October 23, 2014 | 1548 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Alicia Silverstone 5-piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Incredibly soft blushes! not scratchy itchy or rough. Just as good as expensive brushes you find at MAC and Sephora. Makeup goes on so smooth. I use the stipling brush for foundation and cream blush and the brush for my mineral makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by helerycelerie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love every one of the Ecotools brushes, and I use them all! I'm a goner for non-cruelty, recycled products, but even I realize how often quality suffers for eco-friendliness. Not in this case! The non-cruelty fur hairs are soft and supple, and they won't fall out even after repeated cleaning.

These are great for people just learning to use brushes, since each brush has a recommended use, and for the most part, they are accurate recommendations. The brushes are a good size for almost anyone, and depending on what I'm doing, I use every single one (although not necessarily for the recommended use).

I own the six piece set, the five piece set, and the eye make-up set, and I love the way each case fits into the larger one. Very convenient, especially since I have to take them around to school plays and often use these on multiple people.

The brushes and the packaging are very attractive and natural looking. I make my makeup as natural as possible, so I love that my brushes match my face!

Bottom line:
These are relatively cheap brushes that are match up to the quality of the most expensive brands! They won't fall apart, they're soft, and they're extremely versatile. Great for beginners. Add in the recycled packaging, non cruelty fur, and bamboo handles, and you've got one of the best nature friendly products available!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this kit is fantastic! Love the stippling brush: for foundation,the angled eye shadow brush: for the corner of the eyes,the brush/comb for the eye brows, the little blush brush: for the blush. They all go well! If you want a more natural look,the stippling brush is perfect with fit me! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Gracielaelizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got these for Christmas and was so happy when I began using them. Every brush in this kit pleases me soo much.. My favorite would have to be the stipply brush.. It's so so soft and I use it for so many purposes. Blending countours(sp?) applying bronzer to give my skin a subtle glow, and applying foundation. I also cleanup fallout around my eyes with it! Amazing brush. The blush brush is soft and works well! Applys color nicely. The eyelash separater and groomer is nice and sturdy. And the angled eyeshadow brush puts eyeshadow on beautifully. They are also Eco friendly which is nice to know. You can get them at Walmart and k mart and most drug stores. I also washed them with bareminerals brush conditioning wash and they didn't smell bad at all, they actually smelled slightly like babypowder. They haven't had any stray hairs, and no fallen hairs that I know of! I got these forever ago and im getting alot of use out of them. Great product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

I've seen this set forever and finally decided to pick it up. The brushes are so soft and the hemp bag is beautiful. I also like the fact that the brushes can be stored in a seperate pocket so they don't get damaged and they stay clean. Eco tools has won a permanent place in my heart for cosmetic brushes and I am so glad to have this kit in my possession.
PS. to keep my brush side from getting makeup transfer on the hemp material I place one piece of toilet paper behind the brushes then replace the next day. I Do this because I like using these brushes for touch ups on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by snowbird53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an excellent set of brushes particularly at this price point. I LOVE the "skunk" brush especially and use it for a blush brush. The finish I get is very natural. It picks up the right amount of product and is very easy to apply and blend. The brushes are easy to clean, and I haven't noticed any shedding. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Mom2times

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this brush set every day. I got it on sale @ Walmart for about $12. The bag is super cute, but a little on the small side(or maybe I just have too much stuff....hmmm). I love the blush brush and eyeshadow brush. The skunk brush I never touch(I use the bamboo bronzer EcoTools brush instead!!) and the brow/lash tool is basically garbage. For the price, I really don't think I could do much better! I would repurchase this or a similar set if I needed to!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the second brush set I bought from EcoTools. I love these brushes! I've washed them many times and there still in perfect condition. They last a long time! I mainly bought this for the duo fiber brush. I use it for blush, highlight, and blending. I wouldn't recommend it for foundation because it's too sparse. The blush brush is nice and has many uses. The eyeshadow brush is my favorite! I use it for my highlight and blending eyeshadow. The eyelash/brow comb is nice too. The makeup bag is cute and good for on the go or traveling. I'm very happy with these brushes and what EcoTools stands for. I totally recommend these to everyone! (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by whisper

I really like EcoTools' products. I own this set, plus 4 other of their (individually packaged) brushes, and I also use their bath/shower gloves (the nylon exfoliating kind, which are excellent btw). So I bought this set knowing what to expect in terms of quality and performance. The brushes do no disappoint. Bristles are very soft, handle and packaging materials are eco-friendly (duh) and I actually use the travel pouch. All in all, a very good deal for the money. I own one face brush by Chanel, a couple of Tony & Tina's, a couple of Sephora Prof. Platinums, some Essence of Beauty ones, and a Bobbi Brown –– honestly, I use my EcoTools brushes 90% of the time. The blush brush that comes in this set is particularly superb and I use it daily. Also use the angled shadow brush 3-4 days out of the week. The stippling one I use for powdered highlighter; works beautifully for that. I've used it to apply loose setting powder as well. I do have one complaint (and it's kind of stupid and semi-not even worth mentioning, but it bugs me, so...): What I don't like about this set is the inclusion of the brow/lash comb, because I feel this item is a total cop-out 'filler' brush; a far more useful choice would have been something like a stiff angled liner brush, either a smudge or crease brush for eyes, or even a lip brush would've served 99.9% of people 10x better (in my opinion). Hate to sound ungrateful and picky, because this truly is a fab deal and you're getting equally fab product here, but, seriously, a lash comb?? Who needs that? (Sorry in advance to anyone who's reading this and thinking to themselves, '...I do!') It's annoying when companies charge for something that they probably realize only 2% of us will actually end up using. I'd rather they left it out altogether and knocked a buck or two off the price. *rant over* It sounds like I'm complaining, which I am, haha, but I actually do love this set and these brushes. I highly recommend this set (and the EcoTools brand in general for that matter).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my goodness, just when I had given up finding this set, it appears in my local target! I snatched it up so quick. Ecotools have never let me down with their brush quality (especially for the price). The brushes are great, as usual. I like that the blush brush looks a bit smaller and more tapered then the blush brush I had from them already. I think they changed the style, it is much more effective at applying blush more precisely and not overdoing it. And it's nice to have that eye brush with a long handle, I just prefer the look of longer handles to the shorter ones. The little bag it comes in is adorable. 100xs better than the usual bulky plastic ecotools packaging. The price is really a steal, even if you only like one of the brushes and the bag or something, heh. The only thing I don't need/use, is the eyelash comb, I have so many of those for some reason! But it's just as good as any standard eyelash comb, so if you need one, there you go. Check your Targets!

Oh and the only other weird thing is that all the brushes individually say ecotools by Alicia Silverstone on them. Which is kind of weird, I think, but oh well who cares!