October 2, 2014 | 1797 users online

Eyeliner - Hard Candy - Walk the Line Liquid Eyeliner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kristen0889

I purchased this in Sugar Plum since I love doing a purple smoky eye. I have a great purple pencil but I love the way liquids blend into the lash line so I really wanted to try this. I was disappointed to see that the brush is long bristles instead of a shorter felt tip, because when I apply liquid eyeliner the first thing I do is pull up my lid with my finger and dot the liner into my lash line, which is really hard to do with a flimsy bristle brush. Applying along the lash line is pretty easy, but I found the color to be too sheer, and it dried to a shiny, somewhat frosty finish. It just didnt go well with the smoky eye look I was going for. It also took forever to dry, and I have very hooded eyelids, so this was pretty bad about transferring, which was a huge pain since I would have to go back and fix my eyeshadow. Sugar Plum is the only color I've tried but I don't think I'll try any other color since the bristle brush is a deal breaker for me. The packaging is really cute, like most Hard Candy packaging. If I needed a color like turquoise I might buy it again, but I only wear brown, black, gray, and purple on my eyes and I can find better eyeliners in those shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by lilyheartsfinn

i bought this eyeliner because i was in need of some more liquid eyeliner and it was only 6$ at my walmart. the packaging is adorable as usual, and i got it in asphalt. it's very dark. the brush is very long, which makes it hard to put on if ur a beginner, but i got used to it. it smells like coconut:D it does take forever to dry tho. it's not bad for 6$. i would buy it again. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by beckren

great product....flaw....good luck getting it off

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by tuffaluffskee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My favorite liquid eyeliner at the moment. Asphalt is very dark and black, just how I like it. I honestly did not have a problem applying it and getting a nice wing. Takes a while to dry, but I don't really mind. Also just one of these lasts forever. I've had mine for about 10 months and I use it at least 4 days a week.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Where was this product back in my disco days? You know, the days, or rather, nights, I would spend dancing until I couldn't move anymore? This product would have been great then. I purchased two shades of this: dream girl, a sparkly gold color; and turquoise.

Dream girl is a very sheer gold glitter that looks cool dabbed onto the inner corners of the eyes if you are going out to a club. It can be layered for more sparkle or brushed on for just a hit. The big problem is that it takes 5-10 minutes to dry which is ridiculous.

Turquois is actually pretty matte and would be a fun liner during the summer months if the brush were fine. As it is, the brush makes very thick strokes that are not easy to contain for liner.

I would not buy either of these shades again because for the effect I'm looking for, I can find much better quality elsewhere.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

I was expecting this to not last on my eyes very long, but to my surprise it lasts all day long. The color and glitters are nice. This eyeliner does take awhile to dry though, maybe about 15 minutes. The brush is a bit flimsy, but not too bad. But oh well, it stays put all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by KrazyPanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used the Hard Candy liners for about two years now. They are the best, in my opinion. I've tried several others, but they crack and flake off. Hard Candy sticks to my eye and doesn't fade. It takes a bit to learn how to manuver the brush around, I won't lie, it's kind of flimsy. I personally use it over some gel liner to get the line more definate on my top lid.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by AmatuerArtist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Honestly, I really wanted to like this product, but I have some complaints.

I really like the formula, but it takes forever to dry.
The brush is horribly made. When I was applying this to the inner corners of my eyes, it kept smudging.

Overall, I would NOT buy this product again.

The packaging is really cute though.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by forevergreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i was looking for something new and fun when i stumbled across this. i bought it in sugar plum and i really liked the color, but applying it? not happening! i am a pro on applying liquid eyeliner, but this makes you look like a 3 year old trying to put it on! i think its the brush. it worked great on the outer edges but when i got near my inner eye it smudged everywhere! so i had to redo it, and discovered that no amount of washing will remove it. youd probably have to take a chisel to it to even get a little of it off. i was really dissapointed. not repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

Holy Grail!! short story. Applied this in black at 830 AM, set up a camp site, Went out on a bachlorette party, dinner, drinks, shows, went camping. Lazy me did not wash off my make-up, slept in a tent, got up at about 930 AM....THE NEXT DAY and this eyeliner was still on my eyes. perfect cat eye as usual! went home at about 12:30 and it was STILL on!! One downside.. the brush it comes with sucks! too flimsy, so i use my own eyeliner brush and dip it around the wand, wipe some off on my hand, then apply. I really hope my local wallmart does not get rid of this wonderfull line bc anything ive tried from HC i have loved!!!!