October 1, 2014 | 1926 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am surprised how well this works for me. First, I bought this at the same time I bought NYX HD primer. I had to buy this online tho and so it cost me 3$ instead of 1$. Thats really no problem tho, it was still cheaper than the NYX at $8. At first I liked the NYX better than this . After I experimented more with it tho, I decided that for every day wear, this one is just as good maybe even a little better. The only reason I say better is that the NYX take a long time to dry and this doesnt. The NYX makes the colors more vibrant but for going to work, this works great. It holds all day for me with no creasing and does make the colors look better than if I wore none. You need very little of this so it will last a long time. The one thing I do not like is the packaging. The applicator sticks and is hard to get out of the tube and the doe foot is not really as soft as it needs to be. It doesnt spread it very well but I see that others on here say they use their fingers once applied. to me, if I use my fingers it doesnt seem to hold the color as well all day. Besides that it is great. I will repurchase even at the higher price I paid because no where close where I live carries it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I thought primers were a gimmick but couldn't keep my eyeshadow on for very long so decided to give this a try because of its price. To my surprise, it worked like a charm. My eyeshadow lasts and I also use it by itself at times just to highlight my eyelids. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by heather94

I LOVE this stuff! It works great on keeping eyeshadow on all day, but I mostly use it for a primer on my eyebrows! It keeps my eyebrows from smearing and holds them in place! I love this product I use it everyday, and I keep repurchasing it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by limoncandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This really helps to keep your eyeshadow on, but it does not enhance the color.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a pretty bad case of the "disappearing eye shadow." A lot more than the average person. So this stuff barely worked for me, but was better than nothing. It definitely helps with creasing if the shadow sticks around long enough.

I will be repurchasing just because it's $1 and I can use it if I have short errands or other less important times so I don't use up more expensive primers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Basically, I bought this primer to go with some cheapie L.A. Colors eyeshadows I bought at the Dollar Tree. I got two beautiful 12 color eyeshadow palettes for only a buck each. So, I didn't want to pay more for the primer than I paid for the shadow. Enter E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer in Sheer, which only costs $1.00 dollar a tube at Meijer! This stuff is brilliant. It makes the shadow last all day. It also makes it go on smoother and show up better. It's super easy to use. I simply smear some on with the doe foot applicator. Then I blend it in with my finger. I wait a minute for it to set, and then I'm in business.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by GillianRose

I absolutely love this product and would recommend this! Its price is reasonable for $1 with its small yet long lasting packaging. My eye makeup is able to keep up for at least 8 hours, which are basically school hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by lolo7652

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this product and I use it every day. It works wonders on keeping my eyeliner in place and you can't beat the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by allthingsnice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product, it even rivals the benefit eye primer, especially for the price! It is a staple for my make up bag, I use it every day to make sure my eye shadow or liner stays out, and it does make a difference to when I don't wear it. The only down side is that if you have dry skin it can look a bit patchy, but the solution to this is just moisturise thoroughly before applying! All in all a great product for great value. Highly recommend for beauty on a budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by LindseyK25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff workins amazing. I have super oily skin and I get creases in my eye shadow very easily. This stuff keeps that from happening practically all day even on the worse humid summer day.

My only complaint would be.. its super liquidy and doesnt last very long. But you only pay like a $1-$2 for a tube. I love the nude and the pearl