April 16, 2014 | 1970 users online

Stick - Shu Uemura - Nobara cream cover stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by mikmik90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So firstly, I love this product. I use it with the shu #18 brush (HG!). To make this review concise/clear, im just going to write up pros and cons.

Pros:
- Can be used as a concealer as opposed to a foundation (normally, that is how i use this)

- Medium/full coverage. You only need a tiny amount of product to get good coverage.

- Used with the shu #18 brush (thanks to the MUA'er that suggested this brush to me), it blends effortlessly due to its creamy texture.

-Dries to a satin finish. Not matte or caky, but not moist either.

- Very natural finish, provided that you use sparingly. I dab a little on my finger, then dab onto face, then blend with finger or #18 brush. The "stripe on forehead and cheeks and then blend" technique doesnt work for me, i feel like that is way too much product for my liking.

- Doesnt break me out- then again I dont consider myself breakout prone (moreso when i was younger, though).

- According to many others, this pictures very well. Ive only taken a few pictures recently so I cant really comment.

Cons:
- If you have any flaky patches at all, steer away. This really emphasizes flaky patches- luckily for me i dont really suffer with any.

- Colour selection is tricky, especially if you are cool/pink toned. They tones are *very* yellow (at least, on me). I had to mix 584 and 564 (500's are shu's neutral colours, but are still rather yellow) to get my exact match (im a NW20, for reference). I personally dont mind mixing but people looking for a quick foundation might find this bothersome.

- Application is a little tricky. You need to fiddle with it and find the best method for you. You cant just rub it into your skin like a moisturizer. For me, the finger dabbing technique works best because i want a little less coverage. If you stuff up the first and second application, keep trying/experimenting.

Overall, my HG foundation (tied with Armani Luminous silk, i love them both but for different reasons and different occasions). Pm me if anyone has questions :)

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by betsyab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG foundation. Before you think, "what? It's so thick!!" I tell you to buy a tube, take it home, and play with it yourself. Everytime I've let a makeup artist put this on me with a brush, my skin feels like it is suffocating. I look great, but suffocating. I'm a natural girl who often doesn't wear any make up at all on many days, but when I want to look polished I like to do it right. I put on this foundation by dabbing it only in the areas I need (think T zone plus reddish cheeks and chin) and then blend in with my fingers. PERFECT coverage, you cant' even see that I'm wearing anything at all it blends in that flawlessly.

I also have sensitive skin, and Shu foundations are the only ones I've ever been able to wear without any irritation.

Buy this, try it, just play with different applications yourself. I also think a sponge would be great to put it on and blend it in. You can put it on as thin or thick as you like. Love it!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Can't say I am a big fan of the new packaging but it's a little better than in the pan. I usually for spot treatment. It's not an everyday foundation. Most likely for special occasions and pictures. Very FLAWLESS when applied with the goat hair brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by ratmist

I love this product. Shu Uemura stopped making the cream foundation I had been using (Water Perfect Water-in cake Foundation), but I wasn't too upset when I saw the shades in this product are much more suited to my skintone.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging (that's the missing lippie). The stick-style feels pretty flimsy and the top doesn't stay on as well as I would've expected for a top brand. I'm not confident using it for traveling because sometimes I find the top comes off when it's in my bag; it has to sit in a makeup bag for me to be certain it'll hold or not get damaged. I travel a lot for business, so this cheap packaging really grates, especially for the price you pay. Also, I liked the compact because I could reapply and blend away with the sponge - can't do that as well with a stick, unless I just use my fingers, and that's not as hygienic (yes, I'm one of those girls who wash the sponge for hygiene). And no way to buy refills to save money- the compact lets you do that, but this won't. Boo.

On the plus side, it's so thick that I only need to use this where I need it. It's more like half foundation, half concealer, which I love. It's very creamy, easy to blend, and dries pretty quickly. Sometimes I dust with powder, but often I don't bother. It is a very natural finish and I love the formula.

It's so easy to get ready in the mornings because I don't need to use concealer with this. I just apply it with a good makeup brush to go where it's needed (redness or uneven T zone), slap on a tiny bit of lipgloss, and I'm good to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by helbeluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first experienced this during a Shu Uemura make-up session, where the MUA used it with a goat-hair brush for blending and to be fair, my skin did look *flawless*. However, it's most definitely on the heavy coverage side of things, which means it's too obvious for my liking on a day-to-day level.
So, I bought it and use it solely as a concealer, using a Body Shop concealer brush to blend. Occasionally (for a big evening) I also use a body shop foundation brush to blend this across my reddish cheeks for extra coverage....And as a concealer this is a fab product. Yes, it's expensive (44 I think for the tube), and while the packaging is clean-looking (white twist up plastic tube), it could be better for the price...but considering the size and the tiny amount needed when it's used as a concealer, this is fab value.
I have tried to use it as a foundation a few times, and you have to be really scrupulous about exfoliating and moisturising just prior or this will sit on any flakes and make them look worse.
So, a great product - just not necessarily in the way it was intended! I think if you have normal/oily-normal skin and need heavy coverage, this would be great. I also haven't tried it with a damp sponge, which may make blending down to natural level a bit easier....
Incidentally, I use Bare Escentals moneral foundation powder over the top, very lightly, to give the natural coverage I want for the rest of my face (the bits which don't need concealing but could do with evening out), and the Nobara-BE combo is great and has brilliant staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by chakalakakhan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a smart product. Good range of colors, great portable packaging, and medium buildable coverage. It's great if your going to take photos, but unfortunately for me it accentuated my dry patches. I do use retin-a which causes me to be red and flaky, so this product is not truly at fault. But I do prefer a smoother, emollient formula regardless. And I prefer the face architect foundation, which is the best foundation out there in my opinion. And i''ve pretty much tried them all!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So now that im livingin singapore now, my skin type has changed somewhat, its more normal rather than really dry. Before i wouldnt have dared to go near the tick foundation simply because i would be too scared it would cake on me too much, but now that my skin is better, i decided to give this a try, especially after hearing the raves about it from youtube.

its very easy to apply, just three strokes on each cheek is enough to cover my face without looking to cakey and made up. it gives my skin that no-makeup look that ive spent my life searching for. the finish is even better when i rememeber to wet my spong to blend it out.

I use a sponge to blend it out most of the times, ive never found myself useing my fingers. and for spot treatment, i used a concealer brush and its works equally as well as that. love it soo much.

The only reason it didnt get 5/5 is because recently ive found that i cant use it on my t-zone, and making me break out in those areas, every where else is fine, luckily i dont neever coverage on my nose, just round the sides.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by foryouinfullblossom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to adore this product, and in a way, I do, but in other ways it was disappointing. Just that as a foundation, I rather hate it, but it's become my Holy Grail of concealers.

As a foundation, I think it's much, much, MUCH too heavy. I have some mild discolouration along my jawline, and large pores, so I always lean towards more medium coverage, over sheer. However, by my standards, this was too heavy overall. I felt like I'd painted my face and that my skin could barely breathe.

So, why give it 4 stars then?

Well, to date it's the best concealer I've ever used. I warm a little on the end of my finger by swirling it on the top of the stick, and then dab it under my eyes and on any dark spots. And it's brilliant! What I hated about it as a foundation, was exactly what I loved about it as a concealer. And the packaging is great. So portable. I often take just this with me to the gym so that it's all I need to touch up afterwards - and I love that I can actually just throw it in my pocket!

However, be cautioned, that if you're like me and are the lightest shade is every foundation and every concealer out there - be wary about getting the lightest shade in the Nobara cream cover stick. Makes me a little ghost-ish. When I repurchase, I'm definitely trying the next two shades up. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by JillyDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

;-( I hate to be the first one to crash the party. I REALLY wanted to love this. I tried. I was lemming this so much and practically sang all the way to the Shu store.
The nice qualities: It covers great! Lippie for that! I love the convienance of a stick. So portable and easy for touch-ups on the go. Again, lippie. And its not at all a bad foundation.. not like really bad, anyway.

I noticed right away that it wasnt as "smooth and silky" as I like and insist in HE foundation. Also, it slightly accentuated dry patches on my cheeks even after proper moisturizing and primer. Not horribly bad but way more than the other foundation I had been using. But most of all, the deciding factor to return this was how tired my skin looked. It was dry around my eyes and the color seemed flat and lifeless on my skin. Even DH, commented how tired I looked. My skin just didnt look that great. I was hoping for a more polished airbrushed look.I thought maybe I'm going through a rough skin-time but as as soon as I switched back to my other foundation- my skin looked 10000x better as if by magic! Oh. But I did give it a fair shot cause when you spend that much for a tiny bit of product- you expect better things than average, tired skin.
But, I will always love you, Shu. Your *other foundations, lippes and e/s's are lovely. Nobara-san, you're a no-go for me. :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by MissPeony

I'm a Mac NC30 and use 754--I love this product! Very easy to blend and buildable coverage.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No