September 23, 2014 | 1584 users online

Crème - Illuminare - Extra Coverage Foundation/ Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by lipz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This took me several times to really love this product. Now I think it's all I'll ever wear. My face does not react to this at all...no breakouts! I'm using the second lightest shade and it seems to be a good match. My application method is basically how they advertise to apply it on their website. I do go over a few spots for extra concealing. I top this off with Aveda's loose powder and sometimes a touch of bronzer. I do find that I get a tad "dewy" looking throughout the day and usually just blot it away. I'm actually liking the dewy look as its not oily or greasy and this foundation feels like nothing on my skin, even after hours of wear...which by the way, it wears very well for many hours. I don't get the dehydrated feel/look as with powder mineral makeup. This is truely great stuff! If at first you don't like it, try it with different moisturizers/application methods and just play around with it, you may change your mind like I did!
EDIT 5-31-09 ~ HG foundation! I'm loving it...may try a powder foundation for days I just want to swipe something on quickly, but this is my everday work/evening/going out foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This used to be my HG , its great that it doesn't clog pores but a big drawback is that is seperates and needs touch up around oily areas. The color selection is not that great either and I had to mix this in order to make it work for me, I have since switched to shu eumura face architect cream and like it better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This one had me really wishing i was (fully) caucasian at first... I'm somewhere around NC30-35 (though, it's been awhile and i've gotten pretty pale since then), and these colors had me feeling pretty pissed in the beginning. Now that i've found the perfect combo (1part Portifino P in exta coverage and .75 part Seinna Sun in Ultimate finish), i think i'm hooked; it's barely been 2 weeks but holy crap! My skin is looking gorgeous!
Even if you're not into minerals (i'd given up on them) you should check this out; it offers full coverage and it actually looks natural. I was nervous about the way it felt at first; it reminded me of Neutragena sunblock and i was afraid my skin wouldnt be able to "breathe", but wow; i'm currently acne free! I think it's because i've finally stopped using all that concealer (i was a big fan of the heavy stick kind), and all that other crap (foundation+ mineral powder) to cover everything up. Now i just use the combo i mentioned above with portifino p (in extra coverage) as a concealer, and it covers everything without looking obvious! My only complaints are for the limited colors (they really need fix that) and the fact that when i use only extra coverage it gets really shiny within an hour and tends to rub off when i blot.
P.S. I started using Aveeno Ultra Calming foaming cleanser (am and pm) around the same time that i started using this, and i think it deserves the credit for the change in texture of my skin (so much smoother, and it glows!). Sorry, i know everybody's skin is different, (plus, this is supposed to be a review for the make-up), but i've seen such a significant change in my skin since i started using both of them that i had to mention it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lbgreeley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered the sample selection of this product. I used it as an under eye concealer today. It covers really nicely. It's highly pigmented and very creamy. It doesn't stretch the delicate skin around my eyes or accentuate my fine lines. It seems slightly greasy so I'm not sure how it would hold up as an all over foundation on my combination skin. I will try it though and update. I think it may be best suited for normal or dry skinned gals.

My skin is fair with yellow undertones and Portofino Porcelain is a perfect match.

EDIT: I tried this as an all over foundation. The coverage is beautiful. The texture is creamy and feels good on my skin. It looks very natural and fresh. Unfortunately, it separated and started to looked less fresh very quickly. I put it on at 9am and by noon my face was shiny and the foundation was starting to lift on my oily chin. I set it with both Laura Geller oil control powder and Coty Airspun. It held up better than many other foundations It is far from being my HG. I'll try it with my a primer and see if it helps.

EDIT: Tried this with a primer. No better. Such a shame! The makeup is beautiful. It would be perfect if it would keep the oilies away a bit longer. I put it on today and had a greasy chin in less than an hour. Back to Max Factor Pan Cake for me. It's the only one that combats oil on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 3:07:00 AM More reviews by britnay_77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

wow, hands doen the best product I have ever come across. What more can I say... 100% coverage with fantastic blending... and here's the best part IT DOESN"T LOOK LIKE A MASK... heck it doesn't look like you are wearing anything at all. Iove this as a concealer and a foundation as well, I am so grateful to illuminare for cutting the crap (no fancy packaging here) and delivering a truly wonderful and functional product. I <3<3<3<3<3<3 it :P

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by AnyaB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried all the powdered MMU's out there and while some are better than others, none of them give me the perfect finish that Illuminare does. I've got mature combination skin and am quite pale, so the Portifino Porcelain finish is a perfect match for me. Another reason to buy this product is the SPF21 factor - saves adding another layer of product and waiting for it to penetrate before applying foundation.
As others have said, a very little of the product goes a long way. Less than a pea size amount is enough to give full coverage, and their applicator pad takes only seconds to apply. I also bought the matching blush and the combination of the two gives me a lovely natural looking finish. I should also add, that this foundation doesn't settle in fine lines and pores, unlike most powdered minerals. A definite winner!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by jjtexasgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have also reviewed the Ultimate foundation for this line. This was slightly better for me, but not good enough to warrant purchasing a full size tube. The samples are a great way to try their products and colors and I highly recommend it for $10. I thought I'd be a Portofino Porcelain, but Florentine Fair looks better on me. The Portofino made me look pasty. Anyway, I have a hard time with this line having silicones in it. When I'm looking for a mineral foundation, I want to find the fewest ingredients that are not on the "iffy" list for possible breakouts. This was a semi-matte compared to the others, but it got shiny pretty quickly on me. It covers like no one's business and a tiny bit goes a VERY long way. I might consider it for a concealer, but for an all over makeup, I'm going to try UGloGirl next. While I liked the idea of liquid mineral makeup, the silicones and long ingredient list are a big turn off.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by carson822

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried several brands of mineral foundation and nothing looked right on me. I have normal to dry skin and a couple of dark spots on my cheeks that I like to minimize (if possible). This is wonderful foundation! I've been using it for a couple of weeks and my skin looks and feels so much better. I use their application pad to apply and it's so quick and easy. As everyone has said, you only need a little (I use about a pea size) and it blends beautifully. On my NW25 skin, I use Florentine Fair and it's really a good match. I've even had a few compliments on my "pretty skin" and that just never happens! The best thing is that I feel like I look like myself - only better - and isn't that what foundation is supposed to do? Great stuff and I'll be repurchasing for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For me, this didn't even cover as well as my old Cover Girl Invisible standby. The Portofino Porcelain did match my NC20 skin pretty well, but it just wasn't that spectacular. Also, I find that it's not buildable AT ALL. If something isn't covered the first time around, an extra layer isn't going to help. It also looked a bit cakey even when I first applied it, highlighting all the bad areas. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

am looking for a wedding foundation that will have the texture, titanium spf and warm coloring of my clinique almost makeup with fuller coverage and lasting power. I am normal with slightly oily Tzone and slightly dry. this foundation has a great spf and definitely covers opaquely. You wouldn't see magic marker under this stuff. A tiny drop evenly covers more than half of your face. the color choices are limited. I tried portofino porcelain since it was the fairest of the 3 colors sent in their trial size pack. Even though I wore loose powder over this, it caked up on the top of my lip and forehead where I a few beads of perspiration formed. Once it smudges or gets oily, there is no saving this stuff. It only separates further when blotting or reapplying loose powder. I highly recommend this to a warm colored bride who is not getting married in the heat or plans to break a sweat while dancing. otherwise, your skin will look flawless.