Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/2/2013 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So many uses for this stuff! I ventured into "no pooing" a few months ago and used this with water to condition. Though I gave up on the baking soda part I stuck with this stuff. Makes hair soft and helps with build up.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is the shit! I put a bit (a teaspoon or two, sometimes a tablespoon if im up for it) in my water every morning. Have to admit, it is NASTY. Disgusting and awful but has made my skin so beautiful and amazing and clear id say its worth it. Good luck;)

on 8/26/2013 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've read many reviews on ACV and girls please be careful with your ratio. The 4/1 ratio for your hair is way too much. 1 table spoon per cup of water is plenty.

Now for my review, I've recently switch country and I'm now confronted to very hard water. Hard water can really build up on the hair and make it dry and brittle. I use the ration mentioned earlier in filtered water as a final rinse. If you put back hard water in your hair after in kinda defeat the purpose. I alternate between a gentle bio shampoo (lavera) with occasional clarifying shampoo. When I use it with the gentle shampoo I use the ratio mentioned earlier, with my harsher shampoo I add a couple of drops of glycerin in the mix to make the rinse more moisturizing.

If you have dry hair you can use either a very small amount of glycerin, aloe juice or honey. I will counteract the drying effect from the ACV.

As for the results, my hair is very shinny and full and doesn't get greasy as fast. And contrary to what people think for external use you don't need the mother in it.

on 8/22/2013 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have both Bragg and Walmart's own brand "Great Value" ACV and I don't see much difference for rinsing my hair. I often spend time in the pool and can't spend $ for swim shampoo. I saw in some swim forums that rinse off with ACV after shampoo and conditioner or mix baking soda in the shampoo. So I chose ACV rinse method. I have healthy hair except that quite dry and rough after spending ~4-5x a week in the pool. Of course, I lost weight :) Anyway, I bought a gallon ACV bottle from Walmart with <$5 and 1:4 mix with water in an empty shampoo bottle. That gallon bottle lasts the whole summer... I still have some in the bottle. In my experience, Bragg smells very stronger than Great Value. My hair doesn't smell like ACV with GV but I feel the clean feeling. Since I am rinsing off after not longer than 3 min, I don't see the point of using organic or natural but maybe when I have more $... I save Bragg for facial mask with Indian/Bentonite Clay.

on 6/17/2013 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I do an acv rinse every Sunday. It makes my hair feel so smooth and removes mineral buildup. I shampoo my roots then add a mixture of mostly water and a few splashes of this, no conditioner needed.

on 5/30/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased the Heinz brand at walmart because that is all they had. I really did not think this would work because I have tried many things to help with my hormonal cystic breakouts and nothing has worked. I have been using this a week now and my face has completely cleared up. It looks fresher. The smell is awful but I don't really care because it made such a difference in my skin in just one week. I will continue to use this everyday.

on 5/23/2013 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate the smell. I live in hot, humid Asia & you smell horrible after rinsing your hair with any diluted vinegar. Don't see any result on my hair too. Prefer using coconut oil as hair mask and gentle deep cleansing shampoo for my slightly damaged chemical treated hair.

on 5/23/2013 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've had a MASSIVE cherry angioma in the middle of my face for over a decade. Even my own mom thought it was ugly. My boyfriend was constantly saying "oh hey you have a big zit." It was raised and concealer wasn't helping. I went to a derm who offered to laser it off for the hefty sum of $300, plus weeks of downtime with bruising. I declined.

On the net some people had mentioned that if you scratch it with a CLEAN pin until it bleeds, then apply vinegar 3x a day until it scabs over, it can disappear. I was skeptical but had nothing to lose. You know if you are doing this process right because the vinegar does sting a bit. You can stop applying vinegar once the scab forms.

It scabbed over and looked really gross. I now had a giant black scab in the middle of my face. Terrific. But I managed not to pick at it even once, which is a miracle on its own, and left it alone. 2 weeks later, the scab fell off the the angioma was GONE. It's like magic. It's just GONE. For free instead of $300. I am THRILLED!

on 5/2/2013 11:31:00 PM

Purchased a bottle from Walmart (Great Value Brand) because I heard it would remove warts. Well, let me tell you...IT WORKS. My son has a dime size wart on his finger and after using ACV once, it has gone down a lot! I simply soaked a cotton ball and secured it with a band aid before going to bed. I think another 2-3 nights of this should do the trick.

on 4/24/2013 11:00:00 AM

Ok, so I only break this out on nights when I'm staying in and won't offend anyone with the ungodly stench. This stuff burns my eyes, it smells so bad, and I'll never get used to it.
HOWEVER, it has really helped with my skin! I've been using it for two weeks, and my skin is really clear and less oily, and my red acne marks are fading! It's also super nifty for a clarifying/shine rinse. Highly Recommend!

Popular Hair Products