December 18, 2014 | 1664 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by goldilocks5

I am a big fan of this type of long lasting lip product that goes on wet and dries to last a long time. I use it like people do lip liner when they want to outline their thin lips to look a little fuller. I also fill in the entire lip. In my experience this last longer than any lip liner I've used. I have tried similar products by revlon and maybelline and can not say this is better or worse. I bought shade 625 sun kissed because of the color. I chose this brand over others because the cover-girl version of this shade doesn't have the metallic finish. I often use this a base coat under Rimmel's Wild Clover lip liner, which is a close color match, and it gives my lips a more traditional creamy, though matte, appearance. Some times I top with gloss. I love the look and how long it lasts. It would be nice if the tube with color was bigger for the price they charge. I wish more non-metallic/shimmer shades were offered.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I read the negative reviews and know, that in most cases, it's not the product but the application which has a bit of a learning curve to it. I've been using this since it came out and the original Permatone product: MaxFactor Lipfinity before that. Proctor and Gamble (owned MF and owns CG)

Here's how I have been applying it.

Take the doe foot out of the color tube and scrape off most of the product, then outline and then fill in with one thin layer. (Play around with it and find out how much you need to cover your lips but do not apply more color, wait another day to try again.) The next step is crucial! Don't put your lips together. Keep them apart until the product dries at least 3-5 minutes. I usually put the color on, put my mascara on and then apply the clear topcoat.
Do apply on clean dry lips. Don't apply it too thick. Don't blot your lips. Don't put on the top coat to early. I promise there will be no flaking or balling up of the product if applied correctly. Also use the top coat that comes with it. Any lip balms with Vaseline or mineral oil will take this right off.

If you follow these steps and practice you will have long wearing lip color that lasts for 6 -8 hours easily, with no transfer onto anything or anyone and the shade you put on will stay that way without turning into some other hue. (Now it isn't a tattoo so If you eat, drink and swim all in one day it will get lighter but it won't disappear!) I stopped wearing "regular lipstick, lipgloss etc. Since I have been using this my lips are not as dried out as when I used traditional lipstick and I use it on days that I'm staying in for that reason. I keep a top coat in my bag for reapplying when needed. For removal like I said anything with mineral oil or vaseline, or just leave it on and by the next day it's gone.

Outlast has the best selection of colors and there is at least one for everyone! I have back-stock of this stuff. Mac came out with it's version of this and it's good, but for twice the money. Maybelline is good but this is better. Once I got the hang of applying I learned how to mix colors, apply with my finger for a "stain" look, and even reapply (if needed) where the color started to fade.

For me this has been one of the best inventions in cosmetics. Give it a shot and maybe you'll feel the same.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by brimariemac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am IN LOVE with this product!! I have it in Ever Red-dy, and it is the perfect red lip product! It doesn't transfer, it has great lasting power, and you don't even have to use a lip liner! Also, if your lips start to feel dry during the day, all you have to do is apply the moisturizing topcoat that comes with it, and you're ready to go! I can not explain how thankful I am that this product exists. I love red lipstick, but I could never find one that didn't bleed, that I didn't need a lip liner for, and that didn't transfer, but this product is perfect. I will definitely be repurchasing this in the future. I might even stock up on it. I love it that much. I very highly recommend this product if you are looking for the perfect lip color that will stay on for a long time and will not transfer. I even slept overnight with it on, and when I woke up, it was still on my lips and nowhere on the pillowcase or sheets. I love love love this product. My favorite lip color product out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by linda3365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so disappointed. I like a lipstick to last quite awhile like this one advertises it does. Shoot, I've had regular old tube lipsticks that lasted way longer than this. I actually threw them away after a few uses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by velvetgirl

This is my first Outlast lipstick by CG and I bought it in Plum Berry, which is a deep wine color. I don't know if all the lipsticks in this line are like the Plum Berry or not, but this does last a looong time. I don't know if I would say 16 hours long but it did stay on much much longer than any other lipstick. It is really important to FOLLOW the directions. Mine say not to rub lips together when applying and to wait one minute before applying the top coat. It will last much longer and wear much nicer when these directions are followed.

This is hard to explain but when it comes to applying it, it was really like "painting" my lips and I had to pay attention to get every part of my lip. This starts to stain your lips as soon as you put it on. You can't just press your lips together and think that will cover any areas of your lip you may have missed. You have to paint the color on and when I opened my mouth to talk I could see it's important to get the inside of the lip if that makes sense. Usually if I get lipstick on the inner side of my lip it ends up on my teeth but this isn't like normal lipstick...it's a stain. you have to paint the lipstick on all the way to the corners of your lip. If you do apply some of the color on your lips and then press them together to smooth it out you will spread the color and it will look fine at first, but these areas will be the first to fade and it may fade funny. So paint your WHOLE lip and don't press your lips together wait the 60 seconds and then put on the clear lip balm. At least that's my tip for the real dark stains.

As for dryness, I have really really dry lips so this was a major concern for me and really one of the reasons I didn't jump to try this when it first came out. However I was really surprised at how not dry my lips were while wearing this. Infact I have it on now, I put it on about 6 hours ago and haven't reapplied the balm once. I really don't feel like I need to either. The color is perfect too, it looks just like it did when I put it on. All I ate so far though was a bowl of cereal. I'm looking forward to trying this in other colors. I wish I tried these sooner!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by silkpuppet

By far one of the most horrific products I have ever used. The colour base is sure to sap your lips of any moisture. The clear gloss stick has little to no function and while it feels much more comfortable on the lips, it also has no moisturizing power. When applied, the lipstick immediately sinks into all the crevices on your lips and sets that way. Frankly, I don't even care how long this lipstick lasts because I'd want it on my lips for as little time as possible. Yuck. Regular lipstick blows this garbage out of the water. It takes 30 seconds to reapply lipstick so I will be sticking with my MAC lovelies til the end of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by muaKissAndMakeUp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first "long-lasting" lipstick that hasn't disappointed me! I've tried many lipsticks that claimed to last for hours, and this lipcolor is the first one that actually delivered.

Covergril Outlast really does what it says: it lasts all day, through breakfast, lunch and dinner. I put it on in the morning, go about my day (which is seriously NOT lipstick-friendly) and I need waterproof remover to take it off again before going to mad, it's THAT good :-)

You need to apply the lipcolor first, let it dry for 60 seconds and then apply the topcoat. The lipcoat on its own feels pretty sticky and uncomfortable, so the first 60 seconds you might be like: uh oh, what is this... But as soon as you put on the topcoat, your lips will feel nice and smooth and comfortable.

After a few hours you'll probably start seeing a few lines here and there, but it's nothing that a fresh layer of topcoat can't fix.

This is definitely my go-to lipstick if I need my lipstick to last all day! I have it in Nude and Eternal Flame, and I'll definitely buy more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by heartunes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

COVER GIRL OUTLAST LIPSTICK is the best lipstick in the world. I love the color called EVERREDDY. It keeps me from ever having chapped lips. It goes great with my dark-colored hair. I do not use the lip gloss that goes with it. If it does wear off, I just reapply. I remember; when I was young, and thought my mother's red lips were weird. I have the red lips now, and I love them. The best thing about the product is it protects the skin integrity of your lips. The second best thing about the product is it gives color to a flesh-colored world. lol I give the lip gloss part of it away to others being both men, women, and children for chap stick. 10/10 to me=COVER GIRL OUTLAST LIPSTICK. I feel naked without it on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was ok....I have tried this, loreal's and revlons lipcolors and they have all been pretty similar...So far revlons is the best and I do however like revlons double ended tubes better (gloss on one end and lipcolor on other) for convenience and covergirls balm is moisturizing and tastes/smell good but lasts like 2 seconds.

So if youre gonna use these id suggest toting around your fav lipbalm to use over it to reapply constantly because this lipcolor definitely feels drying.

This one is very flakey after about an hour and it feels like you have dryed paint on your lips thats starting to come off haha. I dont like it. I reccommend revlon's version its a million times better in every way!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It does what it promises, and that is outlasting everything. I like the idea that it gives a very defined lip outline, and the color stays vibrant all day. The only thing that I dislike, quite a bit, is how dry it gets. I find that I use the balm it comes with way faster than I use the lipstick - so I'm left with a tube of drying lipstick with no balm. I find that using just a regular chapstick over top is ok. It really does last until you take it off, and taking it off can be quite the challenge sometimes. I wont buy it again simply because I hate the drying, it feels very uncomfortable.