Stila Kitten Lip Glaze

3.8

on 11/14/2010 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

Agree the mechanism is a bit odd; I kept turning, nothing happened, and then all the sudden a glob of gloss came out. I don't find the smell offensive, it's sugary smelling but not sickening, and it spreads fairly easily with the applicator. I also agree that a light hand is needed, much like with the eyeshadow, or it looks too teenagey and frosty. With a light touch it's a shimmery, pretty pinky color, mostly nude but with a bit of shine. It has decent staying power but it did leave my lips dry. I wouldn't get it again, but I'll use it up, it's pretty if I just use a bit.

I'm editing to add that I would buy this again, and it gets a higher score. I like the clicky mechanism now that I've learned to use it, and I like the color and sparkle, which is pretty but not over the top. A light hand is needed, but the applicator makes it easy to apply just a light coat rather than glob it on. I do have to reapply frequently, but I like it enough that I will get it again.

on 11/14/2010 1:33:00 PM

I got this as part of a 4 pack-all of the colors in the set have a horrible smell & taste that lasts for hours. They look nice & shiny, but I don't want a chemical taste, so I definitely won't buy again!! Also, it takes many turns to get color to flow down to brush-at first, I thought it was defective, but eventually it comes out.

on 10/28/2010 2:10:00 AM

pretty, glossy, glittery, smells good :)

super stickyyy :(

on 10/26/2010 1:43:00 AM

I really like this shade and generally stila lip glazes. They have excellent staying power in my experience and they are not overly shiny or unnatural. the kitten color is natural enough that I wear when I'm dressed casually. Also I haven't experienced the peeling and flaking others have.

on 10/18/2010 3:04:00 PM

Normally I steer clear of these click pen type glosses as I tend to over click them and then end up with gloss all over the place. I had one accident with this gloss, but for the most part, I had no issues with the click pen style. I'm not particularly fond of the color. If i'm not careful, it's waaaay to frosty/nude. The texture is sticky, but slick if that makes sense. I dont' really like how this gloss is as I think this causes my lips to flake/peel?? Overall, I wouldn't buy this or other stila lip glazes because of the way it makes my lips feel (flake/peel).

on 9/28/2010 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Don't really like this gloss--it's a nude/pink shimmery gloss but a little too frosty for my liking.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got this in a set with the Kitten eye shadow. I fell in love with the eye shadow and I expected that this would be just as good. This gloss's color is nothing like the eye shadow. I find this is more gold then champagne. The gloss itself is pretty mediocre. It goes on very gloppy, partly because of the applicator and does not smooth in very well. I don't like the stickiness of this gloss, it is a little bit like Lancome's Juicy Tubes. There really was nothing that I liked about this gloss. It is such an overpriced product and it will more then likely end in the trash.

on 8/20/2010 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is an okay lip gloss. nothing special about the color. i expected it to look like a champagne nude on my lips, but my lips still look pink from my natural lip pigmentation with just a slight goldish champagne sheen. i like the packaging though, with the nice click pen. i own 8 others of these stila lip glazes and the others have good pigmentation.

on 8/15/2010 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

My skin tone is dark so I thnk that this worn alone is not suitable but when I pair it with coral or muted pink lipstick it works. I love the consistency of it. I could do without the sparkles but it is not gritty. What I love about this the most is the staying power. It stays on my lips even after I've eaten ot drink something which is Amazing..... It is not too sticky but it is kind of heavy, you do feel it on yor lips. The color is very opaque and not sheer at all. Very pigmented gloss but not too powereful or overwhelming. It gives just the right and manageable amount of color upon application.I love stila lip glazes. The ones I've tried out are great.

on 7/17/2010 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hmm.. I like this lip glaze despite the mixed reviews. The texture is nice and thick, without being stricky, the color is truly a glaze, it gives me a shiny glow to my already pigmented lips. I think in the sun it would be even nicer with the peachy gold shimmer. I like the MLBB look, and this fits right in. I have not tried it on top of other colors- I think a little dab in the center of the lip though would be just the highlight some lip colors need.

Recommended for Medium Skin