Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicon Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide,dkl

on 10/2/2014 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this primer! Definitely the best I've tried so far. Keeps my oily skin in check, and creates a nice smooth canvas for my foundation. I only have one small area where my pores are visible, and this takes care of that with no problem. Will definitely repurchase!

on 9/25/2014 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This primer really doesn't do much for my pores which is a MUST if I am to like it.

PROS:
- makes my makeup last forever

CONS:
- doesn't do too much for my pores
- does not do anything for shine control

on 9/4/2014 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not any worse than other primers I have used. I have oily skin and find anything with a silicone texture is not compatable with my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This primer, plainly did not work. I put it on in the morning and immediately wanted to wash it off. Very greasy, never sets or works into the skin. I tried it with light coverage foundations and with medium coverage foundations that I know work for me. They looked horrible, because of this primer. Boo. :(

on 7/29/2014 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Great primer! Love Smashbox as well but $38 verses $8 (at Walmart) I love Hard Candy more!!!

on 6/12/2014 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

For the price, this primer does a good job, especially in comparison to other cheap, drugstore brands. I tested it by applying eye shadow to both eyes - one with primer and one without. The primer made it last much longer, and not smudge as my eye shadow normally does. Aside from some slight creasing, the shadow looked very similar to what it did when it was first applied.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This primer is greasy. The first time I tried this, I didn't like it. It didn't appear to do anything for my pores, and it felt disgusting on my face. I washed it off immediately.
After 2 weeks or so, I went back to try the product again, thinking that maybe I had applied it wrong or I didn't wait enough time for it to set.
But I got the exact same results. The product felt gross and slippery even after 20 minutes of letting it set. I washed it off and threw it out. Don't buy this.

on 3/7/2014 3:37:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff. I guess the first time I bought it was a bad batch because it was insanely watery. This time around it's more fluffy, actually like a whipped consistency I guess?
It definitely diminishes the look of my pores, I don't pay attention to it increasing lasting power of my foundation though because usually it does a good enough job of that on its own.
The only downside is this product does separate, so I give it a good shake before opening it and that typically solves that problem.
I tend not to use it unless I'm going out because I feel like it would break me out if given the chance, if that makes any sense.
Overall it's a decent primer for the price and amount, it does enough for me to repurchase it, especially over the other drugstore primers I've tried.

on 3/1/2014 11:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I desperately wanted to like this primer. I TRIED, I really did. Every once in a while I would pick it up again, thinking "Maybe it'll work this time," only to be crushed with disappointment again.

To start with the packaging, it's pretty, but inconvenient; it's not solidly built so leakage is a possibility. I also found that the primer itself clogged the opening to the tube pretty easily.

But the product itself is where it loses points for me. It separates easily, it feels greasy going on, it takes forever to dry and it just doesn't do anything for me or my foundation. I totally think it could work for someone with strictly oily skin, but as someone with combination skin, I just couldn't make it work for me. I deal with flakiness on a constant basis, and I found that, upon applying foundation, the primer actually EMPHASIZED that flakiness (it definitely was the primer - the foundations I use look fine when I don't use this). Even on the oilier areas of my face, Sheer Envy primer made my foundation look patchy and weird. On top of all that it didn't even help the longevity of my foundation.

To give it its due, though, it does fill pores and it does mattify (once it finally dries) - and in my need to not waste any products of mine, I've found that if I want to wear light makeup, I can wear this primer under pressed powder and be set for a day of classes or whatever. I just wish it worked under actual foundation for me. I'm disappointed!

I liked it at first, but quickly grew out of it. And I mean QUICKLY. It leaves my skin feeling oily and gross. I feel like my foundation and setting powders can't evenly spread across my face because this primer doesn't sit right... As for the packaging, I prefer a pump rather than a squeeze tube. Won't be repurchasing.