October 30, 2014 | 1755 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - genefique

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by mishamai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm a self-proclaimed Lancome junkie and I have to say, this product didn't thrill me. I love skincare and the art of preventing intead of reversing so I realize I may not be part of their target population (I'm 19) but I was hoping there would be more to it with all the hype.
I got quite a haul of samples that kept me using the product for a good month of day and night application (3 drops- NOT DROPPERS FULL- 3 drops per application) and while there was some improvement, there was nothing too fantastic. I guess some is better than none though since it all adds up but not for th price of the product worth. My skin was smoother and just looked a bit nicer overall but for something that claims to show improvement in 7 days, I sure wasn't seeing that much improvement.
I wouldn't buy it but I will keep accepting samples. It's not one of their products that I can't live without unfortunately.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by rpatchell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product did absolutely nothing for my skin. I used it religiously at morning and night for 3 months and saw no change whatsoever in my skin. Thank goodness for Sephora's awesome return policy!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by lita12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was tempted seeing the reviews on a different website. I tried a sample and though it didnt do much I thought maybe I should use it for a longer time. I bought the 50ml and used it for 3 months. It is one of the most useless products I have ever used. I did not see any different in my face. Some days I felt like I am just using plain water on my face. Such a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Paleskinblueeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has done wonders for my skin. I'm only 21, but I've been using this for about 4-5 months now and I have noticed a drastic improvement in my skin. Usually my skin can get a little rough, red, and dry at times, but when I put this on under my moisturizer, these problems are reduced greatly. I use this along with a Clairsonic Mia, and these two things combined has given me my best skin ever, hands down.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I was going through some really tough time with my skin recently, having to change my whole entire skincare routine to salvage what left.
Anyways, I brought this as part of my new skincare routine, mainly to help my skin tone and texture to even out after a disastrous winter of blemishes, breakout etc causing scaring.
My skin is not like how it use to be anymore, the breakout have more of an effect on me know then it did when I was young(or even a year ago for that matter), it takes a lot longer to heal, and the purple scaring lingers around on my face longer then anticipated.
Anyways a lot of people mention this product for anti aging purpose but also to even tone and texture, I just had to give it a try. SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY!
I brought this during their GWP, and also because it was having a special pack promotion at $120AUD you get the 50mL Genifique, with the eye cream and night and day cream in generous sizes plus the gift pack, how could I say no?
I'm currently still using mine, and will be finishing it up and that's it. I've been using this for well over 2 month I've seen nothing improve.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by charliecody80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first time writing a review and I just had to since I can't say enough about this product. First I would like to say that my review is based on my own experience and my skin type. My first ever lancome face product is the Lancome Genfique Youth Activating Concentrate and I think it's the best I've used. Prior to using this, I was endulging in the La Mer. As far as hydration, of course it isn't the greatest, since it isn't really meant as a moisturizer. However, it does give my skin a radiance that I have never had before. Paired up with the Lancome Visionnaire, oh my gosh! what a perfect combination. I do notice a significant reduction in my pore size and a luminance in my skin. I have less break outs and my skin just feels so smooth and looks clearer. I still have dark spots that I'm working on erasing but overall this product works for my skin. I do have eczema and dermagraphism and it's been fine :) Please give this product a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a deluxe sample of this as a Sephora perk. When I first got it, I really liked it. My skin was glowing and just looked in better condition, overall. After using it nightly for about two weeks, my skin went bonkers and I developed two big cystic pimples- ( I never have had these before). This was the only thing I had added to my skin care that was different- so I'm thinking it was from that. I stopped using it and the acne went away. I may try using it again, after reading here I see that there may be some type of purging going on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

There's no arguing that this is a very expensive product. It's kind of like a skin booster. After continued use I noticed my skin was more radiant and even toned. It just looked better. When I stopped using it though, my skin stopped being radiant etc. I use different products but this one was pretty good. I don't like the applicator ampoule. It doesn't distribute much product and as someone pointed out, it doesn't help to push air into the formula as I'm sure that compromises it. I've tried better serums to be honest.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by cchiu1688

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never written a review for makeup, ever, but I have to write about this product because of the horrible experience I had. I have combination/oily skin and have never considered my skin to be sensitive. I got Genefique as a 7 day sample from Ulta and tried it on for 2 days. First day was fine Ė no major difference but I figure it takes a few applications. Then by day 2, I started having these white bumps under my chin and my face felt warm. I immediately stopped and put nothing on my face that night. By day 3, my face was pink and poufy and the white bumps moved up to my forehead as well. Like I said, I had never been allergic to any face products before so I didnít know what to think of it. I went to the doctor and he gave me some antihistamine and hydrocortisone. Itís gotten better but never again will I buy anything from Lancome after this scare.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by ragdolletje

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have bought the 50 ml size this spring after recommendation from a sales lady from Sephora. I normally don't use Lancome products, but I must say that you see the effect that the serum has on your skin when you don't use it anymore. At first it broke me out and I noticed smalll wrinkles on my cheeks. I stopped using it and I tried again after a few days because the bottle is too expensive to keep unused. Now, I use it only at night and my skin looks more clear, less red and freckels are faded, also the dehydration wrinkles on my cheeks disappeared again. I think it has some whitening stuff in it. After the first week it did not break me out anymore, now I use it once a day and I really see the difference if I stop using it (didn't take it with me on holiday). I will buy again, just for the brightness of my skin.