Rimmel Volume Flash The Max

3.4

on 3/20/2012 1:54:00 AM

I got this mascara in a gift from a friend.

It's not terrible, and I can still make use of it by using it on occasion, but I definitely wont be repurchasing.

Packaging is cute, I like the pink colour and it's a standard mascara wand so no complaints there.

But I feel like this mascara does not curl, volumize, separate, hold or do anything good for my lashes other than coat them in black. Clumps get stuck in my eyelashes and it doesnt separate them well, especially being someone with short eyelashes that needs all the volume/curl/hold/separation I can get to make my eyelashes more enhanced.

I prefer Rimmel Sexy Curves SOOO much more than this. Even if you just look at the wand I'm sure you will understand what I mean... its just one big thick black thing with no fine bristles on the brush to comb your lashes and coat each one individually.

Would not recommend but I would recommend sexy curves, I like that one.

on 3/14/2012 11:55:00 PM

What a load of crap this was. I, too, was suckered into by this crappy product from a youtube guru and wow, what a disappointment this was. I applied one coat, it held for a minute, I applied two coats, it held for a few minutes, so I applied three...it only last an hour. You might as well rub shoe polish on your eyelashes because that's basically what this garbage does- it only shines your lashes. Where's the volume that it supposedly promised? I would have to say though, this was the only mascara that didn't irritate my eyes if it accidently wound up in my eye. But, other than that, it deserves to be in the garbage.

I'm surprised at how many negative reviews there are on this mascara. This is probably one of my all time favorite mascaras. It doesn't flake or smear, I love the brush, and this mascara makes my eyelashes soo thick without making them clump together.

on 1/11/2012 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So heres my deal- a youtube guru HIGHLY recommended this so I got it the other day and wore it for the first (and only time) yesterday. It didn't seem to do much at all. I used 3 coats and I was not happy with the results still. My lashes didn't really look thicker or more voluminous, just darker and kinda messy. Plus it clumped and got all over the bottom of my eyes after 2 hours at work. Woo. I hate writing bad reviews but I don't like this at all. Never using again prolly

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This mascara has a semi liquid formula with a decent sized bristle brush. It served perfectly as a volumizing mascara, no length. Although it flaked all around my eyes before my 3rd period P.E class at school, which definitely made it a huge miss.

on 10/29/2011 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This mascara is one of the best ive tried. it builds volume as soon as you apply it and it doesnt flake after a while
i wore it to a dance showcase and it stayed on without smudging or flaking so i guess it works :)
i got it on sale for $10 in australia (make up is ridiculously over priced here)
it makes my eyelashes look much longer if you curl it before and after

on 9/10/2011 7:58:00 PM

This prodict does make your lashes have more volume , however by the third ue it started clumping my lashes. It didnt make them long at all and most of tje mascara would clump at the bottom of my lashes. I used a leng lengthing mascara with it however it made my lashes feel heavy and gross. I dont reccomend buying this. Honestly it isnt good and eventually.its going to clump for you too. Save ur money and buy a different product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Rimmel London has great mascaras! I've used the regular volume flash mascara and that one's great too. My eyelashes look so much thicker and longer too! Since the tip is so big it'll be a problem for putting it on lower lashes. That wasn't an issue for me because I can't do it regardless -_- The only problem I had with this was that it flakes. I only put 1 application on and by the end of the day, I see flakes of mascara all under my eye! This is the only reason I wouldn't buy it again. Other people here don't seem to have a problem with that so someone could give this a product a try anyways.

on 8/28/2011 7:40:00 AM

I love this mascara - it does exactly what it says and I find it much better than a lot of the high end mascaras I've tried in the past. Gives great thick, black lashes. I've never had any problems with flaking or clumping as others have described.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is by far the most cheapest and accessible mascara I know of. And it's actually good. I live in Australia where cosmetics are ridiculously overpriced, and I managed to get this on sale from $15 at $10. It's marketed as a volumizing mascara, which it performs adequately in, but it isn't your L'Oreal voluminous. It's just one of those good quality, everyday, fail-proof mascaras. Nothing fancy or new, but still manages to tick all the boxes - provides ample volume, lengthens to an extent, and applies a rich black coating. I experienced absolutely no clumping or smudging, which is a HUGE must for me in any mascara. For the price, you can't go wrong. If I wasn't such a mascara junkie and constantly wanting to try something else, I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.