December 20, 2014 | 1751 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Stain

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by chloeemina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this in the shade "Birthday Suit" which is a pale bubblegum pink color. It was absolutely horrible - the lipstain is chalky, dry, and sheer. The lipgloss is very sticky and gloopy. I tried to use chapstick to make it look less chalky but it didn't work. It doesn't feel comfortable on your lips and it didn't look good at all. My friend who was there when I tried it on told me it looks gross and to take it off immediately. I went back to the store I got it from and got a refund. I would possibly try the lipstain in different colors if they aren't chalky and dry like Birthday Suit.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by purnell92

I have this product in red carpet (red color). I enjoy it as a lip product as it last long and is not too drying.

I enjoy it more to use as a CHEEK STAIN. The red blends to a soft pretty pink on the cheeks. If you did not like this as a lipstain try it as a cheek stain before throwing out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

I love these! They are really pigmented and they wear nicely. I have the shades fashionista (which is a nice medium wearable pink) and red carpet (bold cherry red).

They are not what some might think of as a stain; more of a long wearing lip colour. The stain part applies evenly and dries matte and I love wearing it alone for a bold matte lip. I find adding the gloss is not necessary b/c the stain alone does not dry out my lips and lasts longer by itself. If I want more subtle wearable lips then I add the gloss. It sort of mixes with the stain and creates just a regular coloured gloss. Which is great, but not a stain per se.

I think more ppl would love these if they tried them without expecting a marker style stain.

I say go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by voidy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has to be one of my favourite lip products! I have this in First Date and I also used to have Lucky Lady. They are very pigmented and last ages, at least 7 hours. I apply it and let it dry and apply a second coat if I want to. Be sure the stain has dried before you put on the gloss; otherwise the gloss will remove the stain and the gloss applicator will get dirty and gross.
Lucky Lady is quite a unique colour, a pinkish light brown whit a hint of orange. It's a very natural colour and I believe it would look flattering on many skintones. No shimmer.
First Date is a bright pink with gold shimmer. Cool toned ladies, don't be scared of the shimmer! It's not very noticeable on the lips. I'm cool toned and this look really good on me, so have no fear!
There are cons: the stain is very drying, you have to moisturize your lips very well after you apply the product but even if you do that sometimes the product still settles into fine lines.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by prettyrebel92

i went in to big lots just to look around and i saw e.l.f on the makeup aisle. so i went over to see what i can get. it was only $3 .. the gloss portion was really nice, but the stain portion was horrible. i hated the smell, it was sheer - not stain, and the brush applicator was so hard!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good lip stain. For $3, it has actual lasting power. Yes, I do agree with the other reviewers that it does dry out if you don't apply the gloss. Personally I don't like gloss so I rub some lip balm/shea butter on my lips before applying the colour, and it does stay and doesn't feather out.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by fashionbug9880

I have this Lip Stain in the color "Heartbreaker". This matches my natural lip color quite well which makes it great for everyday use. The applicator is a "doe-foot", not a brush. I noticed that this product (it may just be this particular shade however) is VERY sheer. I don't like putting 2-4 layers of this on my lips to get a semi-opaque color.
I like the clear gloss because it isn't sticky or runny. If you do not apply the clear gloss (or anything for that matter) on top of the lip-stain, your lips will just be matte. When you put it on your lips, it's obviously shiny, but it dries to a matte finish.
The staying power of this product isn't that long either. It only sits on your lips, while other lip-stains in pen forms actually stain the lip like a marker. Although this is a decent product, I don't think I will be purchasing more because it lasts for about an hour then fades.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by rvdiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is not the best quality, for one the liquid is super thin, it feels so light on your lips which should be a good thing but the finish is too dry, the gloss helps a bit but i am prone to super dry lips, and what comes with it is a gloss not a balm. Would not purchase, I would rather stick to their other lipsticks which are great

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by suzen2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did like this at first, for its staining power (mine was a bright red), but that was all I liked about it. In less than an hour my lips were so dry! When that happened, I put on Chapstick to see how long the color would last. I don't know if this thing is stealing moisture from my lips, but as others have stated I have put only as much as I need and still the pigment comes off easily. The color lasts around 2 or 3 hours, not very long for something that is supposed to stain your lips. So I am disappointed and would not buy again.

Other: It was only $2 and the packaging was decent for a lip stain.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by freyaluna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got my ELF lip stain in Lucky Lady, and the color suits me perfectly. At first it took some adjustment to the quick-dry formula, but after a bit of practice, I was able to figure out the best way to wear it for myself (building color in thin layers, letting each layer dry between applications, then swiping the gloss on).

It stayed on during a meal and a snack, plus a cup of hot tea. I also like how easy this is to remove with an oil-based make-up remover. Most of all, I really love the color -- it makes me look 10 years younger and more fresh-faced. I'm definitely buying this again.