July 28, 2014 | 960 users online

Hair - Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ocmommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't even know if there are words for how good this is. Lt me start by saying that my hair is jacked up. Bleach weave gone awry, crispy hair...don't even want to talk about it.

This makes my hair so soft, but not coated. It brings back that spring and snap ro hydrated, healthy hair. I follow up with the Moisture Extreme and cannot believe the results.

Prior to using this, if I were to let my hair air dry, frizzy would be an understatement. I allowed my hair to air dry the first time I used this, just to see what the performance truly was. I was floored. It was a bit frizzy, but the texture and feel of it was much softer and hydrated.

Not expensive for the performance, and I don't mind the jar at all.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Smallonion

Love this stuff. Best conditioner I've ever used. However, I use it every time I shampoo because my hair is very damaged and coarse. I've been using it for a couple of months and I see much less damaged, and my hair appears to be growing because there is less breakage. Also, i get nice curl formation instead of frizz, and it adds shine. Holy Grail!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the most incredibly moisturizing hair mask I've ever tried. I have very fine hair and never really needed huge amounts of moisture on my hair - on the contrary - most moisturizing products would weigh my hair down horribly and make it look greasy. After doing my hair some serious damage last year I started using a lot of protein treatments and needed to balance it with moisture. It took me a while to figure out how to use this for my hair type. Despite washing it 2-3 times my hair would look and feel great - but would be weighed down and greasy-looking by the next day. I actually needed only about a teaspoon of this - I only used it on the ends of my then shoulder-length hair and left it in for about 10 min. I used this about once a month, with lighter moisturizing treatments after protein treatments every week or two. For a long time this worked well. Earlier this summer my hair became drier almost overnight. According to my hairdresser it reached a "saturation point" as far as protein went and I needed to stop all protein products and use more moisture. Suddenly my hair can hardly get enough moisture - and few things make any difference at all. This is one of the things that actually works even now. I use it about once a week and leave on up to 30 min. If I can't be bothered doing it properly I'll put a little on dry hair and leave on for a while before washing. This really is a product that would work for pretty much any hair - you just need to adjust the use to what your hair needs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by qmsterling

Expensive and I don't get the hype. My green tub of 3-minute drugstore-brand hair mask seems to do the same job.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by emmio10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used to use this a year ago, but then forgot about it until I whipped it out today to put back to good use (i'm trying to use up loads of products before buying new ones). I had totally forgotten how the Elasticizer makes my hair feel super soft, strong, healthy and full of life. But the reason I stopped using it was because I find pre-shampoo treatments such a pain (yes Ojon, I'm talking about you too!). When I bought this, I thought it was a deep conditioning treatment after shampooing which was my own silly mistake. Personally I find putting it on before actually washing my hair quite bothersome, messy and long which was a put off because I never seem to have enough time for this process. However, the results are excellent and well worth it. I remember using it around a few times a month and when I went to get my hair trimmed, my hairdresser commented that my hair was in MUCH better condition than before and my ends did not look as dead and frazzled from heat. I will definitely finish this up as my hair is in need of some TLC atm since a disastrous bleach job so I plan to use this once a week for the next month to ensure that my hair is in good shape for my next colour job. I'm not fond of the tub packaging as I prefer pumping products out due to hygiene reasons, I sometimes get bits of my hair in the product as I keep having to dip my hand back in. If I use this generously on my hair, then it will be oily and weighed down the next day so those with fine, straight hair like me, use sparingly! I mainly focus on massaging it into my mid-length and ends, comb it through with a wide tooth and pop a shower cap on. Sometimes, I even use a blow dryer over it for a few secs for some extra heat to really ensure the Elasticizer penetrates into my hair. Depending on how much time I have, I could leave this in from a few hours to 10 minutes min. but I prefer not to sleep with it in because I didn't find it comfortable when I tried. The Elasticizer is quite pricey and probably would last me about 2 months of weekly uses (for ref: I have medium lenth, fine hair), so I won't be rushing to repurchase just yet as I want to try new products. But, I probably will sometime in the future as it really is a great moisturizing and strengthening treatment for my hair. I just wish it was post shampoo.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yeees, I would buy it again, again and again! If I had to choose only one product except the shampoo, it would be that. I am not sure whether I am using it porperly (since I let it overnight on my hair), but my hair is in a wonderful position, no flyawys, shaped waves.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by hetsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok a great product and leaves your hair stronger, glossier and more manageable. The price tag is a bit to high for my liking. I use this now and again for a intense treatment.

A tip for you girls who want a cheaper alternative. I mix castor oil, olive oil, water and emulsifier into a spray bottle. I spray onto my hair before a hair wash.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by LucySnow

This pre-shampoo treatment is AWESOME. It is scent-free and has a very creamy consistency. You apply it to dampened hair, leave it on for 15-20 minutes (add heat, if needed), then shampoo, condition and style as usual. It adds a ton of moisture to my hair without weighing it down. My ends stay smooth and my style lasts longer when I've used this - and it also makes my hair much more frizz resistant. Love, love, love this product. It is worth every penny and I've just repurchased.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by femabg

This saved my hair. I find this product amazing after using so many products thanks to it my hair is now very long, shiny and healthy. I use it before every shampoo because my hair is very coarse and frizzy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I'm not a fan of silicone haircare products (since it's everywhere), this product is absolutely a lifesaver for damaged, burned, fried hair. It contains silicone, but it doesn't seem to weigh down or coat my hair in any bad way.

I like that it's used before shampooing, it doesn't have to soak in a long time (1/2 hr is enough), it washes out easily & leaves behind bouncy, shiny, vibrant hair w/personality. Damaged hair is revived.

It doesn't need to be used often (depending on individual hair needs) & I don't have to use a lot to get good results. This product is a godsend for me.
It works great whether or not you use it w/the matching Moisture shampoo & conditioner. I have done both.

It's quite expensive, but it's worth it. And being that it's used infrequently & only small amounts are needed, I actually consider it cost-effective. It's not appropriate for healthy hair, but it's very good for damaged hair in need of repair.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No