November 26, 2014 | 1733 users online

Pressed Powders - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Sculpting Powder Makeup SPF 10

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by dollirium

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fabulous mineral powder. I have both the beige praline and the sable rose to match my complexion perfectly. The finish is the best for a mineral powder foundation I have ever tried. Does not settle, cake, or flake, does not accentuate fine lines and pores and gives an incredible sheen. However, it's not perfect. When the strips are applied individually I find myself only using the unifiers. As the blushy/highlight/bronze strips don't do it for me as far as chalky color and too-shimmery factor. If this product was perfected with a more matte bronze shade and a good luminizer with more of a color range overall it would be perfect. However, on bare skin, when the colors are all swirled together it looks great when applied very sparingly for a no makeup makeup look. It is sheer and it does shine a bit after a few hours-Like another reviewer said it is worth it to blot often to maintain the beautiful finish.
My skin is not flawless so this is usually layered over TM and/or concealer. The brush is wonderful when you get used to it. The finely milled powder does turn loose in the compact, that big mirror makes no sense when it is perpetually covered in powder, this needs a breathable shield over the pan or something.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Despite giving this a high rating, because I can appreciate its quality, it doesn't work for me - I'm combo/oily and as such, I "glow" regardless. This powder looks nice on me for 2 hours tops, then I have to blot blot blot. Even with a mattifying primer underneath (not that I've found one that lives up to its claims - they're all rubbish in my book). I can understand that it works for other, but for me, this is a finishing powder - at $45 duty free, far too expensive for that usage. Combo/oily girls, don't waste your money unless you've found a way to control your oil - you'll find yourself gleaming like a brightly polished mirror in no time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by EllaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Quite expensive, but went on like velvet. It made my skin feel (and look) smooth and silky with a healthy glow. I am very fair with a lot of pink in my skin and cool undertones. The lightest shade, beige praline, was a perfect match for my skin without making me look yellow or orange.

I am not crazy about the brush that it comes with because the bristles are just a little coarse, but it works ok. I just keep another brush in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by whenuwakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin, lots of redness, acne scars, acne, enlarged pores.
I am also have strong yellow undertone.

I have the liquid foundation version of this in 30 and it is a tad too dark for me.
In powder foundation version(the one i am reviewing now), I have the lightest colour.
SA recommended the lightest one because as it mixes with oil it will get darker.

-------------------PROS-------------------
-It melts into your skin when you brush the powder on.
-can build coverage(sheer -> medium?)
-love the brush it comes with. You dont need another applicator to wear this powder.
-subtle shimmer results in NATURALl looking finish while covering blemishes

-------------------CONS-------------------
-I can wear this during colder days but I won't be able to, in summer.
I already have to blot 5 times a day when I wear this and have to touch up frequently.
But I'd rather touch up and blot a few times a day than accentuate large pores and fine lines with a matte finish foundation/powder.

-A lot of blushes I own have shimmers in them.
I have to be extremely light handed with those blushes when I wear this powder foundation. Otherwise, I'll look tooo shimmery....=p

-NOT YELLOW TONED. I need to wait until the color turns darker on me =p.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by cristina8

LOVE- I have never come across a sculpting face product or powder with such a natural YET luminous effect. It is very flattering and not FLAT, drying/ cakey. It truly feels like your skin is Nude. I find this Dior range amazing all around for- texture, finish and performance. I would definitely re purchase this again. It is great for touch ups, NO fall out and not messy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Blund

I actually use this as a bronzer. I bought golden caramel 04. I find it easy to use the colours separately with the enclosed brush. I find it to be a bit sparkly when all mixed together, as the highlighter has quite a bit of glitter in it. I only use the highlighter sparingly.

If I were to use it as a foundation my colour would be 032.

If you like mineral makeup this is the best one I've tried

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

I was intrigued when i saw an advert for this in a magazine and so decided to give it a go... Well i wish i hadn't :-( it wasn't as amazing as i thought it would be.

Good - nice concept and you do get a lovely light glow.

Bad - expensive, not a great variety of shades, too many similar products which are cheaper and do the same if not better job.

Would not buy again. Use now and again to add a glow but otherwise have abandoned!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by lilpea

Got this as a swap first then went and bought a different shade. The powder is beautiful and soft and gives good coverage. I do think the 3 colours are a bit of a gimmick as its not possible to really use them separately but after blending on the face it looks fine. The case is very luxe. I will probably buy up again when i have used these two up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Kristalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i THINK i would buy this product again, but this depends on how fast i go through the compact. it's quite expensive ($50.00) but then again i would buy Diorskin nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup SPF 10 again and it's $45.00..so not much of a price difference there.

for reference, i wear 021 linen in the Diorskin nude natural glow hydrating makeup spf 10 & for this compact i wear Beige Praline. when i swatched the color onto my hand at sephora, i mixed all 3 colors together and was appalled at the "shimmer". perhaps i was too heavy handed but did not see how sparkles could pass off as "nude & natural".

anyways, i couldn't get my mind off the product and went back to buy it a few days later lol. the first day, i tried it without any foundation under. all i had on was a light moisturizer. i do not have bad skin at all, just redness from old acne scars and this took a lottt of product in order to provide decent coverage. in other words, it is super sheer. upon my first few swipes, i could not even see the difference between the parts of my face in which i had makeup and the ones without

i kept on building coverage and was pleased to see that after a lottt of product on my face, it did not look cakey at all nor did it enhance the pores on my cheeks or nose. i added a bit of blush, cinema secrets concealer and was good to go!!

the next day, i used 1.2 pumps of diorskin nude liquid foundation (i usually use 2 pumps) on my face and applied makeup as usual. added a tiny bit of CS concealer and used this as a setting powder. flawless finish.. definitely a lot more natural looking with the setting powder on!!

so i will be using this as my setting powder as the primary use as it is the perfect pair to my diorskin nude liquid foundation. will update if anything else!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by mesosexy

I really like this powder! It made my skin look very natural with a hint of sheer coverge. I never had compliments on my skin until I started using this. I use this with the Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer and both product seemed to go very well with each other.When i wear my LM tinted moisturizer it made my face flat with one boring color but ever since i had this powder it made my face have more dimension while wearing the tinted moisturizer.My face now doesnt just look only flawless but radiant with a hint of shimmer but it all looks natural:D