E.L.F. Studio Pressed Powder

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Boron Nitride, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 12/18/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Over my expectations!
This powder is very easy to work with, it's so pigmented and mattifying. For more coverage gently dab it on and then buff it in. I just lightly dust my shade ALMOND on my NC40 skin to set my foundation and it looks ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. A little bit goes a long way.
I just have to praise one shade,"Coco" the darkest shade in the range. It is absolutely amazing to use for contouring! It's matte, cool, and natural looking. A HOLY GRAIL!
I agree when many says the shades are lighter in the pan than on your face so be aware.
They've got yellow/neutral undertones. Packaging is sleek and practical, it also comes with a mirror and sponge which is OK for quick touch-ups but prefer to use it with a brush.
The powder is very soft so keep in mind that it might break easy, in the end when the powder is almost used up.
1 lippie gone due to the lasting powder both in the face and in the pan. I need to re-touch after a few hours and the powder is so soft and finely milled that I already hit the pan after 3 months. (I've been in Thailand, not working, used it maybe 2-3 times/week)
It's definitely a must have!
Update: I found a better setting powder, read my other reviews of the Milani multitasker. LOVE! I tried to contour with Milanis darker shade, but the shade doesn't come even close to the prefect shade from ELF "Coco", and I can't live without it!

on 11/5/2011 2:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i really like the packaging for the product, the powder it self is really nice to work with and goes on easily, but because i have combination skin, it can look a bit cakey on dry areas. but putting a little bit of moisturiser on before hand works out great! i have this in buff and im an nc30/35

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This product (in light) goes on with a strong orangey undertone so I hate that aspect.It does cover things on it's own and adds coverage over foundation but it sometimes continues to get more orange throughout the day .Sometimes I use this to add a little color on my very pale days but for the most part this item is a waste for me.Maybe in the darker shades it will not turn orange.
The pressed powder from the dollar line works almost as well without the orange color so I will be sticking with that one the next time I run out.

on 11/2/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this is the lightest shade which is porcelain , it's too light for me, I heard that this powder runs on the darker side but I need to get it one shade darker. Aside from that I actually do like it the coverage is actually better then what i had expected. It has medium coverage.

on 9/23/2011 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've repurchased this product several times. I buy this in caramel and it's one of the best powders I've used (I've tried bareminerals and a few store bought brands that are triple the price of this one). My only problem with this product is that it doesn't stay on as long as I'd like it to but then again I have oily skin and it's been quite humid lately where I live, Maybe if I use face primer it will stay better. I love the porcelain, smooth look my skin has when applied and it doesn't feel like I'm caking a ton of heavy makeup on. I apply this with the E.L.F. kabuki brush but recently bought their powder brush and works just as well (although kabuki seems to work better for me). Won't go back to any other powders!!

on 8/25/2011 1:19:00 PM

Excellent powder that has replaced my most expensive powder foundations. I've used them all, and I can't believe I found a $3 powder that is equal to my Dior powder foundation. I keep the puff they give you and use it for touch ups. I use a heavy sponge round (particularly the one that came in my Lancome powder foundation) for my initial application. Staying power is great, controls shine, and like I said it replaced my $60 compact. I have repurchased 5 times, and will certainly repurchase again. Great find!

on 8/12/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am light-medium complected and I decided to purchase the powder in the shade Porcelain. I did hear that the colors of the studio pressed powders are not true to what's shown on the E.L.F. website. Instead, they are darker than what's shown. And, this is why, I decided to purchase the light shade offered.

When I first put the powder on with my E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush, it makes my skin look naturally flawless. However, by the end of the day, I kept noticing my face looking orangey and somewhat darker in tone. And, this is due to the powder having oxidized on my face.

If the powder did not turn my face into an orangey-tan mess, I would have actually continued to use it. It has an absolutely smooth and silky texture, it blends well, and it actually helps with oil control as well. But, because this powder terribly oxidizes on the skin, I don't plan to ever revisit it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I use this pressed powder to set my ELF tinted moisturizer. I like the texture of this powder, very smooth and light and it does mattify my skin and gives a little bit of coverage however, it doesn't last as long as I would want it to be. A good product, but I think I'd stick with my MAC MSFN.

on 6/16/2011 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

qualities - it offers pretty good coverage, makes skin look smooth, did not irritate, did not cause breakouts.
flaws - the porcelain shade (supposed to be the lightest one but it's not light at all) is too dark for me, the puff thingy is useless.

on 5/3/2011 2:55:00 AM

I got this in porcelain it is the PERFECT match for NC25 girls in the liquid and NC30 in the powder. I got sick and tired of buying $30+ foundation every other month. This does the job, even better than MAC. Doesnt settle into fine lines or wrinkles, good staying power, covers beautifully, medium to full coverage, and it doesnt look like you have ANY makeup on...even if u pack it on!!! I lOVE THIS. Read this review and many others here: http://nc25makeuphq.blogspot.com/