October 24, 2014 | 1716 users online

Mascara - FairyDrops - FAIRYDROPS Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by tiffers

I got this when i was in asia (waterproof, purple tube). Probably a little cheaper than the horrid 24 they go for at Sephora here, but not much. Honestly, my everyday, casual holy grail. Lengthens and thickens, holds a curl, doesnt smudge, doesn't clump. NOT dramatic, but sometimes I let it dry and add a few more coats and I've gotten a lot of compliments with this. It is gentle on the eyes, and I haven't had problems removing it unlike Lash Blast or Falsies. Sometimes I put falsies or some "more dramatic" mascara over it, for more effect, because Fairy Drops doesnt leave my lashes feeling brittle. Love love love, looking to buy the pink/gold packaging one at sephora when i run out. Definitely my HG mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by kelsiecurry1

I got this in my Sephora Lash Stash kit, and I really think it would be better in a full sized version. The brush does an awesome job of curling lashes, but as with any mascara involving fibers it's difficult to transfer all the product easily from the wand to lashes. My tube didn't say waterproof but it did not budge all day and felt waterproof to me when I was trying to wash it off. It made my lashes look lush and full but not dramatic and full of volume which is what I wanted. Overall a good mascara for everyday, since it makes lashes full and natural looking.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by vhgalita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a mascara sampler. I love love LOVE the way it looks, but I constantly feel like there's something in my eye whenever I wear it, and I'm pretty sure its fibers were the reason I somehow ended up with an eye infection last week (probably somehow got a fiber into my eye while trying to wash it off). Will not be purchasing it and will probably move onto other mascaras D:

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tube is shorter and fatter than I was expecting (and it's kind of cheapy looking for the price). Gives a really good result, but it's a super wet formula so it's easy to get on eyelids. Huge pain in the a$$ to remove......so much so I will only use it special occasions. Not worth the $ in my opinion (would definitely reconsider this and buy it again if it were easier to remove). *EDIT* had to knock more lippies off. It was just way too hrd to remove fully. I would have flakes on my cheeks well into the next day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by thisislizlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own both Scandal Queen and Volume Burst Mascara in waterproof.

I have a full review of Scandal Queen on my blog: http://www.makingmymarcbyliz.com/2011/0/fairydrops-scandal-queen-mascara.html

As for the Volume Burst Mascara, I like that it's more volumizing than Scandal Queen, but it clumps up easier. I'm a huge fan of asian mascaras with the fiber formulations because they don't smudge at all, the only issue with fiber formulations is, as it is fabulous for length, it lacks exceptional volume.

I love dramatic lashes even on a daily basis, and even though both don't give me the volume that I'm looking for, they are both great for everyday wear. But for going out, I'll use a more dramatic mascara and coat them with one of the fairy drops mascara for a smudge free look.

Overall, I enjoy using the fairydrops mascaras, and even though I said I'd repurchase the products, I'm still undecided if I would. $24 is expensive for mascara, and sometimes I think I would rather spend an extra $6 to purchase Giorgio Armani's Eyes To Kill, and Eyes To Kill Excess

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by twelfthminute

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the waterproof, "volume burst" version of this mascara (purple tube).

Held my curl for the first part of the day, but the effect wore off and my curls were straight and drooping again. Was totally disappointed since so many people have raved about how fairydrops can hold curls well.

Volume wasn't particularly fantastic. There's not a lot I could find to love about this mascara, unfortunately. I really wish I could have.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Aubergine10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara, with a caveat.

As other people have mentioned, it's lengthening, but doesn't particularly add fullness (I have pretty curly lashes, so couldn't say much about its ability to curl). And, as other people have mentioned, more than 1 coat of this can lead to clumping.

So, to rectify this problem, I put a thin coat of my HG DiorShow on over the Fairydrops.

This totally fixes it - I get length, definition, fullness, and ultra-black feathery lashes. I don't necessarily use this every day - I'll maybe use this combo on a day when I plan to go out that evening (the effect lasts all day).

And, for ultra-super-special events, when I REALLY want to the fake-lash look (without actually applying false lashes, which I hate), I start with a coat of Lancome Cils Booster XL, follow with a couple of coats of Fairydrops (swept over the tops and bottoms of my lashes, which I'd never thought to try before, but the illustration on the Fairydrops packaging implied that that was the way to go), and finished with a coat of DiorShow, or even DiorShow Blackout.

What can I tell you? I'm a mascara freak. It's hands-down the most important component of my makeup regimen, and the one I'll happily spend the most on. So while having this combo of products on hand can get a bit pricey, as far as I'm concerned, it's TOTALLY worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Not awful, not great. It clumps on me and necessitates lots of combing between coats. It provides minimal to moderate volume and doesn't smudge much, but did not stay put during a nap and flaked a bit. Lots of hype, but Covergirl Professional mascara is under $10, provides less clumps and better volume, doesn't flake and doesn't budge during activities, naps. Nice marketing, but just an average, overpriced, smudge-resistant mascara. UPDATE: yep, I compared CG Professional Thick and it blew this out of the water. With FD, it still smears and when I step close to a shower (not even put my face under the water), it smears in clumps everywhere. With CG, no clumps or combing between coats. With this, I have to take off the excess with a kleenex and comb quickly each time or my lashes get gummy and stick together. Even drugstore skeptics, give it a try. I will certainly not purchase FD again, can't depend on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by kisstheradio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the waterproof, "volume burst" version of this mascara (purple tube) which I picked up in Tokyo. Like most tubing mascaras I've tried, it's not that great with building volume, but it gives long, clean, and clump-free lashes, which is good enough for me. It's actually pretty waterproof too - I use an oil-based makeup remover to get it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by pnasty

My pin-straight lashes have been forever transformed by FAIRYDROPS Scandal Queen! Nothing else (not Lancome, Diorshow, Lashblast, NOTHING) will come near my eyelashes again. This is honestly a miracle product. It lasts all day without smudging or smearing or coming off, holds perfectly, and CURLS so well!