. I don't have any problems with it clumping up, or running. I like it but think it gives the wrong impression through it's name "Diorshow Iconic Extreme". I don't find anything "Iconic" about it. =P
It does its job however and makes my lashes stand out a little more without having to use fake eyelashes. I mix it up between this and Koji's Dolly Wink Volume Mascara, but Diorshow Iconic Extreme has a permanent home in my makeup bag ^_^

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by FiendGirl138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, first of all I looove this mascara! But I use it as a basecoat UNDER other formulas. Its very black, and the formula is quite slick and thin compared to other DiorShow mascaras. It has a plastic spiney brush which is great for separation w/o clumps.
I generally don't use it alone even for daytime because its so black. And its a bit expensive for a product that's essentially just a base- so it only gets a 4 rating.
That being said, its amazing what a layer of Iconic will do under my other mascaras when I want full on drama. It thickens, lenghtens, volumizes, darkens and increases the staying power of every single brand I've used it under!
Plus, it keeps my thicker formulas from clumping up because instead of having to do multiple coats, I just do a quick swipe of Iconic and a quick swipe of the thicker stuff (right now its Lancome Hypnose Volume, YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils or Too Faced Size Queen- all of which start to clump when I do multiple coats).
Voila! Quick, clump free DRAMATIC lashes. Will not be without this even though its pricey b/c I can use less of my other brands and it also takes very little of the Iconic to get the job done. So for that reason its a good value for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2011 4:12:00 AM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm not impressed. It is not a mascara worth $28+tax. It gives "some" volume and length, a very natural look. It straighten my lashes if I don't blow dry the applicator a little bit before applying which is really annoying. However, it keeps the curled lashes in place and the glossy black look for over 14hrs, no smudging, no irritation, it got some credits for that (overall rating 3). There are lots mascara out that can do the same. Every time I use this, I feel like I am paying extra $15 for the brand "Dior" instead of the mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by nudistcolony

My HG mascara.
I use an eyelash curler beforehand and then apply and it makes my eyelashed CRAZY big!
The mascara also stays put throughout the whole day *and i use the non-waterproof one!*

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by sweetie123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So disappointed with this by mid morning had big black smudges above and below my eyes and had been nowhere near water! Rubbish!!! Do not waste your money

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Ciaobella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is not waterproof. I have a very active lifestyle and it always leaves smears under my eyes as opposed to other waterproof mascaras. It does hold curl somewhat well but doesn't separate my lashes the way that I'd expect it to. It seems to gather a few lashes in clumps giving apre spider look. It's easy to remove from lashes but a real pain to remove from under your eye when the waterproof functionality fails and your out-n-about. It will be a long while until I try Dior mascara again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Hyt831

Love love love this mascara! I can say that this is the only mascara I end up keeping after trying all other brands. I can't go a day without it! I heard many negative reviews on this mascara, but I don't seem to see anything wrong with it. It lengthens and thickens my mascara and keeps my curls up! When applied it does not clump up!!
I adore the packaging! Personally there is no cons to this mascara! I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by laiagmartin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really good mascara, I usually wear it when I know I have to be out during a long time and with no time to touch up my eyelashes. It's a stapler!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I normally use Max Factor Lash Extension Effect in Brown/Black so for my upcoming wedding I went to buy the same in waterproof, but found that they only make their waterproof formula in Black. Turns out all the major waterproof mascaras are only in Black. What is up with that? Anyway, I use the Max Factor because it lengthens, separates and curls - very natural, no thickening - and it contains no paraffin or 'petroleum distillates'. Well, after running from counter to counter trying to find a Brown Waterproof mascara I found this one. It claimed to do the same things as the MF and it had no paraffin or 'petroleum distillates' (unlike the one at Chanel) - hurray. And it delivers. It's gorgeous. It is natural and lovely and lasts all day. It's 22, so I'll only be using this when I really need waterproof because that's pretty pricey, but I've got my wedding day mascara - YAY!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by simplisticcindy

At first I really liked this mascara, but after awhile it was just average. I do like the fact that it washes off easily with your regular face wash, however for the price, it just doesn't do justice.