October 1, 2014 | 1810 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - 100 Percent Pure - Fruit Pigmented Tinted Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by asininityy

Like the person below me, I bought this because it was on sale on Hautelook for 10 bucks. I have somewhat dark asian colored skin that is very yellow. I got this in peach bisque thinking it will be too light for me because of the picture of the models on the website but it's actually too dark.
The color matches my skintone somewhat on initial application but after an hour or so it will oxidize on the skin and turn orangey.
Even though it is a tinted moisturizer, i don't find it particularly moisturizing which is not a problem for me since I rarely need to use moisturizer in the first place. Instead, i find that this has a slight mattifying effect on my skin.
Since it can be hard to blend in, I like to squeeze about three quarters of a pump onto the back of my hand and then spray 2-3 spritzs of toner on top of it and blend to dilute. The lighter consistency that this gives the moisturizer allows me to blend it into my skin easier and i find that this solves the streaky problem, while sheering out the coverage even more.
Even though I dilute the product with toner before applying, it still helps to conceal some of the redness on my face as well as my dark circles. Not completely, but it does help tone everything down, and even my skin tone. I just wish it didn't turn so orange on the skin. So i have to be careful not to apply too much unless I want to turn into an oompa loompa in the middle of the day.
I like that it has UVA and UVB protection, and the packaging is awesome. Maybe I will try the white peach next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by cls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i only purchased this because it was on sale at hautelook for 10 bucks. i currently use 100% pure full coverage foundation, which i love, but my skin has been dry lately for some reason, so i thought the tinted moisturizer would be great. well.......it feels great. the packaging is a perfect 10! so cute and hygienic! the ingredients are great. it moisturizes. but........it offers absolutely ZERO coverage and it is slightly shiny. i know a tinted moisturizer isn't supposed to offer fulll coverage, but at least some coverage would be nice! i have experienced a few larger than normal blemishes since i have been using it the past week, but i have not pin pointed if it is exactly this. it is great to wear on the weekend, or if you need to run out to the store, or maybe to the beach because of the spf.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Ranna1994

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have dry, light-colored Asian skin with neutral undertones. I bought this in White Peach, which I feel is the right shade with respect to degree of "lightness" but it is extremely orange - to a very unnatural degree. I can't imagine anyone looking good with this color, despite their undertone. I was very disappointed as I really want to find all natural cosmetics.

It wasn't moisturizing enough for me to use without a moisturizer underneath, but this isn't odd as my skin is really dry (I ALWAYS also wear a sunblock regardless of what else I'm wearing).

I had some trouble with application at first since I'm used to applying tinted moisturizer with a sponge and it looked very streaky. It dries quickly, which adds to the streaking effect. It also did this if I used my fingers (which I hate). I finally figured out that it looked pretty good if I stippled it with the sponge, but it's not very buildable.

I did like the dispenser once I finally figured out how to use it. If it's not pumping, turn it upside down (with the lid still on!) and tap it gently/firmly on the carpet several times. Once I did that it worked perfectly.

I love the idea behind this company and would really like to support them. I am trying some of their other items and will leave reviews on those products as well.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by helyli

I brought this in the lightest shade, Creme, which still wasn't light enough for me. Although I sometimes do use a darker shade than my skintone, this particular tinted moisturizer has a tendency to turn orange. Because of this, depending on how it's applied, streaking can be a problem. The way I found was best is to use one of though beauty blender like sponges and wet it then squeeze out the water and then use that to "bounce" the moisturizer on my face. This way, the finish is even and glowing. Still, it's a bit too much trouble to go through for putting on a tinted moisturizer. My search continues.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ninac

Have yellow undertones and got this in White Peach, but it was still too dark for my skin. Did not have a smooth finish probably because the color is off? Reluctant to try Creme because the model looks practically white. Will try White Peach again this summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Vyzie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love how this moisturiser is like my skin colour but better. But it won't cover your blemishes. I also love the instant sun protection it gives - I would have to wait 15 minutes for a chemical sunblock to work. It has SPF 20 rating. It's made of pure fruits/ antioxidants. I like the fact it doesnt have dangerous chemicals in it. Only downside other than the price is that it could afford to be more moisturizing. Perhaps that is due to the zinc content (natural sunblock) which is 10%.

I am medium-fair with black hair and eyes (Asian). I got the peach bisque and topped it up with toffee concealer from same brand for my eyes. The concealer in peach bisque was too light for me. Both products are great!

If I have time, I'd put on a moisturiser first. Nothing beats the fact that you have instant sun protection if you are in rush. It's not shiny so I don't even need powder on it.

Living Nature's tinted moisturiser is more moisturising but didn't have much sun protection and was too shiny compared to this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I think this is a good product, but the color is deceiving. I am very fair, and the lightest. Shade, cream, is much darker than pictured on the website.
The texture is wonderful, looks like skin only, evens out the skin tone a bit and gives a little (or in my case, a lot of) colour. Previous reviews say that it it not moisturizing, so I applied pure shea butter underneath, and that was a perfect combination for smooth dewy skin with no shine, and no need for powder.
I wish it came in a lighter shade, as the marie veronique makes my skin flake. Any other natural spf tinted moisturizers out there? I will try mixing this with a heavy, greasy spf with white cast, that may work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT:: Suki's Tinted Moisturizer is FAR better than this one. Blends better with more coverage and more natural-looking. Won't buy this again.

okay, I added two more lippies because I've FINALLY found the best way to apply this (at least for my own face). I'm still not giving it full 5 lippies because the color selection is pretty bad (they have extremely orange tones to it & the palest shade isn't pale at all) and isn't moisturizing at all yet leaves my skin a bit shiny, but until I find a better alternative for tinted moisturizer with added SPF, I will repurchase. The packaging is awesome; you can see how much is left and you won't waste a drop because of the airless pump bottle. I find that the product by itself is VERY hard to blend into the skin, so I dilute it with a little bit of water and make it more fluid in consistency, which blends into the skin better. Diluting it with water makes the coverage weaker, but I can repeat this step again and again building up the coverage and my skin remains looking completely natural. (Do NOT try to build up without diluting.. it leaves horrible orange streak marks.. I highly recommend diluting it with water in your hand if you are planning to build up multiple layers).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by cassandrabecky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this!!! I purchased this in the lightest shade available (Creme) and have no issues with the color. The reason I love it so much is that it really allows my natural skin color to shine though and just gives it a great boost and glow. That's what a TM is really for right? I use a bit of concealer under my eyes and red spots and finish with a dusting of MAC prep&prime powder and my skin is feeling amazing! Natural, healthy and moisturized. You get a good amount for the price and the packaging is cute. I am very happy with all the 100 percent pure products I have tried and will continue with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by ellenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really love this tinted moisturizer. I first mosturize with my BWC daily facial lotion. I am fair with freckles blonde with green eyes so what I did is buy both colors of this; the white peach (light) and peach bisque (medium) and I mix the two together. I don't really have to use much. Then I then top it with a little blush and a tad bit of Laura Mercer translucent pressed powder for finishing and I am super happy with the look. I look healthy and not overly made up which is a good thing and if I happen to crash out watching t.v and don't wash my face I don't have to feel terribly guilty. I love the way it feels light and breathable on my face not like the department store or drug store make ups that feel like you have a layer of plastic on by the end of the day and in which many of them do with all the silicones.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No