December 21, 2014 | 944 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Studio High Definition Powder is one of my everyday powders; I have oily skin & this without doubt helps control it. I wear it their both alone & over foundation, but mostly alone. When I wear it alone, I prime my face with e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer & my face looks AMAZING. I've even received a compliment on how matte my face looked when wearing this alone. Where I live, we have triple-digit summers, even at nighttime, so that truly does say something. I love this powder & will be buying another—they're $6 at Kmart or Target. I have Clear & someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I see it's not called Sheer on the website. There are also shades Shimmer & Corrective Yellow. I definitely need to pick up Shimmer because anyone who knows me knows I'm obsessed with glitter!

With regards to the packaging, it could be better. Despite there being a twist-top, this gets messy. The powder is so fine that is kind of leaves a light layer of itself all over the box. I didn't throw away the sponge applicator inside, but I don't use it because I have dark skin & I did find that it applied the powder a little too heavily for my liking, & my having dark skin doesn't help. I use a kabuki brush & a light hand so I don't wind up with a white film on my face.

Warning: flash photography is a nightmare with this powder on; it does leave a white cast

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder for keeping oil in check. I was a little worried that I would end up looking like Casper using a white powder, and I have to admit when it's freshly applied it does look quite pale but around 20 - 30 mins after application it seems to "settle in" and the white cast goes away. It does a better job of soaking up oil than many other powders I've used and it doesn't look heavy or cakey.

I've seen some pics of celebs who have been caught out with this powder - it seems it doesn't work too well with flash photography so you might want to avoid this if you'll be having your photo taken - I like it a lot for every day use and the price is pretty reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by WhatsUpButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My makeup bag will never again be complete without this. It's a perfect dupe for MUFE HD, and the price? Wow. I assume the people giving poor reviews are expecting this to do things it was never meant to do, add it does the job it's meant for incredibly well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by dearrachel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good lord do I love this product. I used to shell out lots of cash for the MUFE High Definition powder, but never again! This e.l.f. powder is a near-perfect dupe and a hell of a lot cheaper. It comes with a ton of product for the price, and one tin has lasted me over a year. I only use a small amount every day to set my under-eye concealer. It keeps my concealer in place all day without fading or oxidizing, and it never creases (a problem I always had with other powders). I usually use a small powder brush or a puff. I have used this powder before to set my entire face and it works well, especially for photography, but I just prefer to use my Neutrogena powder on a daily basis. Overall, a fantastic product similar to a high-end one, but for a better price. I already have a back-up waiting in my drawer, just in case!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by jahola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This powder gives my makeup an awesome finish and NO white cast surprisingly. Unfortunately my forehead and nose are very oily, so within 2-3 hours shine is already peeking through. But I could definitely see this working for people with skin not as oily as mine. I'll keep looking for my HG powder that will keep me matte all day, but for now I can deal with occasionally stopping at the bathroom to touch up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by angelinapink

So soft and nice to mix with colored powder and get the color you want.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Tiffyxoxo

Singapore did not have this till much later thanks to watsons! But even so, the price in us is so much different than in SG! In watsons, it costs 19.90 SGD. Luckily for me, I got it beforehand online for 12.50SGD. Even so.. I was quite disappointed considering it's not alot of product inside. Well at least not as much as I was convinced it was. I don't really like the powder puff too. Cause I much rather use my kaubuki brush instead. The puff takes too much of product too. I tried using the puff before and my makeup transferred to it... Which grosses me out for some odd reason but it's just me. My makeup does not seem to last any longer and it seems to to create a slight white cast if I put too much accidentally. Essentially it's just a dupe for mufe hd powder. However I will still stick with this till I find the setting powder for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by girleygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is basically a really good dupe for the MUF HD powder..it does exactly the same thing: makes face look flawlessly matte! Its translucent so its great for any skin color! If you are skeptical, just try it out..it's sold at Target for $6, if you don't like it, just return it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I so happened to run across this product while at Target and was like, NO! REALLY?! So I decided to pick it up, not much of a gamble for 6 dollars.

Let me tell you, this is some pretty amazing stuff. It is so smooth to the toucch and gives ur make up a nice finish. Usually I wear some sort of primer, or just my cocoa butter swivel stick as primer, then I use timted moisturizer, usually E.L.F Studio Tinted Moisturizer, then finish it off with this powder and all I can say is wow!

Aside from the packaging, I have no other complaints about it. I just empty it into another sifter jar

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only apply this to the inner cheeks (next to nose) as I got rather noticeable pores there but stopped using it as all over after finding it doesn't last long at all. Not bad, I only wish it wasn't expensive in Australia for a bulky product that seem to waste powder than store. Had to tape the holes down & pierced the tapes with a pin.