TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 5/20/2015 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i love this. but id only wear it at night. it is very shimmery. afraid ill look like a glitterbomb in the sunlight but at night its great. i love how its not white but more champagne. suits my nc25/30 skin. oh it shatters very easily though

on 5/10/2015 5:39:00 PM

This is very Vegas-y gold. Doesn't look good in the inner eye and is not subtle at all on my pinky fair skin.

Nars Copacabana is going to last forever and looks luminous, not Vegas-y. For the inner eye, I keep coming back to Physician's Formula Eyebright, which makes me look a little more awake and a little more like Bambi.

on 4/21/2015 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Although a bit pricey, this highlighter is a dream for me! I love everything about it! It's really pigmented, a little goes a long way. I like to apply this with a fan brush and it gives a healthy glow. Doesn't last the entire day (but I don't use primers very often) however it doesnt budge or move around on top of my foundation. My lips are allergic to beeswax and reacts really horribly to it, and this contains beeswax, but my skin didn't have any irritation. I love this!

on 4/12/2015 3:29:00 AM

My favourite highlighter of all time. Has yellow undertone so a Perfect shade for my olive complexion. Looks very natural and feels a light as air. I find liquid highlighters to be too thick, difficult to apply on top of make up as it seems to move the underneath make up. Dont have that problem with this, after applying everything else i just dust a tiny amount over my checks and brow bone. Gives me a natural dewy finish. Doesnt look power like at all. The only problem I had with it was my own doing, didnt know how to use it at the beginning so used toooo much (&went out), looked ultra glittery/shimmery. Its very pigmented so use a very small amount. As you only need so little of it, it should last a long time.

on 4/6/2015 2:11:00 PM

If you apply it with the right brush, this is the BEST highlighter!! I highly recommend bobbi brown eye sweep brush or any eyeshadow blending brush for its application. It gives a little bit shine which looks healthy. You can also use it as an eyeshadow. Don't ever use contour, blush or powder brush if your makeup is daily.

on 4/2/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Although I said that I would repurchase, I truly believe that the repurchasing is going to be a long, long time from now...

The product is great, and I have a feeling it's going to last a really long time. It really does give the perfect lit from within glow without over doing it. The powder is pressed in the compact, but I feel like it goes onto a brush very finely. I happen to use a thick fan brush to apply this as a highlighter to my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, center of my forehead and center of my chin. I use a small amount on my finger on my cupid's bow. It truly does a wonderful job of a subtle highlighter...

Highlighters seem to be my obsession right now because as I was organizer my makeup collection I came across 6 of them. I know that this is totally unnecessary and was wondering why I have so many, but I do change it up a lot. Having a few that I like, Mary-Lou seems to be the one I reach for most often, and that is saying a lot about the product. It is not over the top, and if you are looking for an over shine or gleam look, this product is definitely not the one to grab. (MAC soft and gentle as well as Laura Gellar Portofino are very high gloss/shine highlighters.)

Definitely give this one a try (and keep a look out on Hautelook for the product as they frequently sell TheBalm products at discount prices. I have ordered TheBalm products from them on 3 separate occasions and I have always been happy with what was delivered.)

on 4/1/2015 11:11:00 PM

If you're looking for the perfect highlighter, look no further and stop spending on more pricey ones that end up disappointing you.

I am an Asian who is the face of combination skin (i.e. oily T-zone and dry cheeks). Since I mainly use highlighters on the apples of my cheeks, I steered away from powder products because as if the dry skin there isn't bad enough, now I want to pile on some dusty material on it??

I have tried and tested almost all the cult favourites out there and when none of them gave me the glory look, I decided to take a leap of faith with this TheBalm product. I have previously used products from the brand before and relatively liked it so I thought why not? And holy mother of highlighters. I was in love and impressed.

I'll be honest, I did realise that it was a tad bit cakey but I think that's just because my face has pretty obvious pores so it clings on just a little. But I would think that for any other people, this will be a flawless product. It gives off the most gorgeous champagne glow which gives your skin the lit-from-within glow with no sparkles.

If there is one criticism at all, it would be that it doesn't really last me the whole day. However, I think that's because I don't really prep my skin for full makeup (I don't use primer or foundation. Just one very light coat of BB cream).

I should stop raving about this product here and let you guys test it and rave about it yourself! x

on 4/1/2015 1:15:00 AM

this highlighter when placed side by side with kevyn aucoin candlelight and becca opal, it's not just on the same calibre of pigmentation and smoothness.

this is a warm highlighter, nicely pigmented, no glitters but it is not finely milled. you can still see some product scattered in areas of the face where you dont want it to -- talk about fallout.

i dont get the rave reviews, really. urban decay's single shadow in x is a very close dupe, but it's more pigmented, finer, and has more sheen. to be fair, pricing is good given its generous size of 8g. not bad at all, but if you want to up your game with powder highlighters then look somewhere else. 3/5

After trying out a whole heap of hughlighters what I always found was that in natural lighting they would look like a streak of gold on my cheekbones (Nars Albatross) I have also tried the Kevyn Aucoin candlelight highlighter but I just find that does not give as much glow as I would like its a very suttlw glow.
After seeing all the rave reviews for this highlighter on YouTube I decided to purchase it when I'd seen Amazon (UK) had it on for a bit cheper than elsewhere and it was prime next day free delivery so I couldnt walk away from that.
Upon first application I loved it as it didnt leave a gold streak but just a glow without the weird pigment colour, especially when I'd caught the glow from afar as I looked in the mirror it looked phenomenal (If I do say so myself) I would recommend it if you have the same problem as me with other highlighters and you only need very little of this for the impact. Will be repurchasing when I run out unless anything else can top this x

on 3/29/2015 9:29:00 AM

It is an amazing product. It gives a healthy glow to the skin but it doesnt have shimmery look its really natural looking and gorgeous

Top Rated TheBalm Products