December 21, 2014 | 892 users online

BB Cream - Etude - Etude House Precious Mineral All Day Strong BB Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Lovelocked

Firstly, this product is quite expensive where I come from thus I would consider it a medium to high-end brand since it is simply a bit cheaper than buying from MAC.
I would not consider buying this product again for various reasons

For its price, it is not very worth it. I bought the darkest shade, 3, but it was still too light for me. I actually loved the finish it gave after it had set for a few minutes and I topped it with a darker shade of powder. I'm a NW30 - NC35 for reference. However, what I cannot stand about this product is the wrinkly texture it seems to give to the skin! The product sits into the nooks and crannies of my skin and makes me look as if I aged 20 years. It does not sit well especially on my dryer areas of my face and starts to flake.

I tried the product on my mother who is about an NW25 and it had given her the same wrinkly texture and made her look like a ghost. I'm terribly disappointed because I had expected better from Etude House and the quality of BB creams. This was my first BB cream and I hope to find better ones around.

The pros are that it has quite good staying powder once it has been set. It is also extremely lightweight on the skin and I love that about the product. I will recommend this to someone who is willing to spend a bit more money and who has good skin already. The product is runny and you will have to control the pump because most of the time the product squirts out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by leac21

I used to wear BB cream all the time (MISSHA) and was fairly satisfied with both color and coverage. I thought I would try something new so I looked into this product. It is BY FAR the WORST BB cream I have ever used!

Within a week, I broke out like crazy all over my chin. And I'm talking about painful, huge, cystic acne. I was even breaking out in places that I've never had pimples (cheeks, between my brows).

Feels super thick on your face and everyone told me that I looked cakey. Becomes oily after about 1 hour.

I will never buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by koreancosmeticsaddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bb cream because it's coverage is amazing!
People say they feel this bb cream is too thick, this is because you don't apply bb cream like a foundation.
you're only supposed to put on 1 layer on your entire face and only pack on the layers where coverage is needed.

The price for this bb cream is quite steep. This bb cream is the bestseller bb cream of etude house so I really don't mind the price. Packaging is very well done, it's a bottle with the pump below so it'll be easier to pump the product out even when you're running low on it. However, I do find that the pump can only give either really small amounts of product or one big squirt. (the product sometimes squirts out flying)

I do notice that my dark spots have faded after using this product. I use #2 which is supposedly for dry skin but doesn't oil me up at all. I find that this cream is not that buildable because it leaves a grey cast but it's fine for me because it already has amazing coverage.

Overall, i would repurchase this product again simply because the bb cream has amazing coverage and doesn't make my combination-oily skin a greaseball.
This bb cream is already discontinued and the new version is called the BB Bright Fit BB Cream.
They say the pump has improved on that version so I will give it a try once I finish this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by delicatepost

I hate this product, what a waste...

BAD THINGS ABOUT THIS PRODUCT.
wayyyy too cakey and thick, am I applying clay? it's too thick!
hard to blend, I really tried my best to blend this and look like a snowman.
colour is way too pale, Im NC20 and this is way too light for me!!

The other one with no primer in is wonderful but this?! this has primer in too and it's just way too much for this product.. chuck

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Vinid

I don't like it. It makes my oily skin much more oily and my cheeks are dry.

It has quite fine color and shining finish, which is OK on cheeks (but not in T zone! (T_T).

Pros:
- price!
- package (pump is nice solution)
- shining finish

Cons:
- not for oily skin!
- allergic (?)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this bb cream doesn't have much oil-control at all, the coverage and finish make it one of my favorites.

I know some people consider this for a sheer, natural look, but I don't think that's really going to work out with this. I mean, of course you can do light applications and everything, but if you want a natural look (with some coverage), Skin79's hot pink is a better choice (not that it's the best -- I don't use anything that gives only a sheer look so I can't help with that). A light layer of this compared to a light layer of Skin79? This looks way more make-upy.

In any case, you can definitely layer and get amazing coverage. It comes with such a pretty, (dewy!) flawless finish that blurs your pores and makes you look super smooth. As I mentioned earlier, you won't really see any oil-control. It doesn't contribute to oiliness, though, and doesn't make me break out. Also, I don't see any grey cast and although this is white, I think it's still workable as long as you're at least medium-fair.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by hapavanityqueen

I have the #1 Sheer Silky Skin one for oily skin. Unfortunately, I was very, very disappointed with this product. I had high hopes after seeing many reviews on it online about how "great" it was. I decided to take the plunge. I have tried many different BB creams including Skin79 VIP Gold & Hot Pink(fav), Skinfood Aloe(another fav), Mushroom, Red bean,Missha Perfect Cover, Peripera I love Light, Lioele Triple the Solution, BRTC Jasmine water & Blemish recovery balm(another fav), and Dr. Jart Silver Label (another fav)and I am sad to say that this one is my LEAST favorite of the bunch.
It comes in a VERY pretty box, and i was so excited when I opened it. It looks so ladylike and elegant. From then on it goes downhill. The tube itself is okaaayyy looking. It looks pretty plain, and the pump a thin plastic is not fun to deal with. The bottle screams cheap! The product itself is very runny. It has a very watery consistency, almost reminds me of a liquid foundation. The color is tad on the orange side, a tad too dark for my NW15 skin tone, and it doesn't adjust, so it just stays that color all day long. I think if you're between NW 20-NW25 it might work for you. The smell is really subtle. It does not smell like anything, maybe medicine?
As far as benefits go, I would not say that I noticed any regenerating, moisturizing, or whitening properties that this BB cream (and most REAL BB creams) advertise. It did cover very well, but it just felt like any old foundation that you slab on your face, and I felt like I was wearing a mask! I have used many BB creams that are a heavier texture, such as Skin79 or BRTC, and I don't mind that at all, because I could feel my skin getting the moisturization and nutrition that it needs. This, on the other hand, was a lighter texture yet when it went on, felt like it was suffocating my skin. It clogs my pores and looks cakey. Every time I wear this, my Mom yells at me telling me I have too much foundation on! >_< ugh! Well, I most definitely won't be purchasing this again. I don't know what I'm going to do with 60g of this... I normally am very positive when it comes to BB creams, but this one just did not do it for me. BOTTOM LINE: CHEAP! very disappointed with it:(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by enticx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This broke me out, but if it doesnt I would have liked it very much.

THe coverage is simply marvelous, I have acne scars and can cover them without a concealer.

To read more reviews on asian makeup visit asia.facekitt.com.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by curtainshrew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product after Martina's reviews on Eat Your Kimchi. I'm not a big make up wearer but was interested when she said BB cream was lighter and easier to wear than foundation.

So this was the first one I bought! I bought it in the lightest shade because I'm really pale. It is maybe slightly too light even for me, but I just wear it with a slightly darker powder to compensate. It feels really nice on, very light and it easy to blend. I bought it on Ebay and it was a reasonable price, around £8.

The only bad point is that after 2-3 hours my T zone does start to get pretty oily and after 4-5 hours it starts coming off! I do have a very oily T zone though. I use powder with it and blotting sheets. I don't think I would buy it again because of this and I'm now looking for a BB cream more suitable to oily skin.

It would be great for normal skin type though!

To sum up...

Positives -
* Price - Inexpensive
* Texture - Light and blendable
* Colour - 4 to choose from!

Negatives -
* Not for oily skin!
* Colour - Lightest is too light even for vampires like me!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Novemberbeetle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought two shades, W24 Honey Beige and W15 Sand Beige which are suitable for darker or tanned skin tones.
Since I bought them directly in Korea it was pretty cheap (no shipping costs etc.) and it is a very popular brand here.

Sadly I have more negative experiences than positive ones.
First, I thought that I finally found a great BB cream with the right shade (not too light!) but no.
After applying the BB cream it looks ok first but two to three hours later it turns dark, almost orange, like crazy.
The lighter shades do not turn darker so I can't even switch to another cream.
And regardless if I use fingers, sponge or brush it simply doesn't blend well.
Together with fixing powder it doesn't look like a flawless finish but more like a cakey mask.

Here's my Pro/Con list:

PRO
- Good choice of colors (4 shades)
- Good coverage

CON
- Breakouts on the chin
- Oxidates very fast
- Greasy feeling
- Turns oily after 2-4 hours
- Makes certain spots on the skin flakey & dry
- clogged pores
- Pump is uncontrollable, I never get the desired amount out if it.

This BB cream might be suitable in winter or cooler countries; I would repurchase it but due to the breakouts I won't.