August 20, 2014 | 1951 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Pressed Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by manhattanite

I didn't like this powder at first...but now love it. I think the problem a lot of people have is that they're trying to use this like a regular powder instead of a mineral product. Use it sparingly and you should be just fine. One generous swipe with the provided sponge should be enough to do a whole half of your face! Start at the periphery of your face and work in (or at least I do when I use this). This powder builds well. I have a hyperpigmented spot on a cheek due to an acne scar that I can cover by building the product over it. I personally wouldn't use a brush with this. I understand that some people say this works, but this product is expensive and that would use it too quickly. Plus, I remember reading something about brush application and the resulting inhalation of mineral products not being good for people. Shade matches are fine when used properly IMO. The finish isn't shimmery like a lot of mineral products can be. I haven't had an acne breakout since using this product. I probably like the other LM powder foundation better because I can get it in a shade with a stronger yellow undertone; however, the shades for this product are still pretty good and, again, I have less breakouts with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by kingsley3870

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read alot of reviews on this product and was pretty nervous at first and considered returning it but now I'm so glad I didn't this is by far my favourite foundation I have sort of oily skin fair skin and this matches perfectly and doesn't cake at all. It a little pricey though but its worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by greengoblin

I prefer using powder foundation with medium coverage for regular work days. When I started to hit pan on my Make Up Forever Duo Mat powder, I figured I would try something new. So off I was to Sephora and after looking a little, decided I wanted to try this foundation. At the store, the SA matched me up and it looked like a good match. So I came home all happy and the next day I put it onn, as I was applying it, I realized that it was the wrong color, it was about 2 shades darker for me and made me look dull. I figured I would wait to step out and see it in daylight, sure enough it made me look dull and dark with zero coverage. By about lunchtime, it totally disappeared. It lasted only about 5 hours! So I went back to sephora hoping they would give me a better shade but the next shade was too light for me. And I trotted right back to MUFE.
As per my single use - too expensive, limited choice of colors, has no lasting power. I would not recommend it to anyone with combination/oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by BeccaRose89

I read alot of reviews before buying this - and so didn't have super high expectations. Alot of people didn't seem to like it, but some claimed HG status. However, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. I think the bad reviews must have been from people whose skin did not match the colour of the powder. I have quite fair skin, and the tender rose (not even the lightest one) matches my skin perfectly. It gives a nice velvety finish without looking cakey or fake. I also like that it's not just a plain powder, but has some skincare benefits to it. Some pressed powders clog my pores but this one did not. It is expensive, but I only plan to use it when I'm out for touch ups, so I think it will last. If the colour doesn't match your skin don't bother. But if you find your shade, go for it! Lovely :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by thud

This is a great product! I have oily, acne-prone skin and this is doesn't break me out. The only issue: it doesn't actually keep shine at bay-I have to use a mattifying moisturizer for that. Otherwise, it does impart a glow and provide decent coverage. A rare, non-ashy match for black skin :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by SarcasmCynical

I love you Laura Mercier Powder, I really do, but you're so expensive! I love that this is one of the rare powders out there that doesn't show every flake on my face AND has just enough yellow to correct redness in my uber pale face. Sadly, I could never make it through an 8-hr work day without my face getting oily and it showing every pore on my face. It's not you Laura, really, it's me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Parulk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst pressed powder. It's very powdery therefore you end up using more than required. It cakes up very easily and settles in the pores. Absolute waste of money

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Spenno

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love loose MP but not the best for trying to put on when you are on the train to work!
Agree with other reviews - do not bother with the sponge as this will give poor coverage. I apply with a small powder brush first dabbing on then using circle motions. Great coverage and does not give me a greasy face by midday like Estee Lauder loose MP. However, that could be down to my recent change to using Origins oil free face wash and moisturiser. Also loving LM concealer duo - great coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by luvsick99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I suppose I gave it a 2 b/c of the ingredients & quite frankly, it's not terribly the most awful product available. It's just not that good. I have the LM mineral loose powder & it's a dream. Best MMU I've used. I have it in Tender Rose & it's a great match to my skin (NC20 once upon a time, BM fairly light/ fair mixed). That said, tho I faithfully read all the bad reviews here & remarks about the loose/pressed color names not matching up.. I was so impressed w/the loose powder I bought the compact anyways. I had to get Tender Rose..not much selection..the next lighter one is way too light & next darker one too dark!! The colors don't match w/the pressed/loose counterpart despite their mimiced names. Tender Rose pressed was much lighter! Very white on my skin. The make up all together is quite different. The loose powder blends well, it's almost creamy, light but buildable coverage. The pressed offers little to no coverage (from what I can tell w/o proper color match), it seems to cake & not blend. Too bad, I love the loose powder & really hoped to have a to have its sister-to-go compact. Not the case...literally. I bought Tarte's MMU pressed compact instead.. Fair 02 was a much better match! Tho still not the ultimate choice, better all around nonetheless. If this product left u sour..as many have seemed to indicate, I urge u to try LM 's MMU loose power instead if u haven't done so yet!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kateo713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this less than a week ago because I was looking for a new foundation. I have sensitive skin and I had recently returned BE because it made my face itch and tingle - the nerve of the sales lady to tell me when I returned it that this feeling is "normal." Anyway, after going through all of Sephora trying to find a color match on several different powder foundations with SPF, I came across Laura Mercier's Mineral Pressed Powder. I did a color match in the store and it was perfect (Tender Rose). So, I made the purchase as I had high hopes.

The next day I went through my normal makeup routine and put this on my face. About a half-hour later, while driving, I noticed a weird metallic scent, but at first thought it was coming from outside. I'm glad to see someone a few reviews down noticed that smell too. What is this smell? Does anyone know because this can't be a good thing.

Then, in the past few days, I've had big red hive-like pimples pop up on my cheeks. I think it made my face itch too. It also made me look more oily (usually I'm only oily in the T-zone, but my cheeks right next to my nose looked oily too), and in the areas surrounding my nose it made my pores look a lot bigger than they are.

Needless to say, I'm highly disappointed, and will be returning this produce ASAP. Back to the foundation hunt....