April 16, 2014 | 977 users online

Eyeliner - Hard Candy - Walk the Line Liquid Eyeliner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by KrazyPanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used the Hard Candy liners for about two years now. They are the best, in my opinion. I've tried several others, but they crack and flake off. Hard Candy sticks to my eye and doesn't fade. It takes a bit to learn how to manuver the brush around, I won't lie, it's kind of flimsy. I personally use it over some gel liner to get the line more definate on my top lid.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by AmatuerArtist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Honestly, I really wanted to like this product, but I have some complaints.

I really like the formula, but it takes forever to dry.
The brush is horribly made. When I was applying this to the inner corners of my eyes, it kept smudging.

Overall, I would NOT buy this product again.

The packaging is really cute though.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by forevergreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i was looking for something new and fun when i stumbled across this. i bought it in sugar plum and i really liked the color, but applying it? not happening! i am a pro on applying liquid eyeliner, but this makes you look like a 3 year old trying to put it on! i think its the brush. it worked great on the outer edges but when i got near my inner eye it smudged everywhere! so i had to redo it, and discovered that no amount of washing will remove it. youd probably have to take a chisel to it to even get a little of it off. i was really dissapointed. not repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

Holy Grail!! short story. Applied this in black at 830 AM, set up a camp site, Went out on a bachlorette party, dinner, drinks, shows, went camping. Lazy me did not wash off my make-up, slept in a tent, got up at about 930 AM....THE NEXT DAY and this eyeliner was still on my eyes. perfect cat eye as usual! went home at about 12:30 and it was STILL on!! One downside.. the brush it comes with sucks! too flimsy, so i use my own eyeliner brush and dip it around the wand, wipe some off on my hand, then apply. I really hope my local wallmart does not get rid of this wonderfull line bc anything ive tried from HC i have loved!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by blua

So I bought this at Walmart a couple of months ago, and haven't been using it regularly. I can't remember how much it cost, but I'm sure it wasn't that much..probably around $5?

Let me just say that my eyelids tend to get oily and eyeshadows usually crease (I don't wear any eyeshadow primers/bases).

There are a few things I like about this:

1) The packaging is cute (emphasis on just CUTE)
2) The color is very pigmented (I've only used the Asphalt)
3) ....well, I can't come up with a third one...but I guess it doesn't smell bad and it hasn't irritated my eye.

What I don't like about it:

1) Doesn't dry as quickly as I'd like it too.
2) Along with number 1, it's pretty hard to move if you smudge it while applying. I've had to redo my makeup again when I do the occasional mishap, or when I blink before it gets a chance to dry.
3) It doesn't last long! I only put it on my top lids, but at the end of the day it's smudge down to my bottom lashes.
4) The brush isn't the best, I've had to turn it a couple times at the edge of the bottle to get it to a point so it's easier to apply.

Maybe I expected too much , but it certainly didn't deliver. I just wanted to try something new, and I'm glad I didn't spend alot.

Wont repurchase, but I will use it when I have nothing else.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used and continue to use all different types of plum eyeliners (pencils, gel pots, creams, and now liquids) and now ventured into liquid eyeliner and have tried so far pretty much every Target/drugstore brand (Wet n Wild, Jemma Kidd, Almay... that's pretty much it for purple liquid eyeliner) and Hard Candy is pretty much the best. It's darker than Wet n Wild, not as garish as Jemma Kidd, and scores better in any degree than Almay. I'm a newbie with actually APPLYING it, but this was fairly easy. The brush was bendy yet thin and didn't splay. The color was an opaque plum, not garish or shimmery, and wasn't streaky or watery for me at all, which surprises me in the reviews. Too bad I can only find it in Wal Mart, which is far from me. So far, I like it a lot for a >$8 liquid eyeliner, especially in a plum color.

The packaging is cute (Hard Candy used to be a Sephora only brand) and who doesn't love a Johnny Cash rating.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

A friend gave me this for christmas, and I was so excited to try it out, because Im usually use gel/cream liners..im disapointed!

The packaging was cute, like all hard candy products, and the colour it gave (black with sparkles) was gorgeous, but it literally took it like 15 minutes to dry, and even then, if I gently put my finger on it, some of the liner comes off and it feels sticky...the brush is okay, but nothing special.

The most horrid thing that made me throw this product out, (although it was a gift ): ), was because the ingredients were horrible! There was around 4-5 parabens, amongst other bad ingredients. I may occasionally put parabens on my skin if I cannot leaave a cream, but putting those harmful ingredients on my lids is just a big no-no.

Dont waste your money on this! I know the colours are nice, but Wet and Wild has a nice colour choice and their liners are better (so I hear from friends)!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by JrJ21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS THING TAKES FOREVER TO DRY. I have to wait at least 2 minutes for it to dry. The brush isnt that bad it just spreads apart and make the eyeliner go everywhere ( this eyeliner also takes forever to get off)
On the upside it lasts for quite awhile and has a pretty good formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Kookies3000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product I'm so surprised by the reviews, yes the brush is not the best. I suggest you take some of the product off back into the container then apply. The color I have is asphalt and it's the only liner i use on my eyes. I haven't had any problem with irritation at all, it stays on for a long time. I've been wanting to go back and purchase a different color just because I love the liner.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ohglorie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like Hard Candy, but I hate this product. I have it in the pink color that's shown in the picture. It basically doesn't even show up, and if it does, it doesn't stay put. I will say that I'm not the best with liquid liner, but it is definitely NOT entirely me that's the problem. I've tried using it as an eyeshadow base and it's just okay, but it's not so easy to remove.