September 2, 2014 | 1826 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Sonia Kashuk - Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 (tube)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by feeef89

About a week ago I looked in the mirror at a party and was horrified. All the makeup I pile on and my acne is still showing through terribly. Not only that but I finally felt like my acne was simply getting out of control and I needed to try something new. So I decided to stop wearing all this makeup that was bogging down my skin and not even covering my acne. That was a HUGE decision because I like most women have not gone without makeup in years and use it as a safety blanket and feel vulnerable and exposed without foundation. So I skipped the layers: 2 foundations, concealer, powder, bronzer, eyeshadow, etc. I only applied blush and mascara with my usual moisturizer and wiped my face with Hydrogen Peroxide (HP) twice a day. It felt great to "bare it all" in public and not care what anyone thinks. Loved the feeling. After about a week my skin actually started to improve, the HP helps a lot! Redness and acne calmed down noticeably and my skin just looked better. But still my old acne scars, some redness, and under-eye circles were staring me down. So I hit the web to research BB creams and found some good reviews about one of L'Oreals BB creams but no local stores seemed to carry that one so I decided to keep looking around in Target and see what else is available. I saw this tinted moisturizer and decided to give it a shot. I've never tried a TM before but it sounded a lot better than foundation. It was pretty pricey, almost $14 before tax. It has 1.75 oz (most tubes are 1 oz so I'm loving that extra .75 oz for about the same price) in a cute long squeeze tube. I bought the second shade Linen and I'm in between 150 and 180 in Revlon ColorStay, 130 in Revlon Nearly Naked, LF4 in Flower, and around a NC20 in Mac. I'm of Arab heritage with pale hazel/gray eyes, medium brown hair, and a pale, slightly yellow skin-tone that slightly tans and doesn't burn in the sun. Also, lately my skin has been a bit dry. Now for the actual product: I like it! It gives your face that extra something to even it out a bit and just make your skin look naturally nice. It DOES NOT look like you obviously have it on like foundation does especially over acne areas. It looks natural. Being a tinted moisturizer I didn't expect it to mask my flaws or anything. It covers a bit and just gives a lovely healthy glow. It has been three days now and I am really glad I bought it. So far I have not noticed any break-outs apart from the stuff that is already there. So if your skin needs a break give this a shot, I think you will like it too! ---This is my first review on this site, so if it helped you in any way please leave a thumbs up! <3

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by MarissaRissaMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a tinted moisturizer so I don't expect a ton of coverage. I use the lightest shade (Fair) and it is definitely only a tiny amount of coverage. If you have a lot of redness, this won't do anything for you. It feels light on my skin though which is great for humid, summer days. I just have to rely on my trusty concealer also. I imagine the coverage could be buildable. There is no orange tint which is my favorite thing about this TM. It is a bit pricey, but the tube is big and I only need a pea size amount for my whole face. Overall, it works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by MACmamax2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont like wearing foundation so I figured tinted moisturizer would be best. It does! It evens out the skin, looks natural and I definitely recommend it if you don't like wearing foundation. It is pretty pricey for a drugstore product and recently it went up a few dollars ive noticed. Also, you can only get it at target

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's sitting in my foundation/tinted moisturizer box and has literally been untouched for months. I look at it time and again and once in awhile will give it a try. But I am always left feeling like I should have never put it on. I don't get why it's labeled radiant...because in it's meager attempt of advertising, this does not make me feel radiant. It leaves my skin feeling oily, oxidizes every time I put it on, and just sort of just sits on the skin. What makes it worse is that I feel it on my skin. It feels almost like sunscreen. That sticky feeling I don't like. Definitely would not repurchase and I have not thrown it out yet because I feel so guilty for wasting my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by alyssa1312

I love this tinted moisturizer! I was so sick of worrying about being orange or having my make up be caked up so I wanted to try something lighter. I went to target to buy the physicians formula bb cream but realized the lightest color was still way to dark for me and decided to give this a try. I'm so happy I did! It doesn't cover everything. I have to use it with some concealer for my acne scars but that's fine with me! It gives me enough coverage to feel comfortable but not too much. It looks like I'm not even wearing makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by JennaLia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for many months now. I don't remember if this broke me out or not but if it did it wasn't bad enough to stop using it since I'm still using it to this day.
I usually put on moisturizer then primer before using this and sometimes add it on with another foundation.

For me it really brightens my face and it doesn't leave me too oily so
I can usually skip the powder.I got the lightest shade and it is a tad to light for me but I can ge away with it. I usually use this if I'm in a rush or in the mood for ligher coverage

Negatives:
-Does not last all day (maybe 4-6 hours)
-Does not cover imperfections, light coverage
-Not the best variety of shades

I might repurchase again but I'm getting into the trend of
bb-creams now so it will probably replace this (:

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this tinted moisturizer, the "beige" color matched me really well (I'm a C5 in mac face & body), I have really oily skin so this did end up oxidizing on me a little bit but it wasn't anything crazy (never turned orange or anything, just got a bit darker after about four hours of running around sweating working at a bakery)

Anyway, it lasted through 8 hour shifts, and made me look really nice and dewey but it did end up breaking me out due to the fact that my pores got super clogged up and it had a couple of ingredients in it that my skin is super sensitive to.

All in all, this was my HG for two summers while working at Panera in 100+ degree weather. Totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Dakota135

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm obsessed! I am in the shade Linen and I LOVE it! I'm 14, and I have rosacea.... so I just wanted a little color to help drown out all of that red in my skin. It does the job. It doesn't even feel like I am wearing makeup at all! I purchased this because it had pretty good reviews, I am running out of my revlon colorstay foundation, AND its only $13 for almost 2 whole ounces! great deal!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by rad06902

Don't need an additional moisturitzer underneath. Have really sensitive skin - but haven't broken out in the 8 months been using the product. Very natural and light!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Koof

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got into makeup about a year ago - found out I was wearing the wrong shade of foundation (after over a year+ of wearing it!) and also found out through MUCH trial & error that I didn't NEED foundation.. A little more coverage would be nice so I didn't have to try to find concealers & whatnot that work for me, but this really does have a nice texture and consistency. It glides on smoothly, blends in perfectly (I just recently bought Sonia's buffing brush, but usually use the Real Techniques expert face brush, then blend a little more with Tarte's airbrush bamboo brush) and really does make my skin look more livelier. It evens out my skin tone and moisturizes - pretty much does everything it says it'll do. I want to find something with a tad bit more coverage that works like this, but that might be an oxymoron. Until then, I will keep using this, as it's the only thing that's worked for me since I've discovered it. Love it!