Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush - Honeymoon 127

on 1/7/2013 4:58:00 AM

This is the most beautiful highlighter I have ever used! I use this product nearly everyday, and have gotten so many others hooked on this as well. I get so many compliments on the glow it gives me. There are not enough wonderful things to say about this product.
It is marketed as a blush for some reason, but I can't think of anyone who would use it that way, you will not be happy if you try to use it as a blush. Such a gorgeous highlight. I always make sure I have a back up as I can't go a day without this on my skin. If Hard Candy ever discontinues this product I will be so heartbroken! One compact lasts quite some time though, I think it takes me about 6 months to make a noticeable dent in the product. Try it, for $7 you can't go wrong!

on 12/31/2012 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

EDIT- there is major fallout, but if you tap really lightly with your brush(thats all you even need), theres NO problem at all! :) :) :)

Original review-Don't buy this as a blush, because it won't work for that. There's too much shimmer and not enough pigmentation for it to be blush worthy. However, like others have said this is an amazing highlighter! It gives your face a dewy glow without looking like a bottle of glitter exploded on your face!
I was originally looking into buying the baked bronzer "tiki", but it was sold out. So I got this precious instead! It was the last one, and now I know why! If your reading this, I am forcing you to go to Walmart and buy this.
NOW GO.

on 12/10/2012 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this blush! I typically have a "fear" of wearing blush because I always feel like it's too much, but this blush DOES NOT make you "pink", but, well...it looks like blush should, in my opinion! The colour isn't "in your face" by any means, and I love the pearly undertones. My only complaint is the packaging -- Hard Candy products in those little plastic containers always have a tendency to break, but desite that, I'll be buying this again! Five stars!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Eyes: Violet

I loved the pale peachy-pink color of this, it kind of reminded me of MAC's desert rose. I also liked the shimmer in the color and thought the package was really cute. However, I won't repurchase this because it fell apart, literally the "dome" part cracked and crumbled out after I had it maybe two months. I did not keep this in my purse or drop it or anything like that - it sat in the drawer of my vanity and was getting pretty regular use. I was really disappointed in the product because pretty much half of the product was "gone" after this happened. I guess I could have tried to sweep the crumbles into another container or something but it happened on my vanity table and that seemed like it wouldn't be clean. Unfortunately, this has happened to me with the pretty domed baked blushes before - but that was the Sugar brand many years ago. I don't think I'll buy another product like this again - which sucks because they are so pretty.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I admit this was a panic purchase: just when I’d almost run out of BeneFit Georgia, I learned it had been discontinued. So I took my surly butt to Wal-Mart, and there it was, staring at me from the shelf like, “What are you waiting for? Let’s do this.” And whaddaya know? Sometimes I swear I like it better than Georgia. It has more shimmer, a lot more; sometimes I’m in the mood for that and sometimes it’s kind of, “Meh.” But it gives a very similar effect; it brings subtle warmth and radiance into my pasty Scottish complexion without looking like I‘ve put on a ton of something to achieve it. So I'm set until the next round of Limited Edition/ Back by Popular Demand. (In the meantime, I’m thinking that Revlon’s Perfectly Peach or Bobbi Brown’s Nude Peach might do all right for a matte variation of this, but I haven’t got around to buying either yet.)

For me, this product is average. I'm happy I bought it because it works on my skin tone (fair-medium). However, the color in the packaging is definitely more pink and less shimmery than when you put the product on your face. Even on my skin tone, this product is more of a highlight. Overall, I like the product and it makes me want to try other Hard Candy face products, but I will not be repurchasing this particular product.

on 8/28/2012 3:35:00 PM

I LOVE THIS BLUSH! I just got it in the mail today and it was so pretty in the pan I couldn't resist trying it on. I gives me the glow I love with such a pretty yellow gold pinky peach color similar to what Tarte's Tipsy cheek stain does for me! An instant favorite!

It is shimmery like a highlighter which is perfect for my fair fair skin. A color I will be using all year round.

**EDIT** I just combined this with my Tarte Tipsy and the results were incredible

Note: I use Urban Decay's All Nighter spray every day so my reviews of staying power are not of the product alone.

on 7/23/2012 12:51:00 AM

I first bought this product because I wanted to try out a baked blush, and this was a fairly cheap blush. I swatched it and thought that it was a little frosty for my liking. After putting this product as a blush, I absolutely hated this blush with a passion, it looked awkward on my skin. I stopped using this as a blush but started using this as a highlighter. I love using this as a highlighter, but not a blush.

on 7/7/2012 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

On my skin tone (light olive) this works as a blush when applied wet and a highlighter when applied dry. This blush is a really pretty highlighter for everday. It lasts for about 5 hours which isnt too bad, but not great. The packaging is kind of flimsy and easy to break but I can work around that. I'll buy another one when I get through this one.

on 6/23/2012 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I had never heard of this brand before, but I decided to take a chance and bought it from WalMart. It was $9, very inexpensive.
I chose the Honeymoon colour because it looked sheer and very pretty.
I have to say I'm fairly impressed. It's more like a highlighter than blush; reminds me of Mac's mineral skin finish. It leaves a beautiful glow on my cheekbones and is quit buildable.
Happy:)
Plus they DONT test on animals!
Theres also a lot of product in one container

Popular Blush Products