E.L.F. Studio Lip Stain

Price: $

on 2/20/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i love birthday suit and heartbreaker. i apply mac lip primer first then a lip balm on top. lips look good all day! (it does kind of have an alcohol smell to it at first, kind of not good, but it goes away quickly).

on 2/19/2012 9:09:00 PM

Not horribly priced, nice packaging, nice gloss, but the lip stain itself is crap. Way too much pigment. The only way you can enjoy this stain is to use a tiny dot of it and smear it around yourself. I had the darkest pink one, the red carpet, and I hated it. Do not buy.

on 1/24/2012 8:06:00 AM

I bought this in Bombshell. I love it! Looks really natural on me. I will definitely buy it again considering the fact that it's pretty cheap and it looks great. :)

on 1/18/2012 10:55:00 PM

I got this in the shade "Birthday Suit" It's a bright pink (super pretty) I usually dont wear bright colors but I love this it looks gorgeous!

I suggest putting on a lip balm under it though otherwise it dries weird.

The clear gloss it comes with is nice too!

I will be buying again.

on 12/25/2011 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I tried this in the shade "Birthday Suit" which is a pale bubblegum pink color. It was absolutely horrible - the lipstain is chalky, dry, and sheer. The lipgloss is very sticky and gloopy. I tried to use chapstick to make it look less chalky but it didn't work. It doesn't feel comfortable on your lips and it didn't look good at all. My friend who was there when I tried it on told me it looks gross and to take it off immediately. I went back to the store I got it from and got a refund. I would possibly try the lipstain in different colors if they aren't chalky and dry like Birthday Suit.

on 12/25/2011 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have this product in red carpet (red color). I enjoy it as a lip product as it last long and is not too drying.

I enjoy it more to use as a CHEEK STAIN. The red blends to a soft pretty pink on the cheeks. If you did not like this as a lipstain try it as a cheek stain before throwing out.

on 10/13/2011 1:58:00 PM

I love these! They are really pigmented and they wear nicely. I have the shades fashionista (which is a nice medium wearable pink) and red carpet (bold cherry red).

They are not what some might think of as a stain; more of a long wearing lip colour. The stain part applies evenly and dries matte and I love wearing it alone for a bold matte lip. I find adding the gloss is not necessary b/c the stain alone does not dry out my lips and lasts longer by itself. If I want more subtle wearable lips then I add the gloss. It sort of mixes with the stain and creates just a regular coloured gloss. Which is great, but not a stain per se.

I think more ppl would love these if they tried them without expecting a marker style stain.

I say go for it!

on 9/17/2011 2:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This has to be one of my favourite lip products! I have this in First Date and I also used to have Lucky Lady. They are very pigmented and last ages, at least 7 hours. I apply it and let it dry and apply a second coat if I want to. Be sure the stain has dried before you put on the gloss; otherwise the gloss will remove the stain and the gloss applicator will get dirty and gross.
Lucky Lady is quite a unique colour, a pinkish light brown whit a hint of orange. It's a very natural colour and I believe it would look flattering on many skintones. No shimmer.
First Date is a bright pink with gold shimmer. Cool toned ladies, don't be scared of the shimmer! It's not very noticeable on the lips. I'm cool toned and this look really good on me, so have no fear!
There are cons: the stain is very drying, you have to moisturize your lips very well after you apply the product but even if you do that sometimes the product still settles into fine lines.

on 9/12/2011 10:50:00 PM

i went in to big lots just to look around and i saw e.l.f on the makeup aisle. so i went over to see what i can get. it was only $3 .. the gloss portion was really nice, but the stain portion was horrible. i hated the smell, it was sheer - not stain, and the brush applicator was so hard!

on 9/12/2011 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a pretty good lip stain. For $3, it has actual lasting power. Yes, I do agree with the other reviewers that it does dry out if you don't apply the gloss. Personally I don't like gloss so I rub some lip balm/shea butter on my lips before applying the colour, and it does stay and doesn't feather out.

Popular Lip Glosses