July 29, 2014 | 1891 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

First of all, the color is AMAZING! I had it on my nails ,and now on my toes, and it looks good, especially if you're tanned. Even though its pricey (Essie, duh...), its worth it because the quality is excellent (lasts long), and i only needed one coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by triplet3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this one! It goes on perfectly in two coats ! The color is beautiful and it doesn't streak ! Ill buy another one when I'm getting low for sure !

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

As beautiful of a color as this is, I've given up trying to make it work for me. I have close to 50 Essie polishes, and this one has the worst wear for me. Even with my favorite base and top coats, I can't get it to last any more than a day. It goes on beautifully, without streaks and opaque in two coats. But for the life of me I can't get it to last withuot chipping. I think maybe I just got a bad bottle because most other rewviews about the wear time are fabulous. Otherwise, the color is perfect. Clean and crisp.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by strawberry5756

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mint nail polish of any brand. I have close to twenty different mint color polishes from high end brands to low. This one is hands down my go to mint. It applies smoothly with no streaks. Opaque in two coats. It is flattering with my skin tone & is very subtle. It will last almost 10 days for me with a top coat. I would definitely re-purchase this if I was running low.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by anacelia13

This nail polish is the prettiest mint color I've ever seen! Its so stunning and i use it all the time. I heard about it from Bethany Mota on YouTube. I dont generally wear greenish nail polish but i decided to give it a try and i love it! the only problem i have with this nail polish is that it cracks. like i see dark lines on the nail polish, and then when i bend my nail, the nail polish sort of seperates and it doesnt stay together as a whole. it breaks off into little section and splits. that really bothers me. but other than that i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Femmeboi

This is my all-time favorite nail polish color. It's not quite a cinderella blue, nor a mint chocolate chip ice cream green. Rather, It's a beautiful mint turquoise, the perfect swatch between the two, and it has a gorgeous creamy finish. It's a timeless tint that I suspect would compliment many skin tones. It's makes me so happy to look down at my hands and see this color light up on my fingertips. Although it was released as a winter color, I wear it year round and I consider it a classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by xXgoaXx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think I can understand why it took me so long to get my hands on this nail polish. It's amazing. The color is beautiful and perfect for spring and summer, but honestly I think I'll wear it all year round. I had heard about this nail polish from reviews on the internet so I decided "Why not?"
So happy I did! Essie is a good quality drugstore nail polish brand I find from using their nail polishes before. The only problem I had with this nail polish is that it took a few coats to get it as opaque as I wanted it to, but otherwise, it's perfect. So overall I recommend this color, but I will warn you that it took me about five trips to all different drugstores to find a bottle, and the one I found was the very last one. Wow!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by gottalovelzzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing! The color is bright and beautiful. The polish isn't streaky or runny. It is absolutely perfect. Essie makes top and base coats too and apricot cuticle oil (which I really want to try) but I wish they made complete salon manicure coats like Sally Hansen. That's the only thing I wish was different about it. Essie is perfect and has really cute shades but sometimes they're overpriced and they need top and base coats. I just use a Sally Hansen top and base coat with any other brand polish like Essie.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

This is the first nail polish color that has gotten my heart racing in a long time. (the last one was NARS trouville but that was a disaster. worst formulation EVER). My younger sister was wearing this last week and I couldn't stop staring at her nails. I couldn't tell if if was a pale, pastel blue that she was wearing or some sort of minty pastel. Either way they were gorgeous and totally stood out in a sophisticated and fun summer way. I finally asked her what color it was (PRAYING she would remember) and she did. She also said "this is sold out EVERYWHERE". No!!!!!

I have been too busy until this evening to try to hunt it down but I saw that ULTA online had it so I knew I could snag a bottle if no drug store in my area had a bottle. But luckily the first CVS I went to had 3 left. (and yes I got them all). Its so funny because in the bottle this does not look like anything special. It looks super pale and boring. I never would have purchased this had I not seen my sister wearing it.

As others have said, its not the easiest to apply because of the pastel color. (for some reason pastel colors are sort of streaky and watery.). However compared to NARS pastel polishes (which cost 3x as much) this was a walk in the park. I had to be very careful to get the application even and paint very slowly and methodically but I did manage to get each nail even with only 2 coats. which i was very happy about because I really didn't want to stay up until 2 am waiting for 3 coats of nail polish to dry.

There were some teeny imperfections because of a couple of touch ups that i did when I nicked a few nails but using Sally Hanson mega shine top coat completely evened all of that out. Except for the few places where this is accidentally touching my cuticles, it looks like I just had a professional manicure. But for less than half the price!

I love this color. Its the perfect summer 2013 color. (to me this is the summer of blue and green nails....)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

I really like this colour but I do hate Essie. The formulation is streaky and doesn't dry. The brush is skinny and cheep. Lilly Pad by Coastal Scents is a perfect dupe and cheeper alternative and I dislike both brands equally.