December 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Pressed Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by HeddaLettuce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Holy full coverage batman! I use Rich Vanilla and I'm NC25. I use the sponge it comes with to apply all over then buff buff buff with my kabuki brush. Flawless finish but I do need to touch up midday because I'm oily and live in extreme hot climate. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by teago

I feel this is a very misunderstood product.

I call this my mineral equivalent of MAC Studio Fix powder because it has grrreeaatt coverage but if you use the powder puff and constantly dip it back in to the powder and apply more you will get greasy but powdery oxidised cake face within the hour.

Most days I dip my kabuki in and it can do one half of my face. If i want fuller coverage Ill apply it with the sponge fairly heavily but then Ill go back and buff it in which is KEY for any mineral powder, pressed or loose.
The sponge that comes with it has two textures..one side for heavy coverage and the other for touch ups. If I need to touch up, one pat in the foundation with the sponge will do my whole tzone.

The finish is a very natural and perfecting satin look with medium coverage that looks more like full but really isnt if that makes any sense?! It really does 'blur' imperfections.

I constantly hear industry artists say 'Its full coverage but you can sheer it out' and I really feel that for this foundation...you can do whatever you want with it if you know how.

The coulours in this range are different than the loose powder version so be careful! Im real sand in the pressed but I am sure I would be one down in the loose version, which Im hanging to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by manhattanite

I didn't like this powder at first...but now love it. I think the problem a lot of people have is that they're trying to use this like a regular powder instead of a mineral product. Use it sparingly and you should be just fine. One generous swipe with the provided sponge should be enough to do a whole half of your face! Start at the periphery of your face and work in (or at least I do when I use this). This powder builds well. I have a hyperpigmented spot on a cheek due to an acne scar that I can cover by building the product over it. I personally wouldn't use a brush with this. I understand that some people say this works, but this product is expensive and that would use it too quickly. Plus, I remember reading something about brush application and the resulting inhalation of mineral products not being good for people. Shade matches are fine when used properly IMO. The finish isn't shimmery like a lot of mineral products can be. I haven't had an acne breakout since using this product. I probably like the other LM powder foundation better because I can get it in a shade with a stronger yellow undertone; however, the shades for this product are still pretty good and, again, I have less breakouts with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by kingsley3870

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read alot of reviews on this product and was pretty nervous at first and considered returning it but now I'm so glad I didn't this is by far my favourite foundation I have sort of oily skin fair skin and this matches perfectly and doesn't cake at all. It a little pricey though but its worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by greengoblin

I prefer using powder foundation with medium coverage for regular work days. When I started to hit pan on my Make Up Forever Duo Mat powder, I figured I would try something new. So off I was to Sephora and after looking a little, decided I wanted to try this foundation. At the store, the SA matched me up and it looked like a good match. So I came home all happy and the next day I put it onn, as I was applying it, I realized that it was the wrong color, it was about 2 shades darker for me and made me look dull. I figured I would wait to step out and see it in daylight, sure enough it made me look dull and dark with zero coverage. By about lunchtime, it totally disappeared. It lasted only about 5 hours! So I went back to sephora hoping they would give me a better shade but the next shade was too light for me. And I trotted right back to MUFE.
As per my single use - too expensive, limited choice of colors, has no lasting power. I would not recommend it to anyone with combination/oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by BeccaRose89

I read alot of reviews before buying this - and so didn't have super high expectations. Alot of people didn't seem to like it, but some claimed HG status. However, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. I think the bad reviews must have been from people whose skin did not match the colour of the powder. I have quite fair skin, and the tender rose (not even the lightest one) matches my skin perfectly. It gives a nice velvety finish without looking cakey or fake. I also like that it's not just a plain powder, but has some skincare benefits to it. Some pressed powders clog my pores but this one did not. It is expensive, but I only plan to use it when I'm out for touch ups, so I think it will last. If the colour doesn't match your skin don't bother. But if you find your shade, go for it! Lovely :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by thud

This is a great product! I have oily, acne-prone skin and this is doesn't break me out. The only issue: it doesn't actually keep shine at bay-I have to use a mattifying moisturizer for that. Otherwise, it does impart a glow and provide decent coverage. A rare, non-ashy match for black skin :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by SarcasmCynical

I love you Laura Mercier Powder, I really do, but you're so expensive! I love that this is one of the rare powders out there that doesn't show every flake on my face AND has just enough yellow to correct redness in my uber pale face. Sadly, I could never make it through an 8-hr work day without my face getting oily and it showing every pore on my face. It's not you Laura, really, it's me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Parulk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst pressed powder. It's very powdery therefore you end up using more than required. It cakes up very easily and settles in the pores. Absolute waste of money

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Spenno

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love loose MP but not the best for trying to put on when you are on the train to work!
Agree with other reviews - do not bother with the sponge as this will give poor coverage. I apply with a small powder brush first dabbing on then using circle motions. Great coverage and does not give me a greasy face by midday like Estee Lauder loose MP. However, that could be down to my recent change to using Origins oil free face wash and moisturiser. Also loving LM concealer duo - great coverage.