Revlon Eyelash curler

3.0

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I don't like the way this works or how this makes my lashes look.I find that this gives gives my eye lashes hard edges instead of curling them they bend them and it doesn't do this all lashes making it look even worse..They also have the down lever has to lean against your cheek and thus messes the makeup.
I seriously love my elf curler I will never leave it again.

on 5/16/2012 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This works well for me, but I already have long, semi-curled lashes, so they don't need a curler that does anything major. It's a bit heavier than I would like, but sturdy, at least. My last curler snapped, sprung back, and hit me in the eye, giving me a nice black eye! At least I know this one won't do that! If you only need a little bit of curl, go with this, but if you need something that's going to make major impact, this probably isn't the curler for you.
UPDATE: Well, isn't that just my luck? Literally days after writing a good review for this curler, I noticed that mine is FALLING APART! I've had it for maybe 4 months. The top part is coming off on one side. I pushed it back down, but now when I use it, it just pops back up again on that side, making it next to impossible to use. So much for that!

on 4/8/2012 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have always thought that all eyelash curlers are the same and never bothered buying a good one. My old eyelash curler was a no-brand drugstore kind and it was cheap. It pinched my lid and doesnt do a good job at curling my lashes. Then I lost it somehow, and decided to get a new one. I wanted to try the shue uemera, but couldnt justify spending that much money on an eyelash curler. I was browsing ebay and came across a seller that sold this plus international shipping around USD 9.00 and thought why not.

And wow, amazing!! now i truly know what its like to have a good eyelash curler... fits my Asian eye shape too a tee, doesnt pinch my lid at all and gives me great great curl....for such a cheap price this works marvelously....highly recommended

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My natural eyelashes are short, thick, and straight. So I really do need an eyelash curler, otherwise mascaras are useless and I don't look like I have any eyelashes.
This so-called "eyelash curler" doesn't curl my eyelashes at all! I tried everything; I tried to heat it for 3 seconds under my hair blow-drier and it couldn't curl my eyelashes. I even tried holding this at the base of my lashes for a full 15 seconds and it couldn't curl my lashes.
The only reason why I don't rate this 1 lipstick is because it doesn't pinch my eye, tug, or pull out my eyelashes.
I found out that the MAC Full Lash Curler is the best eyelash curler!
Would I repurchase? No.

on 1/28/2012 10:14:00 AM

This works pretty good for me.It doesn't pinch at my eye which some eyelash curlers do. It's wide enough for my eyes and it's cheap. It curls my eyelashes enough even when my eyelashes are crazy. I'm not expecting it to give me miraculous results and for the price I enjoy this a lot.

on 1/26/2012 12:40:00 PM

This eyelash curler works great for me. I already have long eyelashes, so it helps. But, this still does the trick of giving my lashes a little curl. I would reccommend. It's cheap & effective:)

This product was very cheap so I brought it not worrying to much about quality. However I'm quite impressed. For the money spend the quality isn't to bad. I find my lashed hold their curl all day. However I do have very long lashes which are already quite curled.
I would probably buy this product again if it was cheap, The rubber seems to hold well and the packaging was quite cheap but that didn't really bother me.

on 12/16/2011 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Ugh this product doesn't hold my curl, I have to press superrrr hard to curl my asian lashes. After releasing, in 10 seconds my lashes are back to normal. Cheap is always crap.

on 12/16/2011 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this curler because it was the most expensive one at Walmart, usually when you pay more you get a better product. No the case at all. The round rubber finger grips fall out and don't stay in place, along with the rubber pad that makes contact with the lashes. I had to super glue mine. The curler also rips out my eyelashes, there is a tiny space on either end of the top of the curler that rests against your eyelid. These spaces catch eyelashes in them so when you go to remove the curler from your eye the eyelashes are yanked out. I've had to cut the curler from my lashes before, I've just gotten so sick of this curler that I just let it yank them in hopes that the space will be preoccupied and filled. I'm going to buy an e.l.f. eyelash curler today, it's only $1. I'm sure anything at this point is better than the Revlon eyelash curler.

I don't understand how this simple eyelash curler received so many bad reviews. I guess this shows how eyelash curlers are different for everyone.
To start this off, I'm Asian and I have a monolid. I think it works great for me, however I think you need to practice a bit with it. When I first used it, it had the tendency to pinch the corners of my eyes, but after a few uses I can just put the curler up to my eye and curl without thinking about it.
If you have small eyes, I can imagine this might not work well for you, since I think it works better on larger eyes, just looking at the shape.
I got it for $2 and a few extra cents at Target. Great deal, I think.
EDIT: I suggest warming this curler up with your hands or against your skin. For some reason, this curler doesn't curl as well when it's cold. :) Make sure it's room temperature or warm.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools