September 20, 2014 | 1881 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

By far one of the most horrific products I have ever used. The colour base is sure to sap your lips of any moisture. The clear gloss stick has little to no function and while it feels much more comfortable on the lips, it also has no moisturizing power. When applied, the lipstick immediately sinks into all the crevices on your lips and sets that way. Frankly, I don't even care how long this lipstick lasts because I'd want it on my lips for as little time as possible. Yuck. Regular lipstick blows this garbage out of the water. It takes 30 seconds to reapply lipstick so I will be sticking with my MAC lovelies til the end of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by muaKissAndMakeUp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first "long-lasting" lipstick that hasn't disappointed me! I've tried many lipsticks that claimed to last for hours, and this lipcolor is the first one that actually delivered.

Covergril Outlast really does what it says: it lasts all day, through breakfast, lunch and dinner. I put it on in the morning, go about my day (which is seriously NOT lipstick-friendly) and I need waterproof remover to take it off again before going to mad, it's THAT good :-)

You need to apply the lipcolor first, let it dry for 60 seconds and then apply the topcoat. The lipcoat on its own feels pretty sticky and uncomfortable, so the first 60 seconds you might be like: uh oh, what is this... But as soon as you put on the topcoat, your lips will feel nice and smooth and comfortable.

After a few hours you'll probably start seeing a few lines here and there, but it's nothing that a fresh layer of topcoat can't fix.

This is definitely my go-to lipstick if I need my lipstick to last all day! I have it in Nude and Eternal Flame, and I'll definitely buy more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by heartunes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

COVER GIRL OUTLAST LIPSTICK is the best lipstick in the world. I love the color called EVERREDDY. It keeps me from ever having chapped lips. It goes great with my dark-colored hair. I do not use the lip gloss that goes with it. If it does wear off, I just reapply. I remember; when I was young, and thought my mother's red lips were weird. I have the red lips now, and I love them. The best thing about the product is it protects the skin integrity of your lips. The second best thing about the product is it gives color to a flesh-colored world. lol I give the lip gloss part of it away to others being both men, women, and children for chap stick. 10/10 to me=COVER GIRL OUTLAST LIPSTICK. I feel naked without it on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was ok....I have tried this, loreal's and revlons lipcolors and they have all been pretty similar...So far revlons is the best and I do however like revlons double ended tubes better (gloss on one end and lipcolor on other) for convenience and covergirls balm is moisturizing and tastes/smell good but lasts like 2 seconds.

So if youre gonna use these id suggest toting around your fav lipbalm to use over it to reapply constantly because this lipcolor definitely feels drying.

This one is very flakey after about an hour and it feels like you have dryed paint on your lips thats starting to come off haha. I dont like it. I reccommend revlon's version its a million times better in every way!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It does what it promises, and that is outlasting everything. I like the idea that it gives a very defined lip outline, and the color stays vibrant all day. The only thing that I dislike, quite a bit, is how dry it gets. I find that I use the balm it comes with way faster than I use the lipstick - so I'm left with a tube of drying lipstick with no balm. I find that using just a regular chapstick over top is ok. It really does last until you take it off, and taking it off can be quite the challenge sometimes. I wont buy it again simply because I hate the drying, it feels very uncomfortable.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by IrishAnesthetist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried all the long lasting lip products and for me this works the best. I put it on at 5:00 a.m. and its still on at 5:00 p.m. I work in the operating room and not only does this not come off on my coffee cup rim but it also does not come off on my mask that I wear across my face for sometimes hours at a time. It does get dry and flakey later in the day but if I apply the clear coat over it after lunch etc that doesnt happen. I have tried the others but this lasts the longest for me....and I have it in several colors. The only one that has come this close is the one made by Almay. This stuff survives eating, showering, swimming and drinking.....I am sure its packed with parabens which I hate....but I dont think I can live without this stuff. I use it every single day and my lips are almost white so I look dead without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Pinky137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Revlon wins the battle of drugstore longwearing lipsticks with Maybelline at a close second. I have worn two-step longwearing lipsticks for years and liked them. Now every brand makes them and there are so many options! I recently had a horrid episode with the most awesome red (a discontinued Rimmel lippie) so I decided to take a bunch of reds and compare them to see what formula was the best.

My main reasons for wearing long-wearing lipsticks are:
- a defined lipline that doesnít smudge
- constant color is convenient
- no transfer to objects or to the rest of my face (I must be crazy; I roll my lips around and then find cream lipstick in little stripes all around my chin)

I get the negative effects, which are:
- pilling, peeling, cracking, and flaking
- touch-ups are impossible; you must remove lipstick and reapply

For coloring, I am probably NW-10, wear Chanel BR-10, am pale with very cool undertones, and have auburn hair and blue-green eyes. I chose the reds based on store availability and what I thought might look good on me. I wore them separately and then side-by-side on days I wasnít leaving the house to see how they compared. I tested the lippies for 10 hours because experience has taught me that if I need the lippie to go past 10 hours, Iím better taking it off and reapplying a new coat.

Application: I figured out I canít use a lipbrush on these or they freak out. I used a thin, tapered brush to line my lips only and then apply the color with the built-in applicator in one coat that is thick enough to cover opaquely, but no thicker. I never apply in thin layers, because the lipcolor flakes and cracks much more quickly.

Tested were:

- Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor in Forever Scarlet
o the hands-down winner
o easiest to apply: it is thinner, so easier to line and blend the lip in with the line.
o wore the best and the longest (10 hours)
o the best topcoat: this is the only one with a gloss. Balms made the lipcolor look more like cream lipstick, which I liked, but the gloss was far better at covering lines in the mouth and making worn lipstick look fresh
o the best packaging: both parts in one tube, not ugly, workable
o Color: Forever Scarlet pulled a reddish hot pink on me, and I liked it.
o WOULD BUY AGAIN IN THIS AND OTHER COLORS

- Maybelline 24 Hour Colorstay in Keep up the Flame
o close-second
o not as easy to apply as Revlon: thicker, hard to get an even coat, hard to blend lipline in with lip
o wore practically as well as Revlon for as long (10 hours)
o the topcoat isnít as great as Revlon: this is a balm which looks great when lipstick is new, but canít hide problems as the day goes on
o the packaging needs improvement: the balm and lipcolor are in one tube, but the balm falls out.
o Color: Keep up the Flame appeared to be a dark red with some blue and brown, but it was too dark and brown on me. My husband asked why I was wearing purple lipstick, so maybe it was purple, too. For a color that dark, my coloring needs a true plum.
o WOULD BUY AGAIN BUT ONLY IN DIFFERENT COLORS

- LíOreal Infallible Lipcolor in Beyonce Red
o third place
o easy to apply
o flakes immediately but can only wear for 3-4 hours without the flaking becoming a serious issue
o topcoat is okay: this is a balm and canít hide problems
o packaging is okay but ugly: the balm and the lipcolor are housed in this weird container.
o Color: Beyonce Red wore as a true red on me. I liked it, but it wasnít anything special.
o WOULD ONLY BUY AGAIN IF I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE COLOR AND WOULD WEAR IT FOR 3 HOURS MAX. IíLL PROBABLY NEVER BUY AGAIN.

- Cover Girl Outlast All Day Lipcolor in Ever Red-dy
o last place for sure
o difficult to apply
o doesnít flake right away, but flakes an outrageous amount at 3 hours
o topcoat okay, basic balm
o packaging annoying with two separate tubes
o Color: Ever Red-dy wore as a true red on me, maybe a bit less blue than LíOrealís Beyonce Red. I liked it a little better than Beyonce Red as it seemed richer. Itís a good color.
o WOULD NEVER BUY AGAIN.

Also tested was:

- Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Lipcolor in Tomato Red
o this is a one-step lipcolor, not a two step. I played with this for a while until I got it to work. I did figure it out.
o As a lipcolor: this is far too dry to use without a balm, too soft to use with a balm, and I had a hard time getting an even coat with this. I didnít realize how much I relied on the second step to fudge over my paint job until I tried this.
o As a lipstain: I lined my naked lips with this using a thin, tapered brush, then smeared the lipline into my lips. The result is the absolute sheerest, barest lipcolor. If I need lipbalm, I top it with a wax-based balm like Carmex. This made my lips look completely naked with natural color. It lasted forever. I wore it for 3 hours, went to sleep, and then wore it for 7 hours before I had to absolutely wash my face. I applied balm twice, and my lips rocked the entire time. You can use a balm first, but it doesnít last as long and looks more like a colored balm than natural lips.
o Color: Top Tomato was beautiful both as a lipcolor and as a stain. As a stain, it looked like I have rosey lips. My lips are naturally blue-mauve.
o I WOULD BUY THIS AGAIN IN THIS AND OTHER COLORS, BUT ONLY FOR USE AS A STAIN, NOT A LIPCOLOR. I WOULD ALSO USE AS A LIQUID BLUSH.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by jenniferhearts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this to have my red lips last all night on Halloween. Through beer drinking, eating a burger, fries, and kissing my husband, it lasted all night. I did have to reapply the gloss stick to make it look fresher, but the red lips lasted through my sleep and the next morning. I would say it was difficult to come off. I rubbed it with a towel and face wash for a minute or two and it came off but left a red tint. Not sure why it doesn't work for some reviewers here...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by LarkBea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Outlast works very well for me. Contrary to others' experiences, it doesn't dry out or flake on me and really lasts all day if applied as directed. I also like the shades (blushed mauve-550 is perfect for my skin tone and hair color, but other shades in the mauves/berries and pinks/roses work well, too).

The only con I can think of is that I wish the topcoat and color were packaged in one applicator instead of separate tubes.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Floradanica