November 28, 2014 | 1710 users online

Lipstick - Hard Candy - Fire Alarm

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by megnmosmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many different lipsticks in my constant search for the perfect nude.....this is it!
The color is perfect in my opinion. It looks great alone or with a gloss on top. It doesn't dry my lips out at all. And I only paid $2 for mine on sale at Wal Mart, but for some reason they have not restocked their HC products in months. I'm reaching the end of this lipstick so I am starting to panic!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by savannahdmpc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been searching all over to find a perfect nude lipstick and with this I finally found it. I love the pink (not ORANGE) undertone and the fact that its not frosty. I apply it very lightly because my skin's just a bit too pale to cake it on. For best results I exfoliate my lips and apply this over lip balm.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Sad - another miss for the Hard Candy line. I know that a lot of people, and YT gurus have been really happy and surprised about some of the HC stuff, but I've just been disappointed with everytihng they have to offer right now at Walmart.

Price was $6, which is just fine for me. I got this, hoping it would be a dupe for MAC Hue l/s - which I had read in some reviews on here.

First, I really don't like the consistency. To me, it wears like a really cheap lipstick. In fact, I've had cheaper lipsticks that have had better feel than this. It goes on streaky and chalky at the same time. The color is a grayed pink, to me. Hue is a perfect peachy-pink in my opinion.

Second, the packaging. I know a lot of people think it's cute - but the ribbon just seems like a PITA. I actually give HC credit for trying, and it is original, but just not entirely functional.

I had previously purchased another lipstick from this line and didn't dislike it as much as this one. This just seems to be really poor quality. NC25 - for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PERFECT NUDE COLOUR! This lipstick has pink-beige undetones and NOT orange-beige undertones, which is soooo hard to find (especially in drugstores!) and so much more wearable! And it does not have any frost, which is just a cheap filler for actual pigment.Creamy and pretty decent staying power....... For $6 CAD I will keep buying it - I acutally prefer this to MAC Hue or Creme de Nude (sp???). It is actually a perfect dupe for MAC's Creme de Nude (sp??) but I prefet Hard Candy formula better. I layer it with HC Scoop lipgloss (which is a beige-nude) and it is THE perfect NUDE lip. I'm so happy I finally found a 'nude-lip' look that works perfectly for me and it turned out to be drugstore!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by miamisparkle

The packaging is super cute and this is a really pretty pinky nude color. It goes on creamy and smooth, I love this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Heyyeyy05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Walmart in my area just started carrying the Hard Candy line, and this lipstick was my first purchase from the line. I have to say I am incredibly impressed. For $6 Cdn. this lipstick is well worth it. It is very sheer, but buildable, and the colour is the pink-nude i've been searching for! On me, this colour reads more baby pink than nude or beige, but I've always found nudes either too fleshtoned, or orangy, which I find washes me out. It is also the first nude I've found that doesn't require any extra effort to achieve the desired look. It has a glossy finish, and doesn't dry out your lips or settle in the lines. I've also found this relatively long-lasting unlike other reviews i've read, as i've been wearing this for about two hours now and it hasn;t faded yet! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by butterflyaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Using this lipstick alone doesn't work for me. It's too pale, and it almost has a grayish tint on my lips. I do love it as a base though! Like everyone else says, it is creamy and moisturizing. I use it under my lipglosses and it allows the true lip gloss color to show through since using glosses alone on my pigmented lips doesn't really show up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an extremely pale nude with a pretty significant pink undertone. On my NC35 skin, it's a little too pale and corpse looking unless I layer a gloss on top of it. However, I love the formula of this lipstick. It's incredibly creamy and moisturizing, and it looks extremely shiny on the lips. It can be layered, so when I wear this, I only wear a light layer. If you apply to many layers of this though, it starts becoming uneven. Overall though, I'm really impressed with this lipstick and even though I have to work with it to make it work with me, I would still rebuy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

"Fire Alarm" is quite alarming. When I first laid eyes on it, I thought it was nothing more than concealer in a tube. How wrong was I!

A friend of mine gave it to me for free. After awhile of of trial and error, I've learned that "Fire Alarm" looks stunning when you use a light and gentle hand. Barely touching it, just one stroke across the lips will do.

This lipstick is great for muting loud, pigmented lips. I also like to use this as a lipstick mixer. Any shade of lipstick is magically transformed when I use this underneath.

The only con is that "Fire Alarm" is a total dry spell. You'll need a good moisturizing chap stick or lip balm to pair with this as you'll need to do so with so many drugstore lipsticks these days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Reminds me a lot of MAC Hue, only more wearable (on me). Where Hue was too cool and has a grey undertone that made me look corpse-like, Fire Alarm is warmer and more pink. It is a lovely take on the nude lip look, a soft very pale pink color. It would look fab with a smokey eye, or just a subtle, luminous natural look. I will be using it often. It seems like a lot of people are annoyed by the packaging. Personally I think it's cute and will make it a lot easier to find this lipstick among the many in my giant stash.