October 24, 2014 | 1090 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Lilbitgarcia

This product was $8 at Walmart. Not too expensive, pretty reasonable. It felt really weird on my face like I don't know how to describe it but it made my face really smooth and easy to apply foundation. Before I never used a primer for my mac foundation and you could see all my pores but now that I've used this product it hides my pores. I would absolutely recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by blondebombshell7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this primer. It doesn't blow me away, but it WORKS. This is the first primer I've purchased that I've found actually makes a difference in my foundation application. Although, I've only tried two other primers - Loreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base & Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer - so I don't have much to compare to. My foundation lays MUCH better with this product underneath. It leaves my face feeling silky, and most importantly does not break me out. I probably won't repurchase when I finish up the tube, as I'm sure there are better high-end primers out there, but this is a great product that's totally worth it for the price :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've heard a lot of good things about this primer. I was recently at Walmart and bought it on a whim. I am definitely not a fan of the Glamoflague concealer by Hard Candy, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this primer. But I actually like it alot. You can't be the price. It's $8 at Walmart for a decent sized tube.

When I first applied this primer, I didn't think I was going to like it. It's a gel-like consistency and very runny. It also feels very slimy and greasy. But I found that if you let it sit just a couple of minutes, it absorbs into the skin and dries clear. It didn't clump or pill at all after applying my foundation. I also felt like it did help my foundation stay on my face longer. My skin is very oily and very allergy prone. My skin typically doesn't tolerate very cheap makeup very well. So I was a little concerned that this would make me itch. But it didn't at all. Which for me, is a major plus.

I still really like the Pop Beauty Face Magnet Primer. But if I ever get sick of forking over $26 for a primer, or just choose not to, I would definitely repurchase this primer. There's nothing fancy about it. But it gets the job done. I would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by FireyHeart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would have never guessed that this would be my HG primer! I really liked the glamoflauge concealer and I thought the primer is worth a shot. Here are my thoughts:

Price: For around 8 dollars, it contains 1.6 ounces of product in each tube (5 dollars per fluid ounce), which is absolutely phenomenal when it comes to a face primer- they can be so expensive. *Ahem* Yes, I am talking to you, Mr. 40 dollar Smashbox primer!

Performance: Does a great job in helping my makeup go on smoothly and stay put for much longer. I don't see much of a difference with this vs high end primers. The first time I opened it up, there was WAY too much product coming out, which was such a waste.

Pros: Great value, fragrance free, transparent, lightweight, little goes a long way, comparable to high end primers, company does not test on animals.

Cons: Packaging dispenses too much product, which is why I hold it upside down and squeeze out the product.

Overall, I recommend this product highly to everyone. At least give it a try! Also, people complain that this product makes them oily but that is usually because you are using too much. Only a pea sized amount is needed for the whole face. In fact, I have oily skin and this controls my oil nicely. I would choose this primer over my Smashbox one (which broke me out terribly) any day. But don't get me wrong, I love Smashbox's other products!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Best primer for me!!! I don't use primer daily but this one is my go to..

This literally is the only primer that doesn't cause me to break out!

I've used other primers from high end to low end and the majority of them break out me out and/or make me skin nasty and oily..but not this one!

*A little goes a long way and makes my face feel silky smooth and all I need is a pea sized amount.

*I use a little face makeup and this primer makes it glide on and look flawless,plus it has great lasting power!

*My skin is oily in the summer and this primer helps with it a lot.

100% repurchase over & over!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by SleepingGypsy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worst primer I've ever gotten, The consistency looks old, it goes on your face and like flakes off. It's hard to explain but it doesn't do anything. I'm super disappointed in this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have only used 2 other primers before this one, but it has been my favorite one so far. I received a mini size primer with the Girl Next Door boxed kit. It has a very silicon, silky consistency, which I like. My foundations go over really smooth and it fills in a scar or two I have on my face so my foundation looks flawless. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by AnzisAmazing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hard Candy came out with an ultra light version of this primer, but I can't find reviews for that one so I'll post about the one I have here.
Well, first off I absolutely love hard candy products. I love the quality, the price, the creativity, and the super cutesy packaging. Im so glad I discovered this brand a few months back.
But back to this primer.. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I'll start with what I like cause the benefits are a huge plus for me.
It blurs imperfections in a way that BLOWS MY MIND! Its almost as if I put a soft focus effect on my face. It really blurs the appearance of pores and fine lines.
I like the way it applies. I find application silky (not greasy) and also finishes very smooth on my skin. It also makes the application of foundation easier to blend. But then.. Its all down hill :(
It comes out clumpy, which is a little off putting, but not a deal breaker for me personally...
It makes me oily fairly quickly, and I find that instead of making my foundation last longer as a primer should, I have to touch it up after about an hour or 2, and continue to use my oil blotting sheets, and setting powder more through out the day.
I now use it very, very sparingly on the areas I need it most like under my eyes and between my brows. Overall a decent product for the price.. Just needs to be slightly tweeked.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by countdrunkula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in a package that contained Doll Face, the bronzer and Sheer Envy. Really surprised at how much I love this primer. I've only tried a couple of others and they did not work this well. It leaves my face silky all day and my makeup stays put. Will purchase again this time in the larger tube!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by minusthegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I decided to purchase this primer because it was inexpensive,and I needed something to prep my face. I don't usually use foundation, but I do like to use a primer on my bare face and then walk out the door without foundation on. I hoped this would give me a nice, healthy, flawless skin look. It did none of these things.
1: It is oily. You have to shake the bottle to get the product out, and while you're applying the product to your face it feels very greasy. It felt greasy in my hands and slid off of my palm when I held it up to the light to check the consistency.
2: The consistency is almost chunky, and not smooth at all. If you do not smooth it in your hands before applying you will be left with big, shiny spots of primer on your face. Even if you do smooth it in your hands, it's so oily that your palms will likely absorb all the primer and you have to apply more.
3: It's very oily and did two different things on different areas of my face. I have combination skin (oily forehead and T-Zone and dry cheeks and chin) and on the top of my face it left me looking oily and gross, while on the bottom half it actually flaked off into little dry pieces. The flaking is what worried me. I usually wash my face, apply my Aveeno moisturizing lotion and then put on primer. Usually this is enough moisture for my dry chin and cheek area but this actually seemed like it dried out my face even more. It looked like I had eraser shavings on my face (and it did this several times, despite any method I would try.)
4: It broke me out. I have really nice skin, and I rarely break out. However, this left me with red blotches and blackheads. Gross. I would not purchase this product again or recommend it to anyone. It is cheap and the performance of the product is also cheap. I would rather spend an additional $6 and get the Drew Barrymore Flower In Your Prime Primer. Not this junk.