October 2, 2014 | 1839 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

overhyped! wanted to try this since this board was raving it. by any means it is not thicketing. more like a 1/2 of thickness compared to jordana best lash extreme which to me is my hg mascara. like many of the reviewers mentioned it is perfect for daytime. would not wear this when dining out. not a bad mascara though....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by kmarie161

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think this gives a lot of volume/thickness but it does define and enhance your natural lashes very well. It's perfect for a natural/everday look. Also, the price is reasonable. I might repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by danaylchan

I am on my third one! I love this one so much! I have sparse and thin lashes and it's difficult to find a mascara that doesn't weigh it down. This one holds a curl (as well as any high end mascara,) doesn't flake, doesn't smudge (even after a medium work out or in a humid place) and volumizes really well! You can create a everyday look with a couple of coats or build up the intensity with more. Although with more, you need to get a spoolie, but the end result is fantastic! The formula is just not too wet but not too dry!

I use Mavala's double clis before I before any mascara one and I always have a base mascara before putting any black one on (I have been using L'Oreal's Double Extend Mascara) and then just layering Professional Super Thick on top.

This goes on sale very often so I usually stock up! I normally pay under $5 CAD for it, which is AMAZING considering how most drugstore mascaras are over $7 CAD

Update: I have stopped using mavala's double clis (although I am thinking of using it again) and no more base coats, it still doesn't wonders! Very impressed!

I have cheated on other mascaras- bobbi brown (I don't remember what it was but it was one of those testers)- it was amazing but not for the price of the full product ($35 CAD); Benefit Bad Gal, also a tester, it's not bad and for extra volume I will use this after I had 5 layers of super thick lash mascara; other drug store mascaras don't even compare... I regret buying them after trying it on.

This is probably the most underrated mascara out there, despite the great reviews here, none of my friends have even heard of this mascara. I love how the packaging isn't too showy and isn't too bulky to put into my make up bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by b82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This was rated as one of the top 10 mascara in an article I read so I decided to give it a try, otherwise I would have passed it up. I am a big fan of mascara so I'm always in the search for the best one out there. I ususally do not like to purchase high end ones since I don't see the difference, what's the point of spending more money? I feel when it comes to mascara there are as many good drug store ones as there are high end ones and this Cover Girl one is a good example. Recently, I got the Benefit Bad Gal Lash and Dior Hypnose and I personally like the Cover Girl Proffesional Super Thick much better. It's reasonably priced, simple packaging and effective.You get length and volume. It's buildable, I think you can go natural or dramatic. I have already purcased it twice and plan to continue. Worth giving a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I'm going to jump on board w/ most of the other reviewers & say that this is one of the best mascaras (for what I require) ever. It plumps up my puny, thin eye lashes in just 1 or 2 coats. It does not flake. The price is sooo low as well. Only $6 bucks or so...I love "The Colossal" by Maybelline as well, but I ll use this CG one when I want a thick look but not as dramatic as the Colossal. I only remove one lippie because it seems to dry out fairly quickly...However at only a few bucks a pop, that's alright. Great mascara. Simple packaging, easy to find as it's beat red & easy to use (love the brush) & to remove. Love it!!
    UPDATE: Re-purchased Mar 20/14 & I still LOVE it - bought it over Colossal b/c it was only $4.24 @ Walmart - my lashes are curled, thick & look just as good as they do in my High End mascaras. No curler neccessary either - & even after 3 coats they do not feel brittle / stiff, just look thick, curled & JET BLACK. 3coats, dry formula yet NO flaking!! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I am on the fence when it comes to this mascara because the only bad gripe I have with this product is how I get a ring of black beneath my eyes despite not applying it to my lower lashes. I was looking for an everyday mascara that could keep a curl and darken my lashes without the clumpy look. I know my lashes are absolutely pathetic but I wanted to at least make them look decent. This separates and gives my lashes a tad bit of length. I am not expecting much but this makes my lashes look ok. Doesn't add a whole lot of volume and it does tend to flatten my curl by 50% but by far the best I have tried in the drugstore so far. The formula is more towards the dry side and the wand isn't ridiculously huge so it's fairly easy to work with. *Sigh* Back to the drawing board.. I need a cheap everyday mascara for work but I can't seem to find it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by sameenelahi821

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

First off - don't buy this mascara expecting it to gloriously thicken your lashes or anything. This is an excellent product but its real advantage is in separating your lashes and defining them, much like a regular mascara that doesn't claim to "thicken". It's truly incredible if you already have average or even slightly less than lashes already and you're looking for a good everyday mascara. I will absolutely be buying this again and I never leave home without it on. In fact, I'm a huge liquid liner junkie, but THIS is the product I'll go to if I don't have time for a lot of makeup. If I wear all my other makeup and not this I just feel bare and my look seems totally unfinished.

That being said, I wouldn't recommend this for someone who has really short or extremely sparse lashes. You should definitely not rely on this as a game changer or anything. It's not for everyone, but I feel like for most people it'll impress.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by fansi

Perfect for everyday mascara. I live in a country where I can easily get sweaty every time including on my face and eyes but this mascara doesn't clump, smudge, flake and my lashes keep on shape as I put in the morning. The result is natural and doesn't feel dramatic or stiff. Easy to apply. Kind of wet for a while after applying but doesn't matter. Very easy to remove with water, as that's what I'm looking for in an everyday mascara, but it's still in its place when raining or crying. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by candlelights

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have Asian lashes that point straight outwards. They are a bit longer than typical Asian lashes but not as long or voluminous as I would like. I also have oily skin so I'm always looking for the perfect mascara: smudge-proof, holds a curl, lengthening and voluminizing.

I read such amazing reviews about this mascara, so I decided to try it out. Afterall, it's only $5 so what did I have to lose?

I was so disappointed when I applied it, my curled lashes drooped immediately. Huge deal breaker for me... I'm so sad because the formula is really thick and added a lot of volume to my lashes. It's also very smudge-proof. I was going to give it 1 star, but I discovered that I could use it on my bottom lashes without any smudges! That's a big deal since other mascaras would smudge immediately.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Tobeygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this, based on other reviews, but...huge bummer. Not thickening in the least. And trust me, I've tried a small army of thickening mascaras. I have long lashes (I know, boohoo, poor me), but they are wicked sparse, so I need a truly good thickening product. This is not. The formula is also very wet, even after wiping off the excess on a tissue, and just made my lashes look even sparser, as the wet formula made the few lashes I do have cling together and look thin and spidery. For the price, there are several other "drugstore" brands I would far rather have, two of which are in steady rotation in my makeup bag.