April 23, 2014 | 1366 users online

Concealers - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by stls

Pros:
* Looks really natural
* Blends effortlessly
* Doesn't crease
* Good staying power
* Hygienic tube
* Generous amount of product
* Moisturizing

Cons:
* Coverage is not that great
* Poor color selection (3 shades - Ivory, Beige and Honey)

Overall: this concealer has plenty good points as long as you don't need much coverage and can find a decent color match. I'm about N10 and Ivory was good enough to look natural but didn't brighten my face up.
I'll use it up but most certainly won't repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by martinagarcia

I bought this product because I wanted to cover my dark circles under the eyes, but it doesn't work. It isn't able to cover dark circles although you put more quantity of product.
The only positive things about this product are that it doesn't go in the fine lines around eyes and it seems quite natural (you could even use it without foundation or any other product in your face).
I have tried lots of concealers and for me the best one till now is Bobbi Brown.
I won't buy this product again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by godivas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is not a miracle product but it conceals my dark circles better than other products, without turning them into purple circles. I also notice it stays intact on my skin for long hours, as opposed to cheaper concealers. I would switch if I found something better but for the time being I'm sticking with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by JLeroux

This concealer does an OK job covering very light under-eye circles and imperfections. If you have darker circles, this product probably won't give enough coverage. One big plus, I did find that this concealer didn't crease or gather in any fine lines around the eye.

Overall: Good concealer for people who don't have particularly dark under-eye circles.
Alternatives: I'm still looking.....
Value: Pretty good. The tube I got has lasted me forever. To be honest, I can't remember when I bought it, but it was well over a year ago.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: WOnderful on my aging skin. Great for layering/building. I'm an N10-N15 (I'm a true neutral but if anything, I lean a little warm), and the number 001 works for me.

CONS: This would not be good for those that don't need the moisture, but it's right in the name (hydrating), so this shouldn't come as a surprise for anyone. But it doesn't last too long on my eye. Not cheap.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you need heavier coverage, this layers okay.

ALTERNATES: My new happiness I've found is using MAC's tinted moisturizer under my eyes (Yes, under my eyes!) and then Stila's Stay All Day Concealer only in the dark circles. By doing this, I don't highlight my puffy bags underneath my eyes. I've heard of people using foundation under their eyes before, but it's always looked horrible on me, until I tried that MAC t.m. Anyway, the Stila on top really does the trick of truly concealing the circles and making sure it will last even longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Pros;

- very thin, can be worn under the eyes
- Dior offers really fair/pale shades for us that are NW/NC 15.

Cons:

- used on blemishes does not give enough coverage. Used under the eyes this gives a dry look, and does not cover good enough there either, especially being a "expensive" concealer.

- Creases in minutes!

- The lightest shade is too white/yellow for my undereye area, cause I have bluish/purple undereye circles...and I'm supposed to wear something more towards peach/pinkish on that areas I guess.... And I'm looking for a concealer especially to cover these...

- expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very high quality product, but I will not be purchasing it again. I love most things Dior, and I really do like a lot of things about their Nude concealer, such as:

1. The color 001 is a perfect match for my NW15 skin
2. This product never broke me out or irritated my dry, sensitive rosacea skin
3. It blends perfectly on my face
4. A little bit goes a long way! I've had the same tube since May or June or this year and I'm not even halfway through. I wear concealer anywhere from 1 - 4 times a week, if that helps.
5. In a pinch, I have actually blended this with a bunch of moisturizer and worn it as a TM, and it looked pretty darn good.

However, this concealer settles in the fine lines beneath my eyes. At first, I didn't really notice, but over the past month (maybe as the weather has changed and my skin has become more dry?) I began to see that the Nude emphasizes what I'm trying to hide! I look younger than I am usually, but when I wear this product, I feel like it shows my fine lines off, so to speak, and for $30 a tube that's just not okay! Again, I like a lot of things about this concealer and I will likely finish the tube up when I cover blemishes and redness. But I just purchased Hourglass's Hidden concealer, which has a much creamier, more substantial texture than Dior's slightly more liquid one. It covers up my fine lines and brightens the undereye area in a way Dior's product does not. So for now, I'm not likely to repurchase this concealer, but I do recommend that others test it out for themselves first.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Ginaisobel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best concealers I have used. I have tried Elizabeth Arden, MAC, Revlon, Estee Lauder, Loreal, and many other brands. This Christian Dior concealer is far superior. The consistency is not too thick and you can build the coverage with a brush in the under eye area. It lasts well with powder and does not settle in creases as previous concealers I have used often do. It melts into the skin and gives a velvety soft natural finish. It is expensive, but as I do online shopping at Strawberrynet.com I got this for a very reasonable price compared to what I would pay in department store. I will continue to use this fantastic product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by RedHedd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this, really I did. It was recommended for aging, drier undereye skin. I picked it up at the Nordstrom Cosmetics Trend Show extravaganza so at least I got $15 off the price. I guess I should have been tipped off right away when the color seemed a bit dark, but the SA encouraged me to try it, saying it would blend in perfectly. Well, it didn't.

It's a bit heavier than what I was using before (NARS stick and pan). The tube is nice as it's easy to control the amount you use.

After first applying it seemed okay, but looking at it an hour or two later was horrific! It had sunk into all the little lines under my eyes, emphasizing even the tiniest of wrinkles like nothing I have ever used before. I have never looked this bad!

This is going back, never to enter my collection again. Sorry Dior.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG concealer!!! It blends in perfectly everytime, does not let my undereyes dry out (which is a problem I have with my very dry skin), stays on all day, and is a perfect match for my skin in the shade I have (which is 01, and I am a PPP). Now, I have very dark circles under the eyes, and this concealer is like a 70% coverage, so i have to layer a little of the Garnier Tinted Roller before putting this on under the eyes. That is one thing that i wish this concealer had: more coverage. otherwise, it's the best thing i have ever tried and worn under my eyes, and I am gonna stick with this until they stop making it. This concealer never ever gets cakey on me. It does crease a little in the lines right under the inner third of my eye, but i just take my finger and pat it, set it with powder, and i'm good to go. I really love this concealer and highly recommend it to those that have really dry skin and do not like cakey concealers.