September 2, 2014 | 1902 users online

Other - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Oil Moisturizing Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by peps123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my Argan Oil and I love this stick. I use it in a couple of different ways:
1) travel- when I don't want to carry by bottle;
2) eye treatment in the am and pm- it's a great way to appy Argan Oil to the eye area;
3) lip moisturizer.
If you love the regular liquid oil, you have to get this too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

This could possibly become a 5 for me in the future if I consider it as an actual moisturizer. However, I don't use it everyday so I have no idea how it would affect my face over time. Right now I have a large stick and a small one for my purse and they are fantastic. I've used them on my dry hands but mostly I use these on my face. It goes on a bit greasy but is absorbed quickly and leaves my skin soft and glowing. It's always very nice around the eyes - it's quite emollient without being so heavy that it gives me bags. I'd seriously recommend trying the small one because even if you don't like it on your face, you can use it on your feet, hands, etc. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by april1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the stick almost as much as I love Jose's argan oil in the bottle. The stick I use for different purposes though. I tend to carry 3 of the travel size versions around with me - one in my makeup bag, one in toiletries bag, and one sits at my desk at work...actually, I should get a fourth for my gym bag.

I travel a lot for my job so the mini sticks are great - they fit perfectly in my bag and since they're 6 bucks...I don't get too upset if they're lost or left behind in a hotel bathroom every once and awhile.

As far as uses go:

Makeup Bag: I use the stick after I apply the oil to a clean face after a shower, I gently rub it under my eyes and smooth it in, around my mouth and and then, before or after using blush on my cheeks depending on what type of blush I am using. I will typically use it to help blend out my Tarte stick tint blush or a bit after to blend my Nars powder blush. It also adds a nice dewey sheen as a highlighter on checkbones.

Toiletries Bag: I use the stick under eyes and on lips right after using a few drops of the oil on clean skin before bedtime.

Work: Lips and cuticle smoothing...and sometimes a rogue eyebrow or two.

Gym Bag: Lips and after I use a makeup wipe to clean off sweat I'll dab some under my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by accessoryaddiction

I am glad that I bought the trial version of this product for $6 at Sephora, instead of buying full size. Because I dont really care for this product....its okay and I will continue to use it. But I dont think that it is as moisturizing as all of the compliments I was reading abt it in magazines- which is the reason I bought it in the first place:) And I dont really care for the smell, it smells like a citronella candle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by PettyBeige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Josie Maran's Argon Oil Stick has quickly become one of my new favorite products! Because I bleach, dye, and heat process my hair, I have ridiculous split ends. This stick makes the ends of my hair feel like I just had a trim! It really seals up the end of the hair and really softens it. I have also used this stick on my face when I've run out of moisturizer and I've been really impressed. Not too greasy and very hydrating! I'm convinced this is the Wonder Stick...it can do it all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I picked this up today because I was very interested in her line of Argan products. The oil is almost $50 so I held off on that one, but I did have to get this stick form. Apricot oil is the first ingredient, but Argan is second so there is a good concentration of it for the $22 price. I think the tube is good packaging, and if you push too much out it is retractable. The tester was a bit greasy looking, but I figured that was because of the hot lights in Sephora as well as all the people using it. I tested both of these. The stick is more of a balm texture, and takes a little longer to absorb. I believe it's for very dry/flaky skin. The oil form absorbs into skin so easily it's amazing. I rarely give a product 5 stars, but this deserves it. Plus it's free of chemicals and is organic. This is great to take with you, but I wouldn't leave it in my purse. I'm keeping the plastic cap on just in case it starts to melt by some chance.
I have red skin in the Winter too, so I can't wait to see if this helps. I am so tired of dry skin! I dab it on because rubbing it on would be too thick. Update:

11/8/10

I found an exact dupe for this, only it's in a small jar. Since you have to rub both of these into your skin, they are one and the same. It's the Boots Organic Face Super Balm. They have the same texture and feel the same. They also take awhile to absorb into the skin, but it's worth it. The best part is this product is 95% organic and also less than $8 at Target!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which makes me think I got ripped off buying the Josie Maran. I took the pic featured and love the shiny copper tube, but in the end it's not worth it. I still like it, but it's really not worth the price you guys. Another plus is because the Boots is so cheap I don't have an issue with using as much as I want.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by tideturns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

a gentleman at sephora recommended that i try this to combat the redness on my face (caused mainly by inflammation and some broken capillaries perhaps the beginnings of rosacea - my mom has it).
i was skeptical- but my friend came with me and told me she would let me pick out some things for christmas.

i tried it on my cheeks for a few days- and the results are incredible. i am very cynical about products but this is the real deal. i apply it once in the morning- and my redness stays calm all day. i will definitely buy this again.
this product is not even advertised as an anti-redness product but it should be!

i really like the packaging also...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by wildberriez4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the smell of this. I have really dry skin so this keeps my skin from getting flaky and gives my facial skin a healthy glow. I think this stick will last for a long time. I bought the mini size.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 6:14:00 AM More reviews by willy56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just ordered a few of these for stocking stuffers from Sephora. For six dollars this is a steal. This mini tube of organic,highly moisturizing argan oil packs a wallop! Can be used on eye lids(with no stinging or break outs),cuticles.elbows,lips, the list is endless.Has a light lemony scent too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by imergo

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this for my sister, who is dry as the desert, has allergies and is always blowing her nose. She says it was a lifesaver for her nose on a recent plane ride and winter vacation. Cute, too!