September 22, 2014 | 1026 users online

Hair - Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by alishe43093

I've had so many problems with acne since i've been about 12, and i'm still dealing with it and i'm 20. I've used numerous topical creams, have been on accutane (which I have to say improved my acne by about 70% and its been about four years since being off of it). Some of my acne did come back after about a year so I went on doxycycline-which did nothing. A year and half ago I tried the acne.org system and it worked so well for me. But after a year and a half, i got some light acne again which is annoying after being clear on and off again-plus it spread to my chest and back a little. Good system, but very messy and makes your skin feel weird if you don't put it on right after you shower or wash your face...yet I would recommend it to people if ACV didn't work for them.

My mom suggested that I try ACV so I mixed ACV and water (1/4 cup:1/4 cup) with about 5 drops of tea tree oil. So far I love this!!! I find the tea tree oil is very strong in the container at first with the ACV/water mix, but it tones down after a day or so. It also seemed to help cut the time the smell lingered on my skin, and I didn't notice a smell when I sweat after I added the tea tree oil, which I could a little before I added the oil. I have very sensitive skin and it does burn on some pimples, but it did not last long at all. It didn't dry my skin out, but it did bring out a few small flat pimples. I only have light acne now, so the amount of pimples it can bring to the surface probably depends how many pimples are lingering below the surface. Be patient, it's so worth it. My skin was so dry from the acne.org so I used Ponds moisturizer-heavy duty stuff and my favorite go to moisturizer by far. ACV has balanced the pH level in my skin, I haven't even used the moisturizer in a while, but maybe in the winter i'll use it again? I'd also suggest using this Aztec clay mask I found at the better health food store-I paid $6 for a huge jar-and it has improved my skin so much [http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/itemid=74122]. Lastly, use ponds cold cream to remove makeup and a bar cleanser from soapworks(i use the carbolic one)-they are all natural [http://puresoapworks.com/carbolic.htm]. They smell weird before you actually use them, so don't disregard the product because the initial smell. I heard it can also be used on the body to help repel mosquitos [http://puresoapworks.com/mosquito_stories.htm]

My regime:
get rid of makeup with ponds cold cream makeup remover [night only]
wash face, chest, and back with carbolic soap
Use cotton pads to apply ACV/water/tea tree oil toner to face, chest, and back
*2-3 times a week I use the Aztec Clay mask. DO THIS BEFORE TAKING A SHOWER, comes off way easier in the shower.

I was nervous at first using makeup because of possibly spreading bacteria. I've started out lightly and haven't had any problems with breaking out!

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by llwilso

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the Heinz brand at walmart because that is all they had. I really did not think this would work because I have tried many things to help with my hormonal cystic breakouts and nothing has worked. I have been using this a week now and my face has completely cleared up. It looks fresher. The smell is awful but I don't really care because it made such a difference in my skin in just one week. I will continue to use this everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by kopo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate the smell. I live in hot, humid Asia & you smell horrible after rinsing your hair with any diluted vinegar. Don't see any result on my hair too. Prefer using coconut oil as hair mask and gentle deep cleansing shampoo for my slightly damaged chemical treated hair.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by mooshrimp

I've had a MASSIVE cherry angioma in the middle of my face for over a decade. Even my own mom thought it was ugly. My boyfriend was constantly saying "oh hey you have a big zit." It was raised and concealer wasn't helping. I went to a derm who offered to laser it off for the hefty sum of $300, plus weeks of downtime with bruising. I declined.

On the net some people had mentioned that if you scratch it with a CLEAN pin until it bleeds, then apply vinegar 3x a day until it scabs over, it can disappear. I was skeptical but had nothing to lose. You know if you are doing this process right because the vinegar does sting a bit. You can stop applying vinegar once the scab forms.

It scabbed over and looked really gross. I now had a giant black scab in the middle of my face. Terrific. But I managed not to pick at it even once, which is a miracle on its own, and left it alone. 2 weeks later, the scab fell off the the angioma was GONE. It's like magic. It's just GONE. For free instead of $300. I am THRILLED!

28 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by celina5847

Purchased a bottle from Walmart (Great Value Brand) because I heard it would remove warts. Well, let me tell you...IT WORKS. My son has a dime size wart on his finger and after using ACV once, it has gone down a lot! I simply soaked a cotton ball and secured it with a band aid before going to bed. I think another 2-3 nights of this should do the trick.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I only break this out on nights when I'm staying in and won't offend anyone with the ungodly stench. This stuff burns my eyes, it smells so bad, and I'll never get used to it.
HOWEVER, it has really helped with my skin! I've been using it for two weeks, and my skin is really clear and less oily, and my red acne marks are fading! It's also super nifty for a clarifying/shine rinse. Highly Recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by misterandry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I have to preface this by mentioning the smell. It is appalling. It smells like bad white wine and gym socks, and the only thing that has made me physically gag just because of the smell. That said, it's a testament to how well it works, because the result makes it so worth it. I use it only on my hair (I wanted to try it on my face, but the thought of that smell sitting on my skin horrified me.) After shampooing, I pour this mixed with equal parts water through my hair, and leave it for 4-5 minutes, breathing through my mouth, and then I rinse it out. After, I apply conditioner, just to get the smell out, though my hair feels soft already. The smell remains a little, but disappears once the hair is dry, and my hair is gorgeous! I have long, thick, straight hair, down to my hips, so it doesn't give me a lot of body, but it makes it so clean, shiny, and soft that my hair feels almost slippery. Also, I use a deep waver on my hair every other day, and this, deep conditioner, and olive oil keep my hair healthy as hell. If you can handle the smell, I can't recommend this enough.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by staci01

I always have a bottle of this in the house. Tried using it as a toner at different dilutions and it's a bit too acidic for my skin. The thing I LOVE about this is that it's raw and has the mother as stated on the label. Too much sugar, caffeine, non raw dairy products, medicines and other things can mess with the gut flora in our stomach. Our gut flora when healthy helps our body fight off sickness and absorb vitamins and minerals better and a healthy gut produces serotonin. There is a stomach and brain connection and when the stomach and intestines are not healthy/functioning properly then the brain is not either and you can have brain fog and emotional imbalance along with other things due to the stomach not producing serotonin very well. There is also the intestines to keep healthy. Very simply raw vinegar, and raw things like kombucha tea and fermented foods like raw sour kraut, help the stomach not only have the afore mentioned healthy flora but having a healthy stomach and intestines means the body absorbs vitamins an minerals better. It also helps the body start getting rid of the toxins stored in body fat and in the blood. When the stomach and "the pipes" are clean then your body can operate properly hence the weight loss and energy that people experience. Drinking raw apple cider vinegar is a quicker, and less harsh depending on your stomach, way to do the raw thing. On the Bragg's ACV bottle there is a recipe for what they call 'Bragg Vinegar Health Drink" and where it doesn't taste amazing it does get the job done. Keep in mind also that ACV is acidic, just as lemon juice for that famous lemon water drink everyone is so fond of, and over time erodes the enamel on teeth which can also lead to cavities. So after you drink your ACV drink make sure to rinse your mouth or brush your teeth. Don't be sipping on this stuff all day long.

11 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I am another one of those people ACV works for. I use just any generic ACV -- no special brand. No clue why some things work for some people and not for others but I suspect this works for people who either have oily hair or use hair products that need clarifying out. My hair is curly and dry on the ends but I have an oily scalp. Makes my hair so shiny and soft! I was afraid to try it at first but figured that at worst I'd just have to go back and use more conditioner if it made my hair dry. (Baking soda made my hair so dry and awful it was almost scary but conditioning worked.) Anyway, remember ymmv (your mileage may vary:)) but it's a great, cheap choice if you are one of those whose hair likes it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading the last review, I wanted to add one too. I also used this as a hair rinse and I got very dry, straw-like, tangly hair. I DID use apple cider vinegar, not white vinegar, and I also diluted it with water. I don't have hard water where I live. I think the results depend more than anything else on the kind of hair that you have. I think people who maybe have oily or normal hair to begin with, or whose hair is already fairly sleek or fine naturally, would probably get good results. But I would say to stay away if you have naturally dry, frizzy, coarse hair (like me). I do drink this, though, and even though I don't really notice any difference, but then again, I was already healthy before I started drinking it, and I didn't have any health issues. I use a straw to drink it (diluted in water) and after drinking it I use a mouthwash of baking soda diluted in water, since it's supposed to be bad for your teeth.