January 28, 2015 | 1878 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by gadgetgalz

No, no, this absolutely NOT a dupe of UDPP at all. It does have the similar consistency with UDPP but the quality is way too low for me. It's an okay product to practice your makeup on (although the colors will not be as vibrant as it should be with UDPP), but not for longer application. My eyeshadow creases like crazy after only a couple of hours and the colors fades much quicker, this never happened with UDPP ever.

Not gonna repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

Love it! For the price point it can't be beat. It works almost as well as UD or TF. It helps shadows last all day and keeps them from creasing. I dislike the doe foot applicator, a squeeze tube would be better. For $1, it's a great every day option.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works great! Doesn't blend well, but it works. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by abjp16

This is a good price but my lid broke but also there is not enough product in the package

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Maddie0582

Nice, everyday product. I save my better primer for special ocassions and use this one for work make up.
My eye shadow and my eyeliner look great all day, don't need any touch ups.
But - I need to mention, that I don't have oily lids and to be fair, I can get away without using primer at all - most my eyeshadows will still look ok at the end of the day (some creasing ocassionaly)
I need to test it on my mom, her eyelids are very oily.
Packaging is ok and I only need a little bit.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I haven't used any other eye primers so I can't really compare this to anything, but here's my review anyway ^-^. I do like this primer, however I don't feel that it does anything AMAZING for my eyeshadow (making it stay on really long, stopping creasing, etc). However, I do notice a difference when I wear this primer because it always makes my eyeshadow go on smoother and more pigmented. I do get creasing and some fading after awhile when I wear this, but that doesn't bother me that much because I don't usually wear much eyeshadow anyway. I also use this under my eyes as a concealer (not sure if that's strange? haha) but I feel as if it gives enough coverage to make my dark circles less noticeable and the texture is very thin so it's very comfortable to wear under the eyes. It may not be an amazing product but if you're on a budget then for $3 it's definitely worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by JerzeyBella

I have been using this eye lid primer for years now and it is perfect for my everyday look! I love it and you can't beat the price! Keeps my eyeshadow looking great for hours, can't go wrong!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by CandyClouds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good primer. It works well on my super oily eye lids and it is also very cheap. One thing I noticed is that it kind of stops working when you use up most of the packaging, probably because there is no enough product and that's the only reason why a gave it a 4 lipstick rating. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

This is a decent primer. It is not magic and can crease by the end of the day but I do notice my eyeshadow does last longer when I use this. I compared to my Primer potion and it held up well against it especailly for the price. At the end of my day both eyes still had shadow on them both had worn away a bit. The elf side did have some creasing which could easily be fixed by blending softly with your finger. For the price I think this is amazing. The fact that it was not a hot mess and still on the lids I was happy.
For going out or days I need my makeup to last I will stick to my primer potion but all other days I will use this. I have not tried the wet n wild one which I have heard good things about so I am not sure if that one may be better or not.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by shindiggity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and I normally use Urban Decay's Primer Potion. A friend of mine told me that she loves this ELF eyelid primer and that she considers it a dupe for the UD Primer Potion. So, of course, I had to try it! Let me just say that it really is not. The texture is a lot more watery than the UDPP and the performance is just not at all there. My waterproof mascara and/or my waterproof eyeliner even started to smudge and transfer after a few hours. If you're someone who is blessed with having normal or even dry skin, then maybe this will work for you. But, if you have oily to very-oily skin, stay away; it's not even worth getting for $1.