October 23, 2014 | 1073 users online

Powder - E.L.F. - Studio Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by mejicana25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've repurchased this product several times. I buy this in caramel and it's one of the best powders I've used (I've tried bareminerals and a few store bought brands that are triple the price of this one). My only problem with this product is that it doesn't stay on as long as I'd like it to but then again I have oily skin and it's been quite humid lately where I live, Maybe if I use face primer it will stay better. I love the porcelain, smooth look my skin has when applied and it doesn't feel like I'm caking a ton of heavy makeup on. I apply this with the E.L.F. kabuki brush but recently bought their powder brush and works just as well (although kabuki seems to work better for me). Won't go back to any other powders!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by toofaced

Excellent powder that has replaced my most expensive powder foundations. I've used them all, and I can't believe I found a $3 powder that is equal to my Dior powder foundation. I keep the puff they give you and use it for touch ups. I use a heavy sponge round (particularly the one that came in my Lancome powder foundation) for my initial application. Staying power is great, controls shine, and like I said it replaced my $60 compact. I have repurchased 5 times, and will certainly repurchase again. Great find!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I am light-medium complected and I decided to purchase the powder in the shade Porcelain. I did hear that the colors of the studio pressed powders are not true to what's shown on the E.L.F. website. Instead, they are darker than what's shown. And, this is why, I decided to purchase the light shade offered.

When I first put the powder on with my E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush, it makes my skin look naturally flawless. However, by the end of the day, I kept noticing my face looking orangey and somewhat darker in tone. And, this is due to the powder having oxidized on my face.

If the powder did not turn my face into an orangey-tan mess, I would have actually continued to use it. It has an absolutely smooth and silky texture, it blends well, and it actually helps with oil control as well. But, because this powder terribly oxidizes on the skin, I don't plan to ever revisit it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this pressed powder to set my ELF tinted moisturizer. I like the texture of this powder, very smooth and light and it does mattify my skin and gives a little bit of coverage however, it doesn't last as long as I would want it to be. A good product, but I think I'd stick with my MAC MSFN.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by nuttykitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

qualities - it offers pretty good coverage, makes skin look smooth, did not irritate, did not cause breakouts.
flaws - the porcelain shade (supposed to be the lightest one but it's not light at all) is too dark for me, the puff thingy is useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Rkhan715

I got this in porcelain it is the PERFECT match for NC25 girls in the liquid and NC30 in the powder. I got sick and tired of buying $30+ foundation every other month. This does the job, even better than MAC. Doesnt settle into fine lines or wrinkles, good staying power, covers beautifully, medium to full coverage, and it doesnt look like you have ANY makeup on...even if u pack it on!!! I lOVE THIS. Read this review and many others here: http://nc25makeuphq.blogspot.com/

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by nefertari786

I LOVE this powder! It is cheap and it does the job! I use it to set my foundation but in reality it has great coverage and works fine by itself (I don't use it by itself since it has no SPF but you can use it over a moisturizer with SPF in it if you like). I find it looks great when I apply it with the elf studio powder brush all over my face lightly and using the puff applicator it comes with to cover my t zone. It is also an excellent contouring powder since it is totally matte. I bought a shade 3x darker than my skin and use it for contouring. If buying it online be careful as the color does tend to look darker on the skin when applied so go for a lighter shade. I already restocked on this! It is excellent!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Maletin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this I was very skeptical, after swatching it on my hand, I was afraid that it was going to be one of those really cakey powders that is a pain to work with. But I was very wrong, once I applied it blended out like a dream and gave me the coverage I needed.

I am nc20 in MAC and I bought this in sand, which was a perfect match. It blends out really nice, and I can use either a kabuki brush with this or a regular large powder brush. I recently hit pan on it and I just bought a backup of it so I will never run out of it!
- For 3$ it is a bargain in my opinion.

I don’t really understand why everybody is complaining about the small amount this product have and how they hit pan after a few uses, because mine has lasted me about 4 months before I even started seeing the pan.
The only reason why it only gets 4 lippies is because it is kind of hard here in europe to get your hands on. It is only available online.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this doesnt offer any coverage though im not using it as a foundation. this just is a cheapo powder packaged really well. I find the the $1 elf clarifying powder works much more superior than this powder. Im pretty dissapointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great for the price! Although if I apply too much, my face will be a bit orangey. But I just use it on my nose, and forehead (problem areas) and it does my face well :) especially during the past summer with all of the sweat. As soon as I run out, I will be ordering more!