December 20, 2014 | 1360 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in White

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

Best primer on the market as of right now, hands down!!!! I own pretty much every primer on the market, high and low and this one is on top. It comes in a cream base, perfect in texture not being too oily like I find MAC's paint pots and can easily be spread on with your fingers working it onto my lid, crease and browbone. With this being a white base, you get soooo much more of a POP of color and it does shadows its justice and I get no creasing and my look stays put forever!! Shadows apply evenly and very easy to blend. You do not have to seek high end counters and pay a big dollar for an awesome base. For 6 dollars, you cant go wrong, this is my HOLY GRAIL and my everyday go to. AMAZING PRODUCT!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by brenda1962

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dear ladies who are saying this is NOT a primer. Here is what NYX describes their product "Maximize the intensity, longevity and unashamed brilliance of your eye shadow statements with our eye shadow primer pots. Each of the three NYX Eye Shadow Bases—for vibrant, pearl or neutral tones—creates a smooth canvas for color, increases its durability and prevents fallout." IT IS A PRIMER....some people call it a "base" and some call it a "primer"....either way....it's an awesome product.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this up from Ulta in my quest to find a drugstore-priced eyeshadow primer. I am very pleased with it. Don't use too much or it will crease -- otherwise, it just glides over my entire eye area perfectly. It does brighten my shadows -- particularly light or colored pigments. Not so much neutrals. I would have given this a 5 because I really do like this primer -- however, I have found other drugstore-priced primers that I love more and that have better packaging so I'm not sure I'd purchase it again. But I will continue to love it and wear it until it's gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by cookiecrumb

First off, I was using much more expensive prestige brands for eye primers (Urban Decay and the like) and just didn't want to put that much money into a primer this time around. Well, I ran into a BOGO 1/2 off sale for NYX, so I grabbed this little gem. It comes in 3 colors, Skin Tone, Pearl, and White. This one, the White, is great for making your shadows more vibrant as well as making them longer lasting and helping to reduce creasing. This primer is really thick and solid - a teeny bit goes a real long way. It's soft and silky on your lids, and odor-free. I have very sensitive skin, and my skin/eyes didn't get angry at all by wearing it (I've been wearing it almost daily for a month now). I wear it under loose, finely milled mineral shadows and liners, and even after long 12+ hour days, I see minimal fading and no creasing! If you try this product and see creasing, try to put less on - the first time that I did use this, I did use too much, and I did have a little creasing. Using a little less was perfect. The only thing that I'd ask from NYX is that they could maybe make the packaging a little different - perhaps wider so it's easier to get your finger in there if you do have nails.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cream comes in a little glass jar with a screw off plastic top. It is a solid white cream and is very thick similar to a cream eye shadow. I used my finger to apply this but I really dislike that method as it makes a mess on your finger and if you have long nails this product is hard to get out of the jar. It goes on white and smooths out well brightening and lightening your eye area. It is odorless and non stinging and even though it is a cream it seems to stay put and keeps shadow put too. I have used both cream and powder shadows over this and it works well for either one. It did help brighten the color and kept it in place without creasing or flaking off. I really like this product. I really don't like using my finger to get at it though. I'd buy this again but it isn't my favorite. This does work great though is just isn't a bargain at $7 when the ELF is only $1. Economics wins.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by austinxbradley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this primer since last summer, so almost a year.
At first it worked amazing, then slowly it stopped working.
It creases my eyeshadow super bad. I thought I might have been using too much so i thought I'd use less next time, same thing happened.
I use MAC, Urban Decay, & Milani eyeshadows. They never creased until a few months after i used this primer.
But, maybe my eyelids get too oily. Take a chance and buy it. It was just $6 at Chloes. It may work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by MissMelinda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this eyeshadow base about a month ago and I love it! My eyeshadow stays put and doesn't fade or crease :) I recommend it to all!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by alisasmir

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Grey

I see how some people are complaining that their eyeshadows were still creasing with this product. It is NOT a primer, it is simply a base that just makes your eyeshadow color stand out and keeps it in place. This product as long as I know doesnt promise to be crease proof. Yes, my eyeshadows crease with this one too, but that's where PRIMER comes in handy. Overall, I love this as a base! Makes any eyeshadow color pop and appear brighter. And, it does keep my eyeshadows in place, but doesnt prevent creasing. So this is why I probably wouldn't purchase it again, I find it better to use something like MAC paint pots, which is a base and a primer 2-in-1. But NYX eyeshadow base is a great great product tho!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually love NYX products, but the eyeshadow base was a bust for me. I have oily eyelids. Not overly oily but I need some sort of primer there to hold my e/s all day. This did not do it for me.

-Application: I used both my fingers and my ELF concealer brush. Both worked in spreading the product around but I preferred the brush because it seemed to apply it better.

-Wear: I would apply this in the morning then apply eyeshadow. While this did really intensify the color (which I loved about this) by the time after work my eyeshadow was creased horribly.

-Test: I wanted to see if this was just the NYX base or my eyelids. I put the NYX base on one eye and Too Faced Shadow Insurance on the other eye. By the end of the day, the Too Faced held up while the NYX was creased and eyeshadow was barely noticeable on that eye.

-Overall: The best thing about this was how it really intensified the colors of your eyeshadow. However, I do not think that is worth it especially if the NYX base doesn't stay. I will not be repurchasing this particular base from NYX.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by avastefani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this primer, but it just left my eyelids oily comparison to other primers.