E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

This stuff is amazing. I used to do makeup for local models and a few weddings and when I had learned how to do makeup, HD powder hadn't been on the Scene yet. (yes I played kickball w Dinosaurs.) Anyhow reading reviews on this I decided 2 give it a try as sometimes my friends still ask me 2 do their makeup. I've never used HD powder b4 but I obviously. do understand quality makeup. This stuff is awesome. It's like a multi purpose powder. If u use it alone I Recommend a soft powder brush and blend well, but keep the sponge in the container so it doesn't get all over. The place. As the container makes it messy. But It works great as a highlighter, a conceler setter, if lightly used w a blending brush a great finisher. I've mixed a little of it Ground up w other Powders. (it makes the drugstore ones look much more high end. And high end ones even more silky.) it really is a multi purpose powder. It looks. Great on camera. Beautiful professional air brushed finish in every light I could test it on. I'm always looking for cheaper but extremely effective products to use. And I'm not even going to bother trying the higher end ones. Just make sure you. Blend. And enjoy. Hope I've helped.

I hate that I don't love this... I've been using it over my BB cream and concealer for about 3 weeks.

Cons:
It makes my oily skin look dry in patches, it emphasizes every itsy-bitsy teeny hair I have on my face, it somehow seems to cancel out my concealer and make redness more visible, the packaging is also messy.

Pros:
It's not expensive.

I'm trying to use it up in combination with other powders, because I hate wasting money (even $6)… but I would definitely not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like it! I haven't tried any other hd powder but I like this one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I did not like this powder at all it just did not work well with my skin however I love the packaging and the blotting sponge that comes with it! I've actually dumped out the powder and use other powders in the container that I like because I love the packaging so much. This powder really didn't do much for my skin at all and I never reached for it. I've always reach for other loose powders. I don't recommend this product at all. It didn't do anything special for me and it did leave my face looking a tad bit ashy and a little bit cakey but not heavily, I would spray my face with fix plus to eliminate that issue. But over all not a fan of this product. A definite thumbs down.

Great product for setting under the eyes. But you have to be very careful or the product will go everywhere. This can be very very messy but a lot of translucent powders are like that anyway.. For just 6 bucks it's a great buy. Great for people with oily skin, and for dry skin people I recommend using a little bit of this just for the eyes and to be careful with it. But overall a great product

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HOLY GRAIL! It gives me the best results! It doesnt leave a white cast or show up funny in pictures. I use the product about halfway through my makeup routine. (primer, foundation, lipliner, powder, then the rest) It keep me matte but not sooo matte that I look weird. I have tried the Makeup Forever hd powder and this one beats it out in my opinion. PLUS you cant beat the price

I have very oily skin, and found that this product didn't do much for me. It appeared sparkly and artificial on my skin. Definitely not invisible.

This is a great product. I typically use NYX HD setting powder but this is very close to being just as good. It is silky smooth and makes your makeup set nicely for atleast 4-5 hours with oily skin, which is pretty good if you're me and have an oil slick for a t-zone. Urban Decay makes a great powder like this but it's very pricey and this one is 6 dollars and VERY comparable. Give it a shot. You will be amazed.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Works well but i tend to like my BM mineral veil better. Both provides no coverage and controls oil

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of those products that if you have it, great! If you don't, you're not missing out.
The packaging is bad, it is an absolute mess trying to apply without getting everything around you white as well. If you apply too much you will look powdery/white so be careful of that.
This is a good product, however i would much sooner touch up with a translucent powder, with no mess and half the time required to be careful using this.
I also do not like how it feels on he face, it feels like i am wearing pounds of makeup and i personally do not like that
I will use it until it is gone, but i will not be repurchasing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials