Philip Kingsley Elasticizer

4.4

Aqua (Water), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Dimethyl PABA, Olea Europaea (Olive) Husk Oil, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate.

on 5/4/2012 7:12:00 AM

Fantastic dual functioning product: strengthening as well as conditioning. Nourishes hair shaft instantly, improving blow dry result even after first application. Lasts ages. A real find.

on 4/28/2012 4:34:00 PM

I alternate between this and my beloved Fekkai Protein RX. At the moment I'm using this. I actually don't mind (and prefer) that this is a pre-shampoo treatment! I apply it sparingly to my dry hair, do my business (have dinner, chores, waste time on Facebook etc) then shampoo and condition as normal.

I find this stuff works best if you keep it on for at least half an hour. I have fine hair (but lots of it) and years of abusing it left it in a pretty sorry state. I've gone through the entire colour spectrum of hairdyes!! A couple of years ago, I had the most woeful dry, brittle hair and along with my Fekkai, this was a saviour. I still use this once or twice a week and it's not too heavy for fine hair (as long as you rinse well), it makes your hair look thicker and shinier and as a bonus, they now do a squeezy tube of this as well as the pot, so it's the perfect size for travelling! The size I buy in the tube is 14 in the UK or you can buy the bigger tub for about 24 in the big department stores. I've also tried the Elastisizer Extreme at love that too, but that has to be used VERY sparingly unless you have super-thick hair!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My favourite hair treatment. It makes tremendous difference to how my dyed fine overprocessed hair looks. I like to use it all over my head, put a shower cap on and wear a beanie for extra warmth. It is very rich and I suppose it does weigh hair down a little but for the difference it makes i can deal with that!

on 3/1/2012 10:21:00 AM

Great product, but difficult to find in the states. I used it while in the UK and ended up ordering it online from a place in California.

Due to this difficulty and cost, I'm not sure if I'll repurchase it, but I do highly recommend it for those who can obtain it!

It conditions wonderfully and you can use it as a quick conditioner or leave it in for a while if your hair is damaged. It washes out easily, and leaves the hair very healthy looking.

on 2/9/2012 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't even know if there are words for how good this is. Lt me start by saying that my hair is jacked up. Bleach weave gone awry, crispy hair...don't even want to talk about it.

This makes my hair so soft, but not coated. It brings back that spring and snap ro hydrated, healthy hair. I follow up with the Moisture Extreme and cannot believe the results.

Prior to using this, if I were to let my hair air dry, frizzy would be an understatement. I allowed my hair to air dry the first time I used this, just to see what the performance truly was. I was floored. It was a bit frizzy, but the texture and feel of it was much softer and hydrated.

Not expensive for the performance, and I don't mind the jar at all.

on 1/13/2012 10:02:00 AM

Love this stuff. Best conditioner I've ever used. However, I use it every time I shampoo because my hair is very damaged and coarse. I've been using it for a couple of months and I see much less damaged, and my hair appears to be growing because there is less breakage. Also, i get nice curl formation instead of frizz, and it adds shine. Holy Grail!

on 8/18/2011 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the most incredibly moisturizing hair mask I've ever tried. I have very fine hair and never really needed huge amounts of moisture on my hair - on the contrary - most moisturizing products would weigh my hair down horribly and make it look greasy. After doing my hair some serious damage last year I started using a lot of protein treatments and needed to balance it with moisture. It took me a while to figure out how to use this for my hair type. Despite washing it 2-3 times my hair would look and feel great - but would be weighed down and greasy-looking by the next day. I actually needed only about a teaspoon of this - I only used it on the ends of my then shoulder-length hair and left it in for about 10 min. I used this about once a month, with lighter moisturizing treatments after protein treatments every week or two. For a long time this worked well. Earlier this summer my hair became drier almost overnight. According to my hairdresser it reached a "saturation point" as far as protein went and I needed to stop all protein products and use more moisture. Suddenly my hair can hardly get enough moisture - and few things make any difference at all. This is one of the things that actually works even now. I use it about once a week and leave on up to 30 min. If I can't be bothered doing it properly I'll put a little on dry hair and leave on for a while before washing. This really is a product that would work for pretty much any hair - you just need to adjust the use to what your hair needs.

on 7/10/2011 10:42:00 AM

Expensive and I don't get the hype. My green tub of 3-minute drugstore-brand hair mask seems to do the same job.

on 5/30/2011 9:33:00 PM

I used to use this a year ago, but then forgot about it until I whipped it out today to put back to good use (i'm trying to use up loads of products before buying new ones). I had totally forgotten how the Elasticizer makes my hair feel super soft, strong, healthy and full of life. But the reason I stopped using it was because I find pre-shampoo treatments such a pain (yes Ojon, I'm talking about you too!). When I bought this, I thought it was a deep conditioning treatment after shampooing which was my own silly mistake. Personally I find putting it on before actually washing my hair quite bothersome, messy and long which was a put off because I never seem to have enough time for this process. However, the results are excellent and well worth it. I remember using it around a few times a month and when I went to get my hair trimmed, my hairdresser commented that my hair was in MUCH better condition than before and my ends did not look as dead and frazzled from heat. I will definitely finish this up as my hair is in need of some TLC atm since a disastrous bleach job so I plan to use this once a week for the next month to ensure that my hair is in good shape for my next colour job. I'm not fond of the tub packaging as I prefer pumping products out due to hygiene reasons, I sometimes get bits of my hair in the product as I keep having to dip my hand back in. If I use this generously on my hair, then it will be oily and weighed down the next day so those with fine, straight hair like me, use sparingly! I mainly focus on massaging it into my mid-length and ends, comb it through with a wide tooth and pop a shower cap on. Sometimes, I even use a blow dryer over it for a few secs for some extra heat to really ensure the Elasticizer penetrates into my hair. Depending on how much time I have, I could leave this in from a few hours to 10 minutes min. but I prefer not to sleep with it in because I didn't find it comfortable when I tried. The Elasticizer is quite pricey and probably would last me about 2 months of weekly uses (for ref: I have medium lenth, fine hair), so I won't be rushing to repurchase just yet as I want to try new products. But, I probably will sometime in the future as it really is a great moisturizing and strengthening treatment for my hair. I just wish it was post shampoo.

on 5/11/2011 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yeees, I would buy it again, again and again! If I had to choose only one product except the shampoo, it would be that. I am not sure whether I am using it porperly (since I let it overnight on my hair), but my hair is in a wonderful position, no flyawys, shaped waves.

Popular Hair Products