Ecotools Domed Bronzer Brush

4.7

Bamboo, synthetic hairs, aluminum

on 3/5/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this brush yet. I've had mine for over 2 years. And, I really have never had a "favorite" brush so to elevate this brush to a 5 star status is a huge for me. I often get frustrated with brushes, and usually am never loyal to any one brush for applying whatever make-up I am using on myself at the time. The Ecotools Domed Bronzer Brush really does deserve a 5 star status because first, it is low-cost, who doesn't love that! And let me say, low-cost doesn't always translate to quality, but in this case it does. Second, this brush washes up beautifully and I have never had it shed on me. Third, I use this brush in so many different ways - for blending my Bobbi Brown stick foundation into my skin, for applying cream blush to my cheeks, for applying a light dusting of powder blush, for applying powder, for blending all my make-up on my face after I have applied it... I could go on and on, but lastly let me say this is one brush I think is really a fantastic tool to have in your make-up kit.

on 1/29/2014 7:18:00 PM

The first makeup brush I ever bought, $11 CAD from Walmart. I've had it for almost three years, it's still in great condition. I haven't had any issue with shedding. Back in the day, I used this for everything - liquid foundation, powder foundation, setting powder and even blush (just dip a small part of the brush on the blush and blend away!) I love how dense it is and applies everything like a dream. Nowadays, I just use it to set my foundation or to fix a mistake when I am overzealous with my Nars blush application. I use anti-bacterial soap from Bath&Body Works to clean it twice a week, I put soap in one palm and swirl the brush, never holding the brush upright under the faucet and then lay it upside down on a clean towel to dry. The only thing I don't like is that it takes almost two days for it to dry. (I should just get another one and rotate.) I like how this stands on its own, all my other brushes are kept separately in a cup. This is a must have brush!

on 1/21/2014 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this brush to apply bronzer to my face, neck, chest and body. It's really similar to Tarte's Bamboo Airbrush Foundation brush, but I think I like Tarte's a little bit more because it flares out at the ends more than this one does. At first it seems like its a little too full and dense to blend the product, but overtime it loosens up. It has really soft Talkon bristles, and a large handle that takes some getting use to. Overall it's a really nice brush, especially for the price.

Me encanta esta brocha! Perfecta para el polvo ( clinique) y para el bronzer. Es densa y para nada se ha le ha caĆ­do ni un pelito.

on 1/3/2014 5:49:00 PM

LOVE. I actually use this brush to apply liquid foundation, and it does a stand-up job!
I have also used it for its purpose, bronzer, and I find it's great at that too.

The hairs are dense and soft, so it doesn't just squash against your face and apply powders where you never intended them to go. It's precise and sturdy, with a thick handle for quick application. I've used it multiple times and have not seen one bit of shedding. Highly recommend!

on 1/3/2014 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very sturdy, soft, high quality brush. But I bought it for contouring, and since the bristles are so dense and large, I have to be very very careful and precise. I am not giving it a bad rating because I do not know if it was made for that purpose.

I've owned this brush for over a year and I've had 0 shedding which is amazing. It's also cruelty-free and environmentally friendly.

I would recommend this as a blending brush.

on 1/1/2014 1:26:00 PM

Ecotools brushes are very underrated. They are as soft and sturdy as some of the more expensive brushes I've tried, such as MAC. I like their eco-friendly image and standards. I bought this brush in a set. I find that is the best value, and you can have fun trying out brush types and sizes you normally wouldn't buy.

This brush feels weighty in your hand. There is very little bristle loss when using it. It distributes bronzer, blush, or powder foundation with ease. I used it over and over again with my MAC bronzer (which lasted so long, I had to put the compact in my MAC recycle bin before it was even empty).

I clean these brushes by dampening a soft cloth with brush cleaner and wiping it down, never immersing it or getting it soaking wet. I let it air dry on a clean dry stack of paper towels. I keep my brushes in a separate case in my cosmetics drawer. I never find any lost bristles in there either. That is a very good sign.

Great quality at a great price. I will continue to buy these. I also use the eye shadow brush frequently. Ecotools makes a mini travel brush set with shorter handles. Lovely.

on 11/7/2013 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Since I don't use a bronzer, I use this brush for applying blushes.
This brush is really really dense and with just a few stroking motion, you can apply blush evenly and beautifully on the cheek.
I use it with some densely pressed blushes, such as NARS.

The only draw back? I think it's the handle. The handle is so huge that it takes up 1/4 of my brushes container. LOL!

on 10/28/2013 2:00:00 PM

I was disappointed with this brush. I have been using the Sonia K blush brush for both my blush and powder for several years now, and I love it. But I have recently started using mineral powders and was looking for something that would do a better job applying and blending. This is not it. I agree with a few of the other reviewers, the bristles seem too packed in, almost hard/tough to the touch. I wear very little facial make-up (versus eye make-up, which I usually wear a lot) because I have breakout prone skin. I don't want some brush grinding the product into my skin, and that's what this brush felt like it was doing. Ugh. Makes me want to go and buy a Clarisonic. I will probably give this brush to my sister because I really don't see myself using this on my skin type again.

on 10/14/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

H-O-L-Y G-R-A-I-L. Enough said.

Top Rated Ecotools Products