July 29, 2014 | 1901 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by RachelNEpperly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this time and time again, for years because it lasts forever. Full coverage. Stays on. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This will definitely cover anything you want. It does not get dry, cakey or crease. However its not entirely perfect…

Pros:
Covers acne and scarring

Cons:
Oxidizes
Has some comedogenic ingredients (I don't know if it causes me to break out though…)

I'm also using Lancome's concealer right now - both very different consistencies but its a close tie.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin with rosacea. When my skin broke out horribly with cystic acne and eczema dry patches last year, this was the product that I went to. I truly believe that this is the best concealer for problematic/sensitive skin and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a truly full-coverage concealer. (Note: do not use in the under-eye area, as it may settle into the fine lines).

[ PROS ]
- Covered all redness/acne/eczema on my face without irritating my skin more (I used a lot of it on a daily basis and have used up 5-6 tubes already)
- A little can go a long way so the price tag is more justified
- Is water resistant
- Does not oxidize or change in any way even after 10 hours of wear, although a setting powder is a good idea for those with oily skin like me
- Looks natural when applied properly (I suggest using clean fingers as the finish looks better than when applied with a brush)
- Tube packaging is hygienic and easy to use

[ CONS ]
- Pricey compared to many other concealers
- Can settle into fine lines

This concealer did wonders for my very sensitive and problematic skin. As long as the formula does not change, I will continue to repurchase over and over again, while recommending this to others :).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

I've been on a concealer mission for some time now (my requirements are pretty stringent), and after several misses I settled on this one. For reference, I have medium-tan olive skin (around NC 42ish in the dead of winter), and the #10 golden beige in this concealer is a good match for me. The coverage is certainly full, which I appreciate, and the container is hygenic. Another plus - and something that I'm still getting accustomed to - is that you really only need a very small amount of this product per use. (Otherwise matters can get a bit messy). I use this concealer exclusively under my eyes, set it with a bit of Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, and I'm good for the day. So far I have noticed no creasing or settling into the fine lines around my eyes, and the consistency of this concealer does not highlight the flakiness that sometimes appears near my undereyes from topical medication. If you are looking for a concealer that is very brightening, then this is perhaps not the best choice, but in combination with the setting powder that I use it performs very well. I would repurchase. My only complaint? I wish that this came in stick form, as I find that slightly less messy. Otherwise, I'm satisfied.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by shay1127

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this concealer so bad but I just couldn't. Let me start by saying I did love how it looks on the skin in normal , how to sets quickly,and must of all the full coverage for my under eye darkness. Now for the cons for a dark skin woman this concealer looks HORRIBLE in pictures that use flash, regardless of your blending.It also burned under my eyes which have never happened before with any other product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

I have tried SO MANY concealers to cover acne and acne scars, and this is by far the best because it gives a very full coverage without looking cakey, it doesn't fade or slip off throughout the day even when my skin gets oily, and it doesn't cause further breakouts. I can easily get an entire workday's wear without worrying about it. I usually just dab it on in small amounts where I need it, then blend with a soft brush like a MAC 224 and it comes out perfect!

The only sort of negative thing I would say about it is that it doesn't work as well as an undereye concealer for me, but that is mainly because I like something a little more brightening for that area.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by hawaiistern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love it! This is the best concealer I've ever tried. I have a lot of redness around my nose and cheeks and I can't hide it with a full cover or camouflage foundation because I have super oily skin and it melts off my face immediately. So I've tried so many things - different concealers, foundations and primers. This concealer is the only one which covers my redness and stay in place the whole day.

If you want to cover redness or other imperfections, try the camouflage cream palette concealers corrective shades from makeup forever as well. I always use a little bit of the green cream concealer and mix it with the full cover concealer between my fingers.
But keep in mind that this concealer is super heavy and thick. I would never use it to cover dark circles around my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this concealer. It covers every imperfection but the price is too much. Product lasts a long time so I guess it's worth it. It can get cakey at times though. Just finished a tube, it was okay I will not be repurchasing. I am shade 7 (MAC NC30)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

I don't usually buy or use concealers (I try to limit my morning routine as I've been noticing it's getting ridiculously long...) but I decided to purchase one after noticing that my acne scars and blemishes are not getting covered enough by my regular foundation.

The SA matched me with #5 which is a fair-medium yellow based shade which suits my NC20 (or 'Buff' in Clinique Even Better, 53 in Bourjois Healthy Mix) skin well.

As others have mentioned, I did notice that it dried my blemishes out a little at the end of the day. However, it was fairly minimal and only apparent when I closely inspected my face.

Even though the concealer claims to be waterproof, I have not tried it while swimming yet so I can't attest to those claims. It does last in heat though, and I have not experienced any sliding off or fading during the day.

The application is easy enough (fingers work the best) and only a very small amount is required so the tube would last for a long time. I also wouldn't consider this to be full coverage but it is enough to cover my pigmented acne scars and other discolourations (The estee lauder maximum coverage foundation is more pigmented!).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by adhanoa1

I purchased this concealer quite a while ago and a little does go a long way. It is pricey but does a good job covering up blemishes and red spots; however, it is not so good as an under eye concealer. I've tried using it as an under eye concealer and it is just way too thick and dry. If you are looking to cover red spots and blemishes this is a good concealer.