December 19, 2014 | 1422 users online

Hair Treatments - One 'n Only - Argan Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great product BUT: Use very sparingly, particularly if you have thin hair.
My hair is coarse, curly and frizzy but is blow dried straight about 95% of the time. The other 5% is when i leave it curly because either the weather is so humid that straightening my hair makes no sense or when I just don't have the time to straighten it. For curly hair this is the best, most amazing product I found, it eliminates frizz, detangles, texturizes the curl, makes it bouncier. I have never ever found any other product that was able to do that. I wouldn't go on vacation without it. However, when my hair is actually blow dried straight I ted to stay away from this. Must be super careful when using this because it is very emollient and can leave my hair oily( even though It is pretty thick and course).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by ChanelSaysSimon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the oil has a great smell. It's kinda thick but it certainly doesn't weigh down hair, a little bit of this stuff goes a long way. This product is great for people with damaged dry brittle hair like mine. The price is great as well. I liked the fact that I've seen many Argan oils for the same price range but none are alcohol free. Good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by julfin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is not as good as Moroccan Oil, but for the price it's a good substitute. It's thicker than M.O, so you need less product, and it can be easy to over do it and get oily looking hair, until you learn how much to use. If I have the money to spend, I'll chose Moroccan Oil, but if I'm wanting to save a bit of money, I'm very happy with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by RosesRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know that the argan oil product craze has been in full swing for a few years, but I hadn't tried any treatments until about a month ago. I bought this product because it seemed fairly cheap and with a decent amount of argan oil in it (some of the cheaper brands have bizarre additives- avoid the Live Clean one, for instance.)

It takes some practise to use this product right. It pours out of the bottle quickly, and you need such a small amount. I have shoulder-length, fine hair, and I use a circle of oil about the size of my pinky nail on the ends. That said, once you master pouring, this treatment is really good. It soothes dry ends, makes hair manageable and smooth, and has a nice scent, all without being too heavy.

I also find that this stuff works well if you add it into conditioner. I squeeze out my standard amount of conditioner onto my palm, mix in a little bit of this treatment, and apply as usual. With the subsequent rinsing and towel drying, there's much less chance of the oil staying in my hair and leaving it sticky.

My hair dresser did warn me about using this on blonde hair. Apparently, it can stain. For light blonde people, coconut oil is supposed to be much better, since it's white. That said, my roots are growing in at about Level 7 blonde, and I haven't seen any discoloration yet, so it's probably safe if your hair is darker than that.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by hayleighlynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't hate this product but it turns my bleach blonde hair brassy! And blonde girls everywhere do not want brassy hair! So i would not repurchase, instead i have Moroccan oil light which doesn't brass my hair, and keeps its more moisturised without weighing it down like this product does!
BLONDES BEWARE

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Natani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff .... i dont apply a lot and to be honest when applying oils u shouldn't apply a lot but anyways lol i love this !!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by cbookert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this stuff. I used it for straightening my curly hair. It makes my hair very very soft. Tends to make hair greaser sooner after a few days. If I dont use it I leave more hair unwashed longer. I gave it a 4 because the ingredients. Argan oil isnt the first ingredient. I think argan oil is after fragrance which isnt good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by crosario

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff. It's amazing and probably one of my favorite products to buy from Sally Beauty. I use it to finish my hair either when damp or dry, and it creates mirror shine on my dark hair, as well as softness and less frizz. A little bit goes a long way so I use a " nickle" size amount for my thick waste long hair. I generally use mostly all natural products on my hair and body, and this product is filled with silicones. However I don't think something more natural would give the same results so I'm not complaining. I feel like it keeps my hair from drying out in this freezing tri state area weather.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Iwantcoffee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used better. This product has the addictive Moroccan Oil smell and shine, but I found it too heavy for my fine, dry hair no matter how little I tried to use, and I always seemed to end up looking like a grease ball by the day's end! Over time, it actually seemed to dry my ends out further as well! I had to start over after using a good clarifying shampoo to remove all the build-up, and now am using the garnier argan oil, which is just as cheap and not as heavy!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by CamiBell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So on the fence about this. I'm a natural redhead, but went through kind of a mid-adolescent crisis and went both blonde and brunette. Well, that pretty much destroyed my hair. All I needed was an oil treatment that would make my hair less frizzy and make the split ends less visible.

This wasn't that treatment. For one, it makes a ridiculous mess. I mean just absolutely horrid. After you use this, it's as if you had an oil rig explode in your hands and trying to hold things, like, for example, your flat iron that heats up to 2nd degree burn temperature, becomes an absolute nightmare. This stuff also comes out of the bottle really quickly, and it's easy to use too much, which will make your hair (and your hands) look like a grease pit.

However, it did seem to "calm" my hair down just a very little bit, and did add some shine. But I didn't see the results I was looking for, and for that I can't say I'll be repurchasing. Still searching for my HG oil treatment!