July 29, 2014 | 1644 users online

Powder - E.L.F. - Studio Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I am light-medium complected and I decided to purchase the powder in the shade Porcelain. I did hear that the colors of the studio pressed powders are not true to what's shown on the E.L.F. website. Instead, they are darker than what's shown. And, this is why, I decided to purchase the light shade offered.

When I first put the powder on with my E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush, it makes my skin look naturally flawless. However, by the end of the day, I kept noticing my face looking orangey and somewhat darker in tone. And, this is due to the powder having oxidized on my face.

If the powder did not turn my face into an orangey-tan mess, I would have actually continued to use it. It has an absolutely smooth and silky texture, it blends well, and it actually helps with oil control as well. But, because this powder terribly oxidizes on the skin, I don't plan to ever revisit it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this pressed powder to set my ELF tinted moisturizer. I like the texture of this powder, very smooth and light and it does mattify my skin and gives a little bit of coverage however, it doesn't last as long as I would want it to be. A good product, but I think I'd stick with my MAC MSFN.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by nuttykitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

qualities - it offers pretty good coverage, makes skin look smooth, did not irritate, did not cause breakouts.
flaws - the porcelain shade (supposed to be the lightest one but it's not light at all) is too dark for me, the puff thingy is useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Rkhan715

I got this in porcelain it is the PERFECT match for NC25 girls in the liquid and NC30 in the powder. I got sick and tired of buying $30+ foundation every other month. This does the job, even better than MAC. Doesnt settle into fine lines or wrinkles, good staying power, covers beautifully, medium to full coverage, and it doesnt look like you have ANY makeup on...even if u pack it on!!! I lOVE THIS. Read this review and many others here: http://nc25makeuphq.blogspot.com/

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by nefertari786

I LOVE this powder! It is cheap and it does the job! I use it to set my foundation but in reality it has great coverage and works fine by itself (I don't use it by itself since it has no SPF but you can use it over a moisturizer with SPF in it if you like). I find it looks great when I apply it with the elf studio powder brush all over my face lightly and using the puff applicator it comes with to cover my t zone. It is also an excellent contouring powder since it is totally matte. I bought a shade 3x darker than my skin and use it for contouring. If buying it online be careful as the color does tend to look darker on the skin when applied so go for a lighter shade. I already restocked on this! It is excellent!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Maletin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this I was very skeptical, after swatching it on my hand, I was afraid that it was going to be one of those really cakey powders that is a pain to work with. But I was very wrong, once I applied it blended out like a dream and gave me the coverage I needed.

I am nc20 in MAC and I bought this in sand, which was a perfect match. It blends out really nice, and I can use either a kabuki brush with this or a regular large powder brush. I recently hit pan on it and I just bought a backup of it so I will never run out of it!
- For 3$ it is a bargain in my opinion.

I don’t really understand why everybody is complaining about the small amount this product have and how they hit pan after a few uses, because mine has lasted me about 4 months before I even started seeing the pan.
The only reason why it only gets 4 lippies is because it is kind of hard here in europe to get your hands on. It is only available online.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this doesnt offer any coverage though im not using it as a foundation. this just is a cheapo powder packaged really well. I find the the $1 elf clarifying powder works much more superior than this powder. Im pretty dissapointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great for the price! Although if I apply too much, my face will be a bit orangey. But I just use it on my nose, and forehead (problem areas) and it does my face well :) especially during the past summer with all of the sweat. As soon as I run out, I will be ordering more!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by andrienneliew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this overall a 4 because i absolutely hate the thin pad for this. But I LOVE how this works on me. I understand why this product is something you either love so much or hate very much if the shade isn't right for you. it has got decent coverage for the price of $3 (about $5 at my place after some handling fees through middle person. ELF doesnt ship to my place!) and caramel suits my face so well (got the right shade at first try, lucky me). not drying for someone with dehydrated face like mine. but i have since replaced the pathetic pad with my own ;p

overall, a really good buy if you get the right shade :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I've used this on a daily basis for about a month and I love it. Caramel is the perfect color for me when I have a slight summer tan. I reordered it in Sand which might be a bit lighter than my skintone but should still look good when my tan wears off.

I have a hard time finding powders I like and I absolutely love this. It provides really nice coverage without being cakey at all. I use the ELF flat-top powder brush and it applies just the right amount of coverage and buffs it on evenly.

I don't regret trying this powder and probably won't be switching to another brand anytime soon!!!